Thread: VP candidate Sarah Palin hates Polar Bears!

Angry VP candidate Sarah Palin hates Polar Bears!

(Stolen from Grimmlock)

Earlier this morning, before I left Denver, I wrote a post about oil companies and their cronies fighting the new rules designed to protect polar bears. Little did I know when I was writing the post that one of those cronies would be picked as McCain's v.p. Yes, guess who else wants no protections for the polar bears? Sarah Palin:

The State of Alaska will sue to challenge the recent listing of polar bears as a threatened species, Gov. Sarah Palin said Wednesday.

She and other Alaska elected officials fear a listing will cripple oil and gas development in prime polar bear habitat off the state's northern and northwestern coasts.

Palin argued there is not enough evidence to support a listing. Polar bears are well-managed and their population has dramatically increased over 30 years as a result of conservation, she said.

Climate models that predict continued loss of sea ice, the main habitat of polar bears, during summers are unreliable, Palin said.

The announcement drew a strong response from the primary author of the listing petition.

"She's either grossly misinformed or intentionally misleading, and both are unbecoming," said Kassie Siegel of the Center for Biological Diversity. "Alaska deserves better."

Siegel said it was unconscionable for Palin to ignore overwhelming evidence of global warming's threat to sea ice, the polar bear's habitat.

"Even the Bush administration can't deny the reality of global warming," she said. "The governor is aligning herself and the state of Alaska with the most discredited, fringe, extreme viewpoints by denying this."

Another global warming denier. Great. Sarah Palin is grossly misinformed. Maybe she should spend some time with the biologists who've been monitoring the polar bears lately. A report on this very subject came out this week:

Government scientists reported seeing at least nine polar bears swimming in open water over a six-hour period on August 16, including one more than 50 miles offshore, World Wildlife Fund officials said.

That represents a huge increase over previous sightings, said Margaret Williams of the fund's Alaska office. A total of 12 polar bears were spotted in open water between 1987 and 2003, Williams said in a telephone interview.

In 2004, she said, four drowned bears were observed.

"Unfortunately it's what we might expect to see if bears are forced to swim longer distances," Williams said. "The Arctic is gigantic. When you have nine bears sighted in one transect (route) ... one can assume that there are likely a lot more bears swimming in open water."

How can you hate polar bears? Stupid bitch.
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Hit By Ban Bus!

This is absolute crap. First of all, McCain has been on the forefront of environmental policies for years. Say what you want, but the man cares about environmental policies. Second of all, the oil and natural gas line is the lifeblood for all alaskans. How do you think we got the permanent fund? The place is as big as the lower 48. The government oversees the distribution, the same way the Public Service Commission oversees monopolies in the lower 48. This article's a weak smear. Go PALIN!

actually I'm quoting my daughter - who until recently lived in Alaska and knows Sarah.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

So there's obviously no bias there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    This is absolute crap. First of all, McCain has been on the forefront of environmental policies for years. Say what you want, but the man cares about environmental policies. Second of all, the oil and natural gas line is the lifeblood for all alaskans. How do you think we got the permanent fund? The place is as big as the lower 48. The government oversees the distribution, the same way the Public Service Commission oversees monopolies in the lower 48. This article's a weak smear. Go PALIN!

actually I'm quoting my daughter - who until recently lived in Alaska and knows Sarah.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^That is way cuter than my picture.
    But I suppose now, Palin has much bigger issues to defend than treatment of Polar Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    This is absolute crap. First of all, McCain has been on the forefront of environmental policies for years. Say what you want, but the man cares about environmental policies.
    Utter fucking bullshit:

McCain Alone in Missing Every Key Environmental Vote
    Absenteeism from their regular jobs is an occupational hazard for presidential candidates. McCain is the only Member of Congress who skipped every environmental vote on the LCV list. And that includes two House members who died in office and a senator who was absent most of the year due to a life-threatening illness, all of whom earned higher scores than McCain.

"Out of 535 Members of Congress, John McCain is the only one who chose to miss every single key environmental vote scored by the League of Conservation Voters last year. When it came time to stand up and vote for the environment, John McCain was nowhere to be found,” Pope said in a statement.

"Every other Member who received a zero from LCV last year at least had the temerity to show up and vote against the environment and clean energy time after time,” Pope added. “And unlike John McCain, I doubt any of them would claim to be environmental leaders or champions on global warming."
    So how much of a leader in environmental issues is he?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information