Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saving the Michael Vick Dogs on National Geographic

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Saving the Michael Vick Dogs on National Geographic

DogTown | Dogtown- National Geographic Channel

Remind Me
    NEXT PRIME AIRINGNEXT PRIME AIRINGNEXT PRIME AIRINGNEXT PRIME AIRINGNEXT PRIME AIRINGNEXT PRIME AIRING
    Saving the Michael Vick Dogs

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 5 9P FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 5 8P FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 5 7P FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 5 9P FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 5 8P FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 5 6P

In April 2007, the nation was shocked when dozens of traumatized pit bulls were discovered on Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vicks property. Follow the journey of four of the most challenging Vick dogs as DogTown helps rehabilitate them.

I wanted to share that this was coming on. I saw a commercial advertising it, some of the dogs look pretty beat up.

I HATE that man
    Looks like a good show

I recently watched a special on Animal Planet called "Animal Witness", and it showcased the whole ordeal from the first warrant to his sentence. What I found most interesting was that a good majority of the dogs were rehabilitated and adopted or are living in a sanctuary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

My husband tried to watch it this weekend and I had to get him to turn it. It showed some of the little puppies, on video, fighting and I couldn't bear to hear their yelps.
    It was really sad. I hope Michael Vick is getting rammed with a 10 inch dick, no lube and a patch full of crabs. Sorry fucker!

^my boyfriend was watching it and I left the room. I hate this miserable son of a bitch.

Gold Member

I have my tivo set to tape it. It's amazing how most of them are just loving pets now. People think they're horrible dogs to have, but they're just loving animals who want to be loved themselves.

The fucker deserves every prison beating and raping he gets.

waiting for the Madam to return with the whip

I believe trying to save these dogs is noble.

But I would never, ever be able to trust one of them in my home with my kids.

It was amazing to see them just being dogs and enjoying love for the first time ever.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Hummus View Post
    I believe trying to save these dogs is noble.

But I would never, ever be able to trust one of them in my home with my kids.
    you would if you saw the show.

I have a fear of pit bulls because one attacked my 2 pommies and it was the worse thing I've ever seen.

On the other hand if my Jack Russell was the size of a pit I think she would be just as bad. People don't want to really own dogs, they want lawn ornaments. They don't want to walk them or care for them, just throw some food and water at them.

I owned a pit when I was a kid, before the media hype and in breeding and it was one of the best dogs I've ever owned.
    =-----------

Vicks dogs -
    Georgia had her teeth removed after her fighting days were over, she was a champion so they wanted to breed her. So she wouldn't attack the male champion dog some vet removed her teeth. Then they strapped her into a rape machine and let the male go at her. No love, no contact, just fighting.

Vicks fine only covered half of their costs.
    One dog has a court order and she has to stay there for life - I think it was Merle. It took her a good while to stop hating people.

Denzel has a illness that dogs pass from each other in their salava when they fight.. he almost died.. turns out quite a few of the dogs have it.

Cherry was a bait dog, the stronger dogs practiced on him. He shut down and had to be carried everywhere. He finally started coming out of his shell.

---------

before that show The Dog Whisperer had a show about a fighting pit and Cesar Milan showed it from beginning to end, blood and all. It was hard to watch - reality check for Dog Town which came next.

Before the show I thought, OK Vick you prick do the crime pay the time. After the show, if he never gets out of jail I don't care. He's vile and heartless.

our county has a reward system for turning in people who engage in dog fighting.

Dogfighting

I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I so would like 5 mins alone with Vick anyone who fights dogs should just get ran over repeatedly by a steam roller
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus!

It wasn't just the fighting. They starve them and make them hungry for blood, they exercise them to near death to beef them up, they fill them with drugs to make them angry, if they don't fight well or loose they kill them. Vick killed some of the dogs himself.

Everything was painted black to hide it from the air. He was crooked and he was brutal.

I hope he's the prom queen at the butt bangers ball and I feel the same way about anyone that does this stuff.

Gold Member

I just got done watching it and had to come post on here.

I cried when they first introduced Cherry and then everytime he he did something out of his shell. I really lost it when he was happy and playing with another dog. He would be an excellent pet due to the fact that he wanted to be loved so much but was scared. I want to adopt him now.

I really hope Merle will find a good home one day. All of them seemed to become loyal, loving dogs. It proves so much that it's all in how you raise your animal.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ I'm with you, I was a mess. Cherry and Georgia were my favorites.

When I saw the rape stand I wanted to throw up.

You can't help but be angry at Vick when you watch this show.

I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. It is so heartbreaking to know that someone could do that to a defenseless animal.
    We were watching a re run of CSI last week, and it had a dogfight scene, and I left the room. I just can't do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information