Thread: Anyone used dinovite?

Default Anyone used dinovite?

Our dog has been biting and scratching since the spring. He has been to the vet 4 or 5 times, and they have done everything from changing his shampoo, antihistamines to now steroids. He is on his second round of steroids. Vet said if this didn't stop it, we would have to go another route.
    I heard this advertised on the radio, but haven't asked my vet about it. Does anyone have any experience with it?
    Bless his heart, he is itching himself to death, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have a jack russell with the same problem. we've done everything and it's cost us a fortune. I've started giving her medicated baths and when she gets dry I put a sweater on her so she can't itch. It works, I don't know why but it works. So when the spitz started doing the same thing I tried it with her and it worked.

Lots of luck, last year Maggie looked like she got a visit from Charles Manson.

My previous dog had the same thing. Ironically, her allergies mimicked mine since I, too, have terrible itching allergies in the Spring (from pine pollen). They did the same routine as your dogs, except he stopped the steroids. Too many steroid shots can cause permanent liver damage.

What did I do:

• Switched food to Sensitive Skin Science Diet.
    • Brushed her every other day since brushing promotes oil production in the hair follicle
    • Bathed her with medicated, hypoallergenic shampoo
    • Stopped using all perfumed rug deodorizer
    • Gave h
    er oil pills I got from the vet to help with the dry skin.

It helped a ton. She still had her allergies, but not nearly as bad.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

I feel odd suggesting this,but I have tried it on my doggy. I read it,but cannot remember where-this is to allergy proof your dog. It's purporse is to keep dog dander down. OK-this may be worth a try for you:

1 part Downy fabric softner (the original blue kind)
    4 parts water (warm)
    shake together ( I use an empty plastic detergent bottle)
    This is done after the dog gets a bath & is clean & rinsed. Pour all over dog.
    Do NOT rinse. Let it dry. At first the poor dog will reek like a hooker. This gets less strong after a day or two. All I can say it that it does not hurt the dog in anyway and it might help. The same thing can be done with cats,using 1 part water,5 Downey.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Omega 3 Fish Oil did wonders for my dog's dry skin this summer.

If your doggie itches year round, there is a good chance that it's food allergies. A lot of times you have to try different brands with different protein sources and only one source of carbohydrates. A lot of dogs are allergic to chicken and some are allergic to beef. That's why a lot of people switch to a Lamb and rice diet.

If it's a spring summer thing, it can be fleas. According to my vet, even if you treat a dog for fleas, one may still bite your dog and cause them to be super sensitive.

Ironically, I asked my vet about food allergies and he poo poo'd the idea because he is a puppy.

Thread Information