Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freddie is being desexed on Friday

Default Freddie is being desexed on Friday

"You're gonna do what???"

Fred is being castrated on Friday, and it's his first birthday on Thursday, so abit of a mixed week for him! I am making him a cake at the weekend, especially for dogs. I am abit nervous about it but it should be straightforward enough.

Awww, he should be fine. It's not as hard on male dogs as with females. You'll just have a vacuum for a couple of days, then the cone comes off and by then he will have forgotten all about it.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

My furbaby had it done when he was around 10 months old and he did fine. The day of the surgery, I was a mess - he was okay. The vet asked me if I wanted to pay a little extra for pain meds, which I did because I didn't want him in any pain. I kept him dosed up for a few days and he didn't have any problems at all.

I'm so glad I did it, because he was getting too rambunctious. I probably wouldn't be able to live in the house with him now, if I hadn't had it done.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

What a cutie! Remember-he doesn't know what the heck sex is,anyway!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I got Murphy's done as early as possible. I think he was 5 months old. He is one now, and he doesn't try to have sex with everything. I waited to long for my male Siamese cat and he still molests everything that is fluffy. I call him my, "Fluffy Molester".
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

^hee hee hee, ew.

Congrats on being a responsible pet owner Honey! Personally, I think spaying/nuetering ought to be enforced unless you are a qualified breeder, too many rednecks let their animals breed with no means of supporting the babies....wait, why does this sound familiar?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Oh God, I've got all this to come with Barney. Our vet prefers to wait till they're 9-12 months. Personally I'd be happy to get him done now since he's such a teddy humper! I know I'll be a wreck when the day comes though.

Good luck for Friday. You know it'll probably be worse for you spending the day worrying, than it will for him ! He'll be home enjoying that cake before you know it.

Freddie is a very handsome boy! He will be fine, it will be all over soon! Give him a hug for me. he's adorable!

I need to get my cat spayed. She doesn't have any contact with other cats so she isn't getting preggers any time soon but dammit she is friggin annoying when she goes into heat!
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

A*O

Desexing ALL pet cats and dogs should be compulsory IMO. It's a much simpler process for males and they certainly 'calm down' a lot afterwards. Also, they don't have any kind of emotional/macho attachment to their gonads and won't miss them I promise. I only wish a few more human males felt the same way.......
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I had my baby done at 6months and he was just fine. We send Freddie sweet thoughts and kisses, plus happy birthday wishes!!

He is a handsome boy, he should do just fine!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    I got Murphy's done as early as possible. I think he was 5 months old. He is one now, and he doesn't try to have sex with everything. I waited to long for my male Siamese cat and he still molests everything that is fluffy. I call him my, "Fluffy Molester".
    That's how my cat Moose is!! He's a mess. He mounts all of my other cats and bites the back of their necks!!! What a hoot.

Honey, don't worry too much. Freddie is young and healthy and will be just fine Give him the pain meds if they are offered. It will keep him calm and let him heal.

Honey, how's Freddie???

He's coming home soon, I am very relieved, thanks

Usually it's easier for males, but my poor cat had one testicle that hadn't descended. They had to go into his tummy to get it. But even though he was supposed to take it easy for a few days, he was escaping into the front yard and climbing trees the next day.

Hope your dog has a swift recovery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information