Thread: Dog of the day: Miniature Schnauzer

Default Dog of the day: Miniature Schnauzer

Those seeking an excellent family dog or a smart and stylish show dog need to look no further than the Miniature Schnauzer.

As a family dog the breed is par excellence and has much to offer being a handy and easy to manage size as well as having a splendid character and temperament which adapts easily to its owners lifestyle.

Although a Miniature the breed is in no way toyish or delicate. The sturdy frame and solid body along with a balanced outlook, ensures he enjoys life to the full and is game for anything.

His unique pepper and salt colouring along with the solid black or eyecatching black and silver pattern makes him stand out, and his non-shed coat makes him acceptable anywhere.

As a show dog the breed is smart and attractive with that little bit extra in character that shows and commands attention, while the care and attention needed with his coat and presentation gives a personal challenge and the satisfaction of a job well done.

In the Miniature Schnauzer you will have a loyal and loving dog that will be a friend for life.

Welcome to the Miniature Schnauzer Club

My family had a miniature schnauzer for the first 11 years of my life. She was beautiful and very sweet until she got distemper. She survived but her personality took a nasty turn that was permanent. Still, thinking about her now, I kind of miss her.

i just love the face on those dogs!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

My family had one while I was growing up, but he had a severe skin problem that made him scratch constantly and made him miserable. The vet couldn't seem to help it no matter what we tried and it made him nervous and irritable and he was almost impossible to live with. He lived probably 10 years, but they weren't quality years for him. His heart finally started giving out on him and we had him put down. Bless his heart, he didn't have the best life, but we tried to help him and make it good. I don't know - maybe we should've put him to sleep sooner. It's hard to know.

RIP, Nip.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I see a guy walking one of these on my way to work everyday..he has a long bushy 'stache.. and I always think he and his dog look alike.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

My friend C had one, we used to drop frozen peas on the ground aan watch it go bonkers trying to find them all.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

A*O

My boys......

I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^I'm not usually one for small dogs, but they are pretty darn cute, A*O.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    My boys......

How darling!! They look to be a bit of a handful,though!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

They are well trained by the Top Bitch in the house........ That article pretty much sums up the breed and yes I am biased but the only downside is that they need clipping every 6-8 weeks and they can be a bit 'yappy' if anyone comes to the door. They aren't aggressive but they do make a hell of a racket which is kinda OK as it lets people know there are dogs in the house. Otherwise they are terrific dogs (NO shedding! yay!!!) so if anyone is considering a smallish dog I can highly recommend.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Aww cute

Very cute, A*O. They are smart little devils, from what I hear. This is my mothers favorite dog. She currently has a Silky Terrier, but she wants a mini Schnauzer.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    They are well trained by the Top Bitch in the house........ That article pretty much sums up the breed and yes I am biased but the only downside is that they need clipping every 6-8 weeks and they can be a bit 'yappy' if anyone comes to the door. They aren't aggressive but they do make a hell of a racket which is kinda OK as it lets people know there are dogs in the house. Otherwise they are terrific dogs (NO shedding! yay!!!) so if anyone is considering a smallish dog I can highly recommend.
    Other than the schnauzer, I grew up with large dogs and never thought I'd get into small dogs. Well 2 Jack Russells and a French Bulldog later and I have to say I will never go back to a big dog. Smaller dogs are easier to take care of, less expensive overall and I've gotten my Jacks out of scrapes because I've been able to pick them up and whisk them away from danger. They also don't hog the bed!

Thread Information