Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The two-and-a-half stone ginger cat who's too big to get his head through a cat-flap

Default The two-and-a-half stone ginger cat who's too big to get his head through a cat-flap

He is the cat that got the cream - and the cake and the biscuits too.

Orazi the ginger tom weighs in at a whopping 35.2lb (16kg), the same as a two-year-old child.
    At 28lb heavier than the average moggie, he would struggle to get his front paws through a standard cat flap, let alone his broad fluffy rump. Scroll down for more ...
    Heavyweight: Orazi's girth is almost as wide as Laura Santarelli's, his owner

It is not clear whether Orazi has a medical problem, or is being overfed with the wrong sorts of foods.
    He is pictured here with with his owner, Laura Santarelli, with whom he lives in Eupilio, Italy. Scroll down for more ...
    Contented cat: Vets aren't sure if Orazi's obesity is caused by overfeeding or a medical condition

Held up in her arms, the green-eyed colossus reaches from her shoulder to her thighs - and his bulging belly dwarfs hers. Despite all this, however, Orazi is not a record breaker.
    In 2004, Sam, a British cat, tipped the scales at 36lb (16.3kg). He had been fed crisps, cakes and sweets by his elderly owner, and had no exercise.
    Guinness World Records has stopped listing fat pets because of concerns that some owners were force-feeding them.
    But the fattest cat on record came from Minnesota in the United States and weighed 41lb (18.5kg) - which makes Orazi look a mere kitten.

The two-and-a-half stone ginger moggie who's too big to get his head through a cat-flap | the Daily Mail

Awwww, poor guy. I hope he doesn't get diabetes. And why is his owner so happy that she has a fatty that is going to most likely die from a horrible disease?
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

poor kitty.

and to find out if the cat is being over fed, is to keep the cat at the shelter, and feed it a normal diet.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Come on now, this cat's being fed. It's always amusing to me when people overanalyze these things, is it diet or is it some mystical space age disease that causes living things to gain weight. Come on now, this is not quantum physics, a cat or human or whatever gets big because it eats too much, and too much often of the wrong foods. Isn't it a scientific impossibility to create mass out of nothing?

She needs to stop feeding this poor kitty fast food.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

thats animal abuse though on a serious note

he is a beautiful cat, but he needs a diet!

fat cats are so funny and cute.
    but yeah, he needs to be put on a diet.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Poor kittycat. It's obviously well loved, but way too much. Sometimes you can be cruel with your kindness.

That is one fat kitty.

my sister has a big, fat cat and she's put him on diets and is strict with his food, but he won't lose weight! he comes over here and plays with my cat for exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    my sister has a big, fat cat and she's put him on diets and is strict with his food, but he won't lose weight! he comes over here and plays with my cat for exercise!

Hmmm, do you think you kitty is slipping him some yum-yums on the sly and that is why he can't lose weight?
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

my best friend's cat was obese. it was impossible to get him to lose weight, even if they put him on a diet. he'd go around the whole village meowing at people and acting like he was starving, and people would feed him. he was fat and grumpy and adorable.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Beautiful big cat.

If all else fails - there's always gastric bypss surgery.

Hit By Ban Bus!

My fat cat is almost that big. He weighs 25lbs on a skinny day. He doesn't eat much at all, and he hates people food. He is THE laziest cat I have ever seen though (more than regular cat lazy). He won't even jump up on our bed, he takes the steps (or bed came with a little 2-step thingy). He's like a real life Garfield.

He looks like the mad version of Garfield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information