Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My 1 month old kitty is dying

Unhappy My 1 month old kitty is dying

My kitty which is barely a month old has been given a week to live.Its been diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy which is a genetic heart condition.

Although I've fed many stray cats till now,this is my first real pet.It was given to me by my dads friend.It wasnt very active,and had a poor appetite when I got it,but nobody made much of it.3 days ago,it managed to sneak out of the front door and did not come back the entire night.However it came back late the next morning.It was trying to climb the steps leading to the front door,but kept falling off.We then saw both its hind legs were paralysed and it was just dragging them when it walked using the front ones.At first we thought something had run over it,but couldnt understand how anything could run over its hind legs only.We took it to a vet that evening and he gave it an injection telling us it had probably jumped from somewhere high and gotten hurt.But my kitty didnt show any improvement for 3 days.So we took her to another vet,he told us her condition is extreme now and that she would die within a week or two.

Ive decided to give her to a shelter because I do not want to watch her die.She was the sweetest kitty ever,all she wanted to do was sit on everybodys lap all the time.Shes going to the shelter tomorrow,so im staying awake all night with her today.

I'm so sorry Kat.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Ah I'm sorry. That's rough, what's her name?

I am so sorry! I really do hate this.

aw honey, I'm so sorry...poor little thing
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

How sad. My heart goes out to you, Kat. That poor little thing!

I'm so sorry.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

why are you giving her to a shelter??!@

You're the only family she has. She needs your love and comfort and for you to be with her to ease her into the next life. Don't deprive her of that in her hour of need. Remember your pet commandments:

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch.
    Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
    Do it for her. Its hard, but how hard do you think it is for HER?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

aww.....too many sad kitteh stories...my poor heart can't take it.....

....and I kind of agree with Grimm....or at least be there when she is put to sleep.

Thumbs up

I must agree with Grimm.

As hard as it is..it was the most touching moment I've ever experienced, and I'm so thankful I was there, for me and mostly them, the times I've had to say goodbye..to my pets.

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty, but I agree with Grimm too. My sister worked in a cat shelter for awhile that people basically used as a place to send their pets when they were dying. She didn't last long at that job, she said it was too depressing to see so many animals abandoned by their families when they needed that love the most. Please stay with your kitty til the end, even if it is hard for you to watch. She needs your love now.

Please don't leave her little kitty heart to be alone. Stay with her and get it over with for her. Don't take her away from you,her protector. Please.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

You know what?I think I'll do it,I know my parents wont like it,But I'll keep her as long as I can.Watching her walk now is painful enough,I cant imagine what it wud be like to watch her die.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    You know what?I think I'll do it,I know my parents wont like it,But I'll keep her as long as I can.Watching her walk now is painful enough,I cant imagine what it wud be like to watch her die.
    She'll thank you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

im sorry to *Kat* i lost my year old cat too and still think about him all the time. he had bad kidneys are suffered a lot (my biggest regret ) I wish i'd have known so i could put him down properly, think of how well you treated her in life ok...

I'm sorry, Kat. If her situation is terminal and it would be a kinder end, you can always take her to be euthanized. You can hold her while she drifts away peacefully.

Regardless, I definately think you're doing the right thing to keep her with you until the end. It will be painful, but it is the kindest, most compassionate thing you can do for your pet. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information