Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7 year old boy breaks into zoo, feeds reptiles to crocodile

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by TonjaLasagna View Post
    If Alice Springs is such a wild west sort of place, why the hell didn't they have employees circulating and/or better security.

That said, Australian authorities should keep an eye on that demon seed because it's a well-known fact that children who kill animals, will graduate to murdering humans.
    This reptile centre is not a state of the art zoological facility; it's a shed. The "staff" is basically the Steve Irwin wannabe who owns it plus a couple of locals who help out. Terry the croc lives in a pool of stagnant water under a tarpaulin shade. I'm not saying the animals aren't well cared for - they are as much as any animal in captivity can be - but this is real outback Australia, not some Disneyfied utopia. Personally I'd return all the animals back to the wild where they belong but perhaps that's just me.

But what happened when this feral kid ran amok has nothing to do with the centre or its owners. It's about the underlying social and cultural problems in a town like Alice which people prefer to keep in the Too Hard basket.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I was absolutely repulsed when I read this article. Talk about a future serial killer.

It hit me particularly hard because there have been two massive raids here in Quebec -- puppy mills. I tried to avoid reading about the conditons that the poor animals had to endure and I tried to shut my ears in the middle of the night when the story came on the news talk station that I have on all night. Enough of the story filtered through, though...more than enough.

I can't stand it. I don't know what I would do if I had a child like that, and as someone else asked, where the feck were that monster's parents? A child with such a propensity to violence and who harbours that much hatred and lack of respect towards other living beings who share our planet should be constantly supervised.

A*O

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but here goes...... if the child comes from the local indigenous community then his mother is most probably broken and battered from an endless cycle of drunken domestic violence at the hands of her husband and/or others and he is either in jail or laying around in a drunken stupour with his mates. The parents will neither know nor care what their feral kids get up to. They don't go to school, they hold the police and social services in contempt and their future is pretty bleak. It's a national disgrace and a tragedy to which nobody has found a solution despite a lot of good intentions and a HUGE amount of money.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^^
    Having seen how the Aboriginies 'live' out there I know where you're coming from, in all aspects.

Agree with you all. My first thought was, "Too bad the croc didn't eat him" and second was, "Another Jeffrey Dahmer". He started out killing animals and evolved to humans.

I would volunteer to go to the park/zoo and throw the little bastard overboard. And then his parent(s).
    "You can't date your fuck buddy."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information