Thread: It tastes of beef and it's non-alcoholic, but this beer is strictly for the dogs

Default It tastes of beef and it's non-alcoholic, but this beer is strictly for the dogs

Talk about hair of the dog ... Now man's best friend could become his best drinking buddy, too, thanks to a beer designed especially for dogs.

Sold in a glass bottle with a contented German Shepherd pictured on the label, beef-flavoured Dog Beer is being pioneered at a Derby pet shop.
    Non-alcoholic and said to have nutritional value by retailer Pets at Home, the drink is proving popular with customers at the Meteor Centre store, according to manager Mike Hall. Scroll down for more...
    Pooch hooch: A dog laps up the so-called 'tail-wagging beer'

"There's potassium, protein and fats in there. There's nothing in there to harm them, that's for sure.
    "People are going to sit and watch the football and have a beer with the dog.
    "We've had quite a lot of repeat business - people coming back for more because their pets really enjoyed it."
    The Derby store was chosen as the place to test the drink's popularity before Pets at Home launched it nationwide.
    Imported from Holland, where it is called Kwispelbier - "tail-wagging beer" - it is being sold at 1.99 for a 33cl bottle.
    Made using a traditional brewing process, the drink contains malt barley extract.
    A spokesman for Pets at Home said: "While initially people may think of the drink as a novelty, it makes a delicious treat for a thirsty dog.
    "It also encourages drinking, which is good for the kidneys, and is a great source of vitamin B. "It means pets are even more a part of family life as they can enjoy a beer, too."

It tastes of beef and it's non-alcoholic, but this beer is strictly for the dogs | the Daily Mail

^ That's kind of cool. I don't know about dogs, but I know they say cats don't naturally drink enough when left to their own devices. If you can offer them something like wet food or a cat-friendly gravy, they benefit from the extra liquid. Maybe dogs are similar?
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Oh man, I could have thought of that dammit!! Who knew??

A beer I actually DON'T want to drink. Never thought I'd see the day.

don't tell my Pug, she is already so pampered, she'll be having me run out at midnight for her beer fix!

My husband thought of making a beer for dogs about 2 years ago. We would have called it O'Drools.

We were kinda pissed that our idea was STOLEN!!!!

*and that is not a "contented German Shepherd" on the label. I think that's a Weimereiner, or maybe some kind of hound dog.
    Last edited by Beeyotch; May 17th, 2008 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    My husband thought of making a beer for dogs about 2 years ago. We would have called it O'Drools.

We were kinda pissed that our idea was STOLEN!!!!

*and that is not a "contented German Shepherd on the label. I think that's a Weimereiner, or maybe some kind of hound dog.
    Too right!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information