Thread: Handicapped Chihuahuas get around on little scooters

Default Handicapped Chihuahuas get around on little scooters

The North Shore Animal League in Port Washington, NY on Long Island is the world’s largest no-kill pet adoption center and is home to many special needs pets. Donna Imhof works as a veterinary technician at North Shore, and is mom to four chihuahuas who were born with a congenital defect that left them without front legs. Imhof adopted Carmen, Pablo, Venus and aptly-named Scooter in July, 2007 after they were recovered from a puppy mill in Virginia.
    The handicapped chihuahuas get around on special scooters that were custom-built for them in January. Generous donors contributed the $1,000 cost of the scooters. (I think that was the total cost for all the scooters, not the individual cost for each, but the source article is worded vaguely.) Prior to being outfitted with their new scooters the dogs got around by hopping and walking on their hind legs. With their new aluminum-frame scooters they have more mobility and less chance of back and joint problems. They also look so cute.
    If you live on Long Island or nearby and are looking for a pet the North Shore Animal League has many dogs and cats that need a good home. If you’re looking for a pet anywhere in the US, the humane society is a good place to start.
    Photo credit: BARM/Fame Pictures. 9/15/08

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Handicapped Chihuahuas get around on little scooters
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

OMG, that is too precious!

So cute!!! We recently met a Lab that has a cart! She is the happiest, funniest dog ever. She still steals the ball from other dogs and keeps up with them!

No coincidence that these dogs with birth defects came from a puppy mill, with their inbreeding and horrible conditions. Puppy mills should be outlawed. Love this story, though.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

my little sister showed me this in her kids national geographic......what a sweet story
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

My sister-in-law has a paralyzed Dachshund that has one of these. He is so damn cute. When he starts begging for food, he starts hopping up and down on his front paws, and gets carried away. Next thing you know, he's flung himself into a wheelie.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    My sister-in-law has a paralyzed Dachshund that has one of these. He is so damn cute. When he starts begging for food, he starts hopping up and down on his front paws, and gets carried away. Next thing you know, he's flung himself into a wheelie.
    You're kidding!! That is hilarious!

It's almost like they have no clue that they have a wheelchair. The couple with the Lab we met said she gets stuck going around corners in the house.

I'm not sure what's wrong with her...she can wag her tail still, so I don't think she's paralyzed.

Haha, too cute.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

This is brilliant!!!
    How lovely to hear about all these dogs, wheelies and all.

Oh the cuteness, poor little dogs

OMG that is too cute

So cute

that's funny
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Thread Information