Thread: Basset Hound loves a shower

Default Basset Hound loves a shower

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVXeoNIJyRI[/YOUTUBE]

How cute!!! I wish my dog loved to be bathed like that! He's learned the word "bath" and runs as soon as he hears it.

My dog hates a bath, too! she gets all depressed when I mention the word!

So cute. I think he's just too lazy to move!!

Josie is not fond of the bath, either. She loves getting in the pool and the jacuzzi, though.

aw video is no longer available
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Video is playing for me still, msdeb.

That hound isn't too lazy to move, I think he just really likes the water! He is actually putting his head up into the stream of water and has this look of pure bliss and relaxation when the shower head is directly on top of his head--he even closes his eyes! It probably feels like a massage to him.

I had a look at the other videos and they make me want a bassett hound BAD! They howl, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post

That hound isn't too lazy to move, I think he just really likes the water! He is actually putting his head up into the stream of water and has this look of pure bliss and relaxation when the shower head is directly on top of his head--he even closes his eyes! It probably feels like a massage to him.

I had a look at the other videos and they make me want a bassett hound BAD! They howl, don't they?
    NOOOO-I had one named Daisy Bell -oh lord-she smelled to high heaven. I took her to the vet to inquire what could be done. He said if I found out to let him know. His smelled too-and he couldn't stop it either!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

?
    i came bak and tried it again. i love Bassetts. when they are a puppy, they are so cute, they trip over their ears!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

How cute!!! I wish my dog loved to be bathed like that! He's learned the word "bath" and runs as soon as he hears it.
    My dog hates baths but she loves to play with the water as it comes out of the hose! She will chase it around the yard for hours but will not get in the little pool I got her to cool off in. She will cry and cry and try to climb in the tub with me when I take a bath will not get close to the pond down the road, she sits on the edge and watched our other dog swim around. I am hoping one day she will remember she is a lab and should like the water!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    NOOOO-I had one named Daisy Bell -oh lord-she smelled to high heaven. I took her to the vet to inquire what could be done. He said if I found out to let him know. His smelled too-and he couldn't stop it either!
    That sucks. That's weird, too, I wonder why? I wonder if it has something to do with their long ears getting dirty and funky. Had a beagle with longish ears and they smelled and had to be continually cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by Apainta View Post
    My dog hates baths but she loves to play with the water as it comes out of the hose! She will chase it around the yard for hours but will not get in the little pool I got her to cool off in. She will cry and cry and try to climb in the tub with me when I take a bath will not get close to the pond down the road, she sits on the edge and watched our other dog swim around. I am hoping one day she will remember she is a lab and should like the water!
    Cute!! My lab jumped in the pool about 4 times yesterday. Such a doofus.

Silver Member

I have a Basset Hound and he is the same way in the shower. But it has to be a shower. He doesn't like to stand in any water. But if you turn on the shower head with warm water. He will lift his head up and even roll over on his back.

As for the smell. My dog never smelled. You just have to keep their ears clean and get an appropriate bowl for them. Since their long ears will drop into a normal food or water bowl. Also if you are thinking of getting a basset hound make sure they don't jump off of beds and furniture a lot. Get one of those doggie step things. As they get older their backs can cause them trouble. Especially if you over feed them. But all in all they are really great dogs and extremely friendly. They loved to be petted and to curl up next to you

It must be a Basset Hound thing ... mine used to get in with my ex-husband while he was taking a shower.

Jackson (my dog) gets mad at me because I close the bathroom door when I take a shower. Occasionally he'll howl outside the door. It's really pathetic!!

Thread Information