Thread: The moment a baby antelope should have run... as hungry cheetah cubs learn to kill

Default The moment a baby antelope should have run... as hungry cheetah cubs learn to kill

This is the moment two cheetah cubs finally catch and kill an impala fawn as it desperately tried to run for its life.

These amazing photographs, taken in the Masai Mara game reserve in Kenya, show the female cheetah demonstrating to her young the vital skill of how to hunt and kill.
    Scroll down for more...
    No longer able to run after quite a chase, all hope is lost for the fawn who is captured by two young cubs learning to hunt

The cub's mother captures the young fawn and brings it to them so they can learn to do the same

Under their mother's ever watchful eye, the unskilled hunters watch for vulnerable prey in the planes of the reserve.
    Once spotted, the young fawn doesn't stand a chance against the hungry and experienced mother which can chase her to speeds of 70mph.
    Scroll down for more...
    Under their mother's watchful gaze the young cubs learn the art of hunting a young antelope

The impala fawn runs for her life as the inexperienced cubs try to pin her down

The experienced hunter corners and catches the prey and brings it to her offspring so they can learn to do the same.
    After watching her corner and the prey the cubs attempt a clumsy chase and after several minutes finally manage to pin the exhausted fawn and eventually kill it.
    Scroll down for more...
    The mother teaches her young the thrill of the chase

One of the cubs makes a clumsy attempt to pin down the exhausted fawn

Hunting is the most important lesson the cubs can learn from their as these newly honed skills not only ensure they can hunt for food, but also enables them to avoid predators such as eagles.
    Mastering the skill of the hunt will be vital to the cub's survival as they are left to fend for themselves once they reach 18 months of age.
    The cubs corner the fawn, leaving their mother with little else to do but supervise the kill

dailymail

pretty kitty.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

haha sadistic little bitches played around with it first, before finally putting it out of its misery. reminds me of how my cat would play and torture a squirrel or mouse before finally going for the kill.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Poor little fawn

Eli

^^ My sentiments exactly.
    Anyone seen The Yearling remake? Saddest damn thing ever.

Look at the face of the antelope in the first picture. So sweet and innocent. Nature can be cruel sometimes.

Gorgeous animals!

sweet and innocent? LOL

It looks more annoyed than anything.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information