Thread: Zeus, the 70-stone manta ray takes to the sky (with the help of a helicopter)

Default Zeus, the 70-stone manta ray takes to the sky (with the help of a helicopter)

His namesake is the mythological god of the sky but as Zeus the manta ray flew through the clouds, he was at the mercy of a helicopter until it reached the shore.

The 70-stone sea creature was carried on a vast net to the Atlantic Ocean from Paradise Island in the Bahamas, where he had been in captivity for three years.
    As part of a research and release program at the Atlantis resort, the massive black ray was lowered into the open sea.
    Scroll down for more...
    Star in the sky: Zeus takes to the air

Spanning 13ft in diameter, Zeus had to be transported on a hydraulically welded frame to make sure he got to the water safely.
    Following the two hour journey, the Ray, which has a 3dt-wide mouth, was released after spending three years as a popular tourist attraction at the resort.
    Marine biologists will now monitor his movements through a satellite tracking tag.
    Freedom: Zeus is lowered into the ocean, his days as a tourist attraction over

Pictured: Zeus, the 70-stone manta ray takes to the sky (with the help of a helicopter) | the Daily Mail

Sleepy night night land

Awww. It's nice to see that he's been set free They are beautiful and graceful in the ocean.

Yay! So cute!
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Hit By Ban Bus!

how cool, glad he will be free

Wonder what the poor thing was thinking?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

In WhoreLand fucking your MOM

uh.. how did they keep it from drying out, and how did it breathe for those 2 hours?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information