Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've been adopted by a stray cat

Default I've been adopted by a stray cat

My Husband discovered a beautiful long haired cat raking through our wheelie bin on Saturday morning. She's shockingly underweight (she's like a walking skeleton) and her coat was in a really bad state, badly matted and filthy.

Of course being the soft lump he is, My Husband brought her inside and contacted the Cat protection League who came out yesterday and took her to see the vet. Her health in general is good she just needs to have her weight built up and a good bath/groom. They estimate she's about 9-12 months. She's back here with us now because the CPL have no space or foster homes available, so we've agreed to foster her for 2 weeks while we attempt to trace an owner. If no owner's found in that time we plan to adopt her.

She has no microchip and the CPL haven't been contacted by anyone missing a cat like her. We've added her details to various lost and found registers and put posters up in local pet shops/vets. I'm not really holding out much hope though, because she's clearly not been in a home for quite some time judging by the state she was in.

She was so frightened at first and attacked us if we went near her, but 3 days on you'd never know. She follows me everywhere and just wants to sit on my knee and be cuddled constantly.
    Here she is.... How could anyone not want her?

Last edited by elginshel; June 24th, 2008 at 06:07 AM.

she's a beautiful girl! thank you for helping her.

Awww, that's a very decent thing you're doing there. My cat adopted me too and she'd been in the streets and sick when she found me. Can't you keep her? She's adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Awww, that's a very decent thing you're doing there. My cat adopted me too and she'd been in the streets and sick when she found me. Can't you keep her? She's adorable!
    Hi Yanna. We do plan to adopt her if no owner comes forward and I have to admit, I hope they don't.

She's either been badly neglected, or her owners haven't exactly been franticaly searching for her, since none of the resuce organisations we've contacted have any missing cats listed with her description. If my cat went missing the whole world would know about it by now.

I think she'll probably be better off with us, but we legally (and morally I suppose) have to wait 2 weeks to give her owners a chance to report her missing untill we can adopt her.

She's beautiful!

I type this with my lovely lady on my lap. She adopted us almost four years ago now when she was a skeletal stray. Like my husband says, "Why would someone throw out a perfectly good cat?"

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

What a wonderful kitty! How lucky you all are. I have a feeling the old owners don't miss her -I hope she is all yours. The best pet of all is the one that finds you.
    PS-I may be in love a tiny bit with your hubby.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

smf

shes a purdy cat and im sure you'll get to keep her

thats how we got our other cat Henry J, he came with the house we lived in. we've had him 2 yrs, and he's the sweetest cat. (actually he's a she, but its ok) someone must've owner him before, because he's been fixed.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I think cats know what they are doing when they adopt people!! They usually pick the right people!
    Every cat we have had over the years adopted us. One decided to move in while we were moving into a new house, one we found chewing on the pumpkin stalk on the porch around Halloween (he was tiny), found one trying to stay warm in my roommates engine, one we found hiding in the backyard playing with our rabbits, and the other was a teeny baby that we think his momma left on our porch. We wouldn't have had it any other way, they are the best!!

Elginshel you and your hubby are such wonderful people to help this precious baby!!

Aww, she is lovely, bless you for rescuing her!! I know how it goes, our most recent rescue showed up starving and pitiful in our backyard last year. Trying to find a good home is almost impossible, so we ended up keeping him too. I wish there were good homes for all the needy critters out there.

She's so beautiful!!

We just moved and there are two cats (that I think used to live in the house we are renting) that come around. Only one of them really comes around to see us. She's small and very cute. Looks really healthy, too. As soon as I can get her, I'm going to take her to the vet to see if she's spayed. We'll spay her and continue to take care of her until she decides to come in Or until they both decide to come in!!

Pretty cat

Silver Member

she looks very regal and pretty

i hope you can keep her

and give her a regal name

Nice floofy tail, floofy cat. Looks like already ruling the roost!

Well it's been 6 days now and still no owner. She's pretty much become one of the family now, although things are still a bit tense between her and my other cat. Hopefully they'll at least learn to tolerate each other, even if they can't be friends..
    I'm dreading getting a phone call from someone claiming her now.

We've called her Arwyn to carry in the Lord Of the Rings theme we seemed to start by calling our other cat Frodo.

She got a much needed wash tonight which she was none too pleased about!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information