Thread: Update on new kitty!

Default Update on new kitty!

So we have had our cat Lucy for 2 weeks now. She is opening up more and more to us! She is the coolest cat! She is developing her routine around us in th emorning and I think it is so sweet! She sleeps on my side of the bed and when we get up to get ready for work, she comes in the bathroom with us (we only have one, so we are both in at same time) and just sits on the little bench watching us. At first she wouldn't play which led me to believe she was an older cat? but yeaterday she was playing with a string...when we first got her she would eat your ass up if you touched her belly-now she will let me rub it for a minute, but when she is ready for me to stop, she will nudge me with her head or foot...she actually went to hubby last night. She always let him pet her, but would not get on the couch with him.
    She is a super cool cat! Just the kind of pet I want...not under my feet all the time-she comes to me when she wants love...
    Have to admit though, cleaning out that litter box is getting pretty old ...LOL
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Default Re: Update on new kitty!

Awwww, that's great! It sounds like she's settling in well.

Post pics!

Kitty got a home and you got a buddy! How nice is that.
    Keep passing the open windows.

I love cats, they're so intelligent. There's nothing better than curling up in front of the TV with a cat purring on your lap. I just wish my boyfriend liked them too.

Glad she's settling in so well.

Awww, I'm so jealous sweetrebel, she sounds adorable Please her for me
    Nope.

Some people would find it annoying, but my morning and evening routines would feel so weird if I didn't have my cat with me.

Keep us updated on little Lucy!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    I'm so glad you're happy with her and she is with you!!! I love a good story like this!!!
    Yeah it 's a cool ending considering hubby didn't want a cat!! Now he is really attached to her, too!

Well, more news on my cool kitty! She started playing last night...I was sitting in the floor watching tv and rubbing her and moved my phone charger and she kinda reached for the cord-I was so excited! Hubby got the charged and dangled it in front of her and she played for a few minutes. We were both really excited about it! We think maybe someone was mean to her or mistreated her, just cause of the way she acts sometimes...she is still real jumpy about noises. I know we have only had her a few weeks, but she really reacts to sudden sounds....advice?

what kind of sounds? and how does she react? with my kitty if someone drops something or something bangs she reacts like a human would and kind of jumps like WTF was that?! cats are very aware of their surroundings, very alert, so they hear everything it seems like. if my cat is sleeping and you move a teeny tiny bit she wakes up. she also knows what "do you want a treat?" means which is hilarious b/c she goes nuts.

I wouldn't go out of my way to be quite around her, she needs to get used to normal noises in the house and lean that those noises won't hurt her. As for sudden loud noises, they make me jump. She will probably always do that. I have one that is pretty fearless, but thunder concerns him. He looks up at the ceiling with a concerned look on his face. Fireworks also produce the same result.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow53
    I wouldn't go out of my way to be quite around her, she needs to get used to normal noises in the house and lean that those noises won't hurt her. As for sudden loud noises, they make me jump. She will probably always do that. I have one that is pretty fearless, but thunder concerns him. He looks up at the ceiling with a concerned look on his face. Fireworks also produce the same result.
    For the first week we had her, she would run under the couch when hubby came up in his truck. She is a little better now, though. Putting the ironing board up or down freaks her out...cabinets closing...things like that are still bothering her. I told her the other day she was just gonna have to get used to the household shit!
    My budget is stretched to the absolute limit due to Christmas, but after the first of the year I have an appointment for her shots and hopefully the vet can give me some idea of her age...

Quote Originally Posted by calendargurl
    what kind of sounds? and how does she react? with my kitty if someone drops something or something bangs she reacts like a human would and kind of jumps like WTF was that?! cats are very aware of their surroundings, very alert, so they hear everything it seems like. if my cat is sleeping and you move a teeny tiny bit she wakes up. she also knows what "do you want a treat?" means which is hilarious b/c she goes nuts.
    I haven't given her anything but her food. We are feeding her meow mix. Was going to get her some fancy feast or something like that for now and then treats, but a friend said it may upset her stomach and make her poop smell real bad? I don't know about all that...so any help?

Thread Information