Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parvo

Unhappy Parvo

I am very sad bc I recently purchased the cutest female boxer pup and after her being part of our family for a short 5 days I find out she has parvo, she is at the vets but the outcome does not look bright, it it is going to be so hard to explain to my young child where her puppy has gone if she does not pull through! She is such a sweet puppy to it breaks my heart to see her so sad and miserable......what an awful ugly disease!
    Life is short....drink up!

and as I finished typing this entry the vet called to let me know that she has left our world, who ever would have thought that having her for so short of time would make such a connecton, this is the saddest moment I have had in a long time.
    Last edited by lori359; July 11th, 2008 at 05:45 PM.

Zee

I'm sorry to hear about your puppy. That's so hard to explain to children. Did you call your breeder yet?
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Quote Originally Posted by lori359 View Post
    and as I finished typing this entry the vet called to let me know that she has left our world, who ever would have thought that having her for so short of time would mae such a connecton, this is the saddest moment I have had in a long time.

I rescued a tiny kitten and it struggled for 5 days and then died at the vet's. Apparently he was badly malnourished and was too far gone to nurse back to health.My older cat obviously understood how ill he was and snuggled the kitten the whole time.

I fell in love with my little Tobey on sight and I still get teary thinking about him.Sorry about your loss.

Yes I called the breeder and the twit had the nerve to tell me she had to have gotten it from my house, I informed her that parvo incubates for 7-10 days before symptoms show and seeing as I had not had the puppy 5 days when she started getting sick that was impossible and then I sent her an email with a copy of my states puppy lemon law and told her she could do the right thing or I would pursue it through other avenues.

So sorry to hear about your pup

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh, I'm so sorry.

Silver Member

Unhappy

sorry about your puppy

Hit By Ban Bus!

lori don't get another dog for a while and bleach your house down.

my SIL got a puppy that caught parvo but she lived, it was touch and go - maybe she made it b/c she was a mixed breed 3/4 wolf and 1/4 german shepherd.

I hate when people let their dogs crap in my yard, I just know my dogs will catch some funky illness!

A*O

Did the puppy come from a registered breeder or a puppy farm? A reputable breeder will have the puppy fully vaccinated before allowing it off the premises and give you the paperwork to prove it.

There's no need for dogs to get parvo in the first place if they are properly vaccinated.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^If they are vaccinated they should be fine. Also, dogs older than two years should be safe from catching diseases such as Parvo and distemper.

I once nursed a dog through Parvo ( he lived) and it is a horrible disease and very expensive to treat.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    lI hate when people let their dogs crap in my yard, I just know my dogs will catch some funky illness!
    Is that how parvo is transmitted?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Yes, it's transmitted through feces.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^That is how the disease is "shed" from an infected dog, but if a person, a bird, a car tire, shoes, anything comes into contact with the infected feces it can be transmitted from those items to an unvaccinated dog.

Lori, I am so sorry. I recently lost a puppy in a similar way although my vet said it wasn't parvo--she was fine for 5 days then became very ill and was vomiting all night. I took her to my vet and she never came home. I went to see her on the 3rd day because I couldn't stand it anymore and she was in such bad shape I knew she wasn't going to make it. The vet's office called me two hours later to tell me she was gone.

Even though I only had her for a short time it's heartwrenching, more than I could have imagined. My sympathies to you and your child.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information