Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police arrest evil bitch who burned dog on stove (RIP Bobo)

Angry Police arrest evil bitch who burned dog on stove (RIP Bobo)

Preston Gannaway © The Rocky
    At Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital, Jackie Connors (arms shown) and Beth Heaton monitor Bobo a Yorkshire terrier who was found critically burned by his owner on Sunday, October 19, 2008 in Lakewood, Colo. The owner faces felony charges.

LAKEWOOD — A Yorkshire terrier is recovering from second- and third-degree burns to more than half of its body after a woman allegedly hog-tied the pooch and set it on fire on a kitchen stove Sunday.
    Tanya Martin, 38, was arrested without incident and booked into the Jefferson County Jail on suspicion of fourth-degree arson and cruelty to animals, both felonies.
    "We do not know what motivated her to commit this horrific crime," said Sheridan Foster, a Lakewood police spokeswoman.
    Martin's uncle, Leo Cordova, said his niece suffers from mental illness.
    "She loved that animal," he said. "That's her buddy. That's the love of her life."
    The terrier, named Bobo, was hog-tied with some type of speaker wire and placed on a phone book that was set ablaze on top of a kitchen stove at the Alpine Mountain Vista Apartments, Foster said.
    A neighbor heard the dog yelping about 9 a.m. and called 911. Police rushed to the apartment complex and stopped the fire from spreading, Foster said.
    Bobo, who is about 6 years old and weighs 10 to 12 pounds, is expected to survive but faces a long recovery, said Elisa Mazzaferro, director of emergency services at Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital, where Bobo is being treated.
    The dog was burned from the neck down, primarily on his underside and all four of his feet. The skin on his chin and his tongue were severely burned.
    Mazzaferro said she has seen at least four other animal-burn cases during her time at Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital.
    Three of those cases were malicious, including the one involving a cat named Westy, who was set on fire and thrown from a moving car in Westminster. The case involving Westy led to a new law that stiffens the penalties for animal cruelty, she said.
    Mazzaferro said West Metro Fire Rescue called the animal hospital to say it was bringing a dog that had been "maliciously and purposely lit on fire by its owner."
    Before Bobo was transported, paramedics resuscitated him, she said.
    "He was almost unconscious and barely breathing," she said.
    Cindy Matthews, a spokeswoman for West Metro, said pet oxygen masks are carried in all of their trucks.
    When Bobo arrived at the animal hospital, he was "very critical" and in a "tremendous amount of pain," Mazzaferro said.
    Melted plastic, apparently from the hog-tie, was adhered to one of his legs.
    By 11 a.m., Bobo was in an incubator that has tubing with supplemental oxygen. He risks getting carbon monoxide poisoning because of the burns, Mazzaferro said.
    He was wrapped in bandages to keep the ointment on and to keep the bedding in the incubator from adhering to his skin. Bobo also has an intravenous catheter in his neck to receive pain control medication, antibiotics and supplemental fluids.
    Mazzaferro asked that the public "say prayers" for Bobo and donate money to an animal care society in his name.
    "We're going to do our best to make sure that Bobo stays alive," she said. "He's in good hands now."

Police arrest woman who burned dog on stove : News Ticker : The Rocky Mountain News

This is horrific! That poor dear creature. My heart breaks for him. I hope he can recover from this. His owner needs to rot in Hell.

For the love of fuck...what is wrong with people??? If she has such as serious mental condition, that would cause her to do something so horrific, her family should have sought some help for her.

Stupid bitch!

What on earth? She loved the little dog? he must have gone stark raving mad. I hope she get a long jail term. Like maybe life.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This makes me want to cry and then set the bitch on fire!! People like her need to die NOW!!!

This is where any rational understanding I have goes out the window - fuck that fucking bitch.

That poor dog. I hope he can recover and they can keep him comfortable as he heals.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    For the love of fuck...what is wrong with people??? If she has such as serious mental condition, that would cause her to do something so horrific, her family should have sought some help for her.

Stupid bitch!
    In my opinion, if you have such a serious mental condition that could make it possible for you to do something like this, everyone is better off with you in the ground.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well maybe not an evil bitch, but seriously, seriously crazy (at the least) to do this. If she could do this to her 'beloved' pet, she could do it easily to a human being IMO, so the least she should get is some seriously long time in a mental institution.

poor doggie I hope it makes it.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

The picture of that poor baby didn't load for me until now . . .

Oh. My. God.

How anyone could hogtie a poor animal like that up and set it on fire is so far beyond my abilities to understand - and I've seen some real fucked up shit in my day.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

This happened down the road from me. My boys were so upset by it that I called the shelter to see what we could do and the adoption list is already 900+ families long.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

Oh my ..... my pooooor baby. He looks so adorable and helpless I hope he recovers but he is still going to have some trust issues after this, definitely.
    That bitch should go to hell. Some people really shouldn't have animals.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    This happened down the road from me. My boys were so upset by it that I called the shelter to see what we could do and the adoption list is already 900+ families long.
    At least it shows people care about this puppy.

What the fuck?
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    That is so touching

.................................................. .................................................. .........................................

WHEAT RIDGE - Calls from concerned and angry dog owners are pouring into the Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital and the Table Mountain Rescue Center about a Yorkshire terrier named "Bobo."
    The little dog is being treated after it was set on fire, allegedly by its owner.
    A 38-year-old Lakewood woman, Tanya Martin, appeared in court in Jefferson County on Monday to face charges of arson and animal cruelty. She's being held on a $10,000 bond and will be in court again Oct. 23.
    "She will be formally charged and will go through the process as anyone else would," said Steve Davis with Lakewood Police. "We will have to wait for the investigation to be completed and for any evaluations that would be done on the suspect."
    The incident happened Sunday morning when a resident of an apartment at 435 S. Wright Street called police and said someone in another apartment was hurting a dog.
    Lakewood Police Agents Matt Vandiver, David Mozell and Gene Gray entered the apartment and discovered the fire and the badly injured dog. The owner had apparently tried to burn a phone book on the stove and had allegedly placed the dog onto the burning phone book.
    The officers extinguished the fire and took the dog outside to get it away from the heat and smoke. Drivers of a West Metro ambulance were asked to take the dog to Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital. They put the dog onto a stretcher in the ambulance and carried it to the hospital.
    "My heart was in my throat," said veterinarian Dr. Elisa Mazzaferro. "When they called me and told me how badly the animal was injured, I almost threw up. My heart was in my throat, but I got it together and organized my team and in five minutes, Bobo was here."
    Mazzaffero, known as Dr. Mazz by other veterinarians and clients, said they'll try to save Bobo's life, although the dog's legs and feet are severely burned.
    "We'll try to control his pain and keep down infection. He's a really sweet dog. He hasn't tried to bite us, and he's very docile," said Mazzafero.
    The story outraged a number of animal lovers who showed up at both the animal hospital and the Table Mountain Animal shelter with donations of money, get well cards and stuffed animals.
    "When you read stuff like that, it just gets you," said Fred Everding, "I've got a check for $25. That's all I can afford. I don't understand why some people do this kind of thing."
    Another person wrote a check for $500.
    One person who showed up at the shelter Monday afternoon was one of Bobo's rescuers, Vandiver. He said he had submitted an application to adopt Bobo if he survives.
    "He may need a foster parent," Vandiver said. "So I was just coming in to fill out the application and we'll see what happens."

Donations can be sent to the Table Mountain Animal Shelter Westy Fund through www.tablemountainanimals.org and the donor should say it is for Bobo. You can also call 303-996-1394

9NEWS.com | Colorado's Online News Leader | Burned dog still recovering, owner appears in court

I hope this angel recovers. This POS owner should have a bond a hell of a lot higher than 10K!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information