Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My neighbour's dog attacked me

Default My neighbour's dog attacked me

I didn't do anything. I was just leaving my house to go to my car and the dog came straight at me, barking. It's a huge, ugly boxer and the neighbour was taking it out for a walk without a leash. My boyfriend stopped the dog before reaching me. I wanted to yell at the woman to put a leash on that thing but I couldn't speak. She was saying that I shouldn't worry and that her baby is harmless and just playing.

I know a friendly, playing dog when I see one, that monster was barking at me! It's not the first time, either. It wouldn't let me leave my house one morning and ended up late for work.

I want to go to the police and report that woman but my boyfriend said I should have a talk with her first and tell her she's supposed to walk that monster on a leash. I'm just so angry because when I tell people they give me that old dog-lover line about how I shouldn't be afraid because dogs can smell fear. As if it's my fault! I almost wish they would all get mauled by one of those friendly, harmelss doggies. Fuckers.

Yikes, dogs really don't like you, do they?

It's definitely irresponsible of that woman to have that boxer out of a leash, especially since he's obviously not trained. You could always try talking to her first, though if you're really afraid she won't listen, try the cops.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I know that the cops will just laugh at me and do nothing.

Every time I see that ugly thing chasing cars I mutter "put your head under the wheel, Princess" but she's been lucky so far. Damn.

Anyway, I'll talk to the owner. If she refuses to do anything I'll try the cops. I could threaten to run over or poison the dog but I could never do that not even if that thing ripped out my arm, or something. I lost two dogs, one from getting ran over and one from poison and even the ugliest, most ill-mannered beast is someone's baby.

Chances are the dog has to be on a leash with the bylaws. If it isn't, she can be fined. You'll make an enemy for life but the stupid bitch should know better.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

no leash is indefensible, but as a boxer owner, i know they can come across as mean, but they really aren't. they're just retards... they bark at people b/c they're just mouthy dogs. lol

maybe your neighbor's dog is just an ass, but most boxers are harmless.

I'll try to be more relaxed if it attacks me again but that's no way to live I'm definitely going to warn the owner that she'd better get that thing under control or I'll go to the cops.

Um yeah, as much as dog owners throw that "they're harmless" crap around, the thing should be on a leash.

Nobody wants to be the first person the dog bites the face off of.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Report her. I've heard stories like these on the news, all too often, about people getting mauled or KILLED by loose Boxers or Pitbulls... so much so that they're all but completely banned, in my neighborhood. In some neighborhoods, around here, though, they are.

My point is, report that women to the police now. If it isn't going to be you, and God forbid that it is, it's going to be someone else getting hurt, or someone else's dog getting hurt or killed.

I agree-I don't know where you live but most places have a leash law. The owner is stupid,if she saw her dog scare you & did nothing! I would grovel if my dogs scared anyone. She should have come over & apologized later. Anyway,call city hall & check on a leash law. As a last resort, take a dog bone out with you & try to make friends with the beast. I swear,dog owners like that give all of us a bad name!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The owner was acting like I had no right to be scared and that the monster was only playing. Definitely no grovelling more like "Aw, Princess, you're such a naughty doggie" while I was nearly dying there.

I live in Greece and there are laws that dogs need to be on a leash and wear a muzzle when out. Most people don't bother with muzzles. Like the woman with the German shepherd near my work. It's usually a race to see whether I can make it to my car before that snarling beast can drag his mistress all the way to get me.

I don't get why I have that effect on dogs .

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post

I don't get why I have that effect on dogs .
    Um, I should probably warn you about the Doberman in the sidewalk in front of the bike shop right next to my place. Apparently he's not aggressive (though I have glared at the owners once or twice-I'm not afraid of dogs, but passing on a narrow sidewalk practically over a lying dog on my way back from the supermarket? That's too risky even for me-I might startle it) but given your track record....
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Might be a good idea to carry a baggy of doggy treats around with you, so you can throw one at any mutt you come across.. at which point they should be friendly and remember you next time

Well, it's been nice knowing you, Aella. I'm never coming to your house ever again.

Grimm, I'm afraid that with my luck that monster and all the mutts in the neighbourhood will attack me to get the treats.

OK-She has no reguard for your comfort & I see no reason for you to protect hers. Call the animal control people. She is breaking the law. Open/shut.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yanna I have a dog but I won't give you the old dog lover line. I think you are 100% right and you need to be safe first. Even though I love my doggie so much, I think she is an animal and so she might attack whenever she wants, it's unpredictable... This doesn't necessairily mean that she's dangerous but, well, you never know what a dog might think: maybe she want to play, maybe she's worried... it does not matter anyway, especially if the dog is big and strong.

You should REALLY talk to this woman. You wouldn't want to call the animal control ppl so soon because they might categorically tell her to put him to sleep, which might be too much. A little training wouldn't hurt as all dogs need to understand how to behave when they are treated like "companion animals".
    She's the owner, she is responsible for her dog AND what her dog does. Tell her that she has to put the f*cking leash on when he's out!! She can "let him run free" at the dog park, alone. This is what I do, so she can do it as well. It's nothing weird at all.

Ask if the dog has an assurance and if he's ok with vaccines etc. Maybe his aggressive behavoiour is the result of some disease. Just simply tell her that the dog has scared you several times, that you don't feel safe and this could be solved if she was a responsible owner. She shoul tell you she's sorry at least at this point, this is what a normal person would say. If you still have troubles, then go to the animal control ppl, don't wait until the dog bites you or maybe does something worse.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information