Thread: WWF puts ad about Sarah Palin's wolf slaughter

Default WWF puts ad about Sarah Palin's wolf slaughter

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the political forum, but WFF is a non-political organisation, so...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQobIUE1zTU[/youtube]

I loathe this woman, and anyone soulless enough to engage in this sadistic 'sport'.
    Last edited by Aella; September 19th, 2008 at 05:06 AM.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I would like to shoot her.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Thumbs down

Evil bitch

She's just hateful-good on the WWF for raising awareness.

Also, could a mod fix my typo in the thread title?

Aella, You can edit the title if you go to edit then go advanced

Thanks, Honey!

Good wolf news.

Court Comes to Rescue of Wolves

In an emergency reprieve for one of our nation's most treasured wildlife icons, a U.S. district court judge has stopped the mass killing of wolves in the northern Rockies by granting a preliminary injunction that restores their federal protection. NRDC, Earthjustice and 11 other groups had requested the injunction in order to halt the senseless slaughter of wolves that ensued after the Bush Administration stripped them of endangered species protection in March. The administration's action has been reversed by the court until the full case can be heard and decided. "The federal court just threw a badly needed lifeline to wolves in the northern Rockies," said NRDC Senior Wildlife Advocate Louisa Willcox. "Now they have a fighting chance." In the months leading up to the ruling, more than 110 wolves were killed in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming -- about one per day since protections were removed.

Calling the Bush Administration's arguments "disingenuous," Judge Donald Molloy said that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service had "acted arbitrarily" in taking wolves off the endangered species list and turning their management over to the states. The agency's hasty action would likely "eliminate any chance" for interbreeding to occur between the region's wolf populations, thereby jeopardizing their long-term recovery. As a result of our courtroom victory, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho will be forced to abandon plans to allow the extermination of hundreds of wolves this fall as part of a massive public hunt -- the first in more than three decades. "Yellowstone's wolves are much safer today than they were just days ago," said Willcox. "But our fight is far from over." Judge Molloy's injunction is temporary. NRDC and our partners must now go back to court and win a final ruling that will help ensure the long-term survival of wolves in the northern Rockies.

Meanwhile, NRDC interns stationed this summer at an information booth inside Yellowstone National Park collected more than 200 signatures per day from visitors who were eager to show their support for a long-term wolf recovery plan that should be pursued by the next presidential administration. Tourists from around the country and the world viewed our display and were horrified to learn that, prior to Judge Molloy's ruling, the very wolves they had traveled hundreds and thousands of miles to see were being gunned down just outside the park.
    NRDC: Nature's Voice - Court Comes to Rescue of Wolves

Just temporary, but hopefully it will be extended.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

^^ Thanks for posting that, it makes me feel better!
    Sarah Palin is a disgrace to humanity and if she becomes vice-president I'll probably come over to the US and shoot her.
    No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world

Quote Originally Posted by Sibyl View Post
    ^^ Thanks for posting that, it makes me feel better!
    Sarah Palin is a disgrace to humanity and if she becomes vice-president I'll probably come over to the US and shoot her.
    I am normally a non-violent person, but I would not mind seeing her shot!

Disgusting!
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

Looks like the ad has been effective, not just for spotlighting the truth about Palin, but also for raising money and awareness for the wolves!

Sam Stein stein@huffingtonpost.com | HuffPost Reporting From DC

Anti-Palin 'Wolf' Ad Expands Into Battlegrounds
    October 1, 2008 01:56 AM

Of all the ads to have aired this presidential campaign, one of the most successful may have been one of the least remarked-upon.
    Weeks ago, Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund released a 60-second spot titled "Brutal," denouncing Gov. Sarah Palin's support for an aerial wolf killing program as well as a policy that places bounties on the forelegs of killed wolves. It was, according to trackers of voter responses, one of the most effective ads of the cycle.
    It also earned the organization $600,000 in donations in the six hours after it was released, and more than $1 million overall. With the extra funds, the organization is now plowing money back into its advertisement.
    On Wednesday, the wildlife group will announce that they are expanding the airing of its ad to additional swing states - a measure meant to correspond with Thursday's vice presidential debate. The ad is currently airing in Florida, Michigan, Ohio and Northern Virginia; voters in Colorado and Missouri will soon see it also.

"Defenders of Wildlife has found a more effective critique of Palin than the Obama campaign or Democratic Party," said a source with the organization. "The ad damages Palin with exactly the voters McCain put her on the ticket to attract -- suburban women, moderate Independents."

The group's initial spot scored incredibly well among focus groups. A study of 312 Democrats, Republicans and Independents showed that the ad produced "moderate movement among all parties" in Obama's favor. The spot earned a Political Communications Impact Score of 23.5, making it, according to the site Media Curves, the second most effective ad to have aired this cycle.
    And unlike many presidential campaign ads this cycle, the claims made in the Defenders spot are virtually all true, albeit with some caveats, according to FactCheck.org.
    "Aerial killing of wolves may not be your standard national election issue, but it is one that helps illuminate an important part of Sarah Palin's character," President of Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund Rodger Schlickeisen said in a statement. "We believe voters deserve to know about her support for this brutal practice, and we are confident the issue can move votes as we head into the home stretch of this campaign."

I'm on the email list for WWF. Sometimes, when they are supporting a bill for protection of animals, or fighting to stop a bill, they send these pre-written emails, figuring out who your Congressperson/Senator is.

All you have to do is click on it and it goes to Congress. Easy. They always ask you to personalize the email, but I've worked on Capitol Hill and believe me, these emails and letters get counted by some intern and total numbers delivered to the Press Agent. So I never waste my time with personalizing.

But I always feel better about supporting animals.

PS I'd like to offer a bounty for Palin's severed foot.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Thread Information