Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adopting a kitty today! I'm excited!

Default Adopting a kitty today! I'm excited!

So yesterday, the girls and I were outside playing and one of the neighbor cats comes over and 'plays' with us. Its a fairly young cat--from across the street, and is super nice. This cat made us laugh soooo hard! She ran up the ladder to the swing set, went down the slide (twice) and was running on top of the monkey bars! It was hilarious!
    Anyway, my point; my 4 yr old asks if we can get a cat someday soon. It's been about 6-7 months since our 17 yr old cat died, and that cat that came over to play..well, it all made me want a cat.
    So, we literally jumped in the car and went to the SPCA and looked for a cat. They have several adult cats and a few very small kittens (that aren't ready to go yet). After speaking to the 'cat person' at the SPCA, we narrowed it down to a 4 yr old tabby cat named 'Sweetie'. Her owner went into a nursing home in March. She is very pretty, seems very sweet (hence the name) but is morbidly obese! She looks like a lion! She's on a diet...and is spade, and has all her medical records, etc. She has been around kids (the grandkids of the owner) and the shelter said she's a doll.

So.....today we are going back. And I think we will probably take her home today. Though I have to admit that I am somewhat hesitant, with a small child in the house.

Anyone have any advice??? I have food (though will need to get the diet food) and litter box/litter, several kitty beds, etc.

Here's a picture of her, though it doesn't do her justice!!

What do you guys think?? I guess I need some encouragement!

OMG... if you change your mind, can I have her???
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

NO!! SHES MINE!!

Seriously, that picture sucks of her, she is so pretty.

I bent down to talk to her, she was in her cage (which kills me) and she stood up and stretched and rubbed up against the bars and started to purr. I'm like 'I'll take her!'

I predict a long and happy life for this Kitty! Your kids will do fine with her! What a wonderful joy for all of you,Lynnie! She is a beauty,for sure. I know her owner would be happy,too. Much happiness ahead! You already know perfectly well-you are doing a great thing for all of you! Just put the litter box up HIGH,so the tiny one can't play in it!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Just don't let the little one be rough with her. That drives me bananas!!

Oh yay, I am really happy for your family. Cats rule!! I love mine so much.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

She is a beauty! You are doing such a wonderful thing by adopting a shelter pet and saving a life. Good luck and keep us updated on how she is doing.

She's really pretty. Looks like she's got some Maine Coon Cat in her. That would explain her rather large, girlish figure

Hit By Ban Bus!

Don't forget to buy a brush. She looks like she will need alot of brushing on that fur of hers.

She's a gorgeous cat, I hope your family enjoys her.

What a pretty girl she is!

I'm so glad she's finding such a wonderful home. It makes me so sad when animals have to go in the shelter, because their owners get too old to care for them. You've saved her life, Lynnie!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Ah! Take her! Take her!

It's so cool to give an animal another chance at happiness...she must miss her elderly owner so much. She'll love being around your kids!

Awww, what a gorgeous longhaired tabby she is! I think it's great you're adopting an adult cat...everyone wants a kitten, and they're fun, but there are so many wonderful older ones looking for good homes.

If she has Maine Coon in her, that's even better. I love those cats and I'm convinced my longhaired male has some MC in him. He has the greatest personality, a real people cat.

Good luck and post more pics, please!

Eli

She's extremely beautiful LynnieD.

she's gorgeous! I'm so happy for you and your family, it's wonderful you're adopting :-)

Beautiful! We want a kitty, too, but Saki is still too much of a puppy. she would chase a poor kitty to exhaustion

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Silver Member

Smile

she looks like my late Lauren

thank you rescuing an older cat

a lot of people will pass up wonderful adults for babies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information