Thread: Want to stop your muddy dog ruining your carpet? Put him through the paw wash

Default Want to stop your muddy dog ruining your carpet? Put him through the paw wash

For most houseproud dog-lovers, keeping muddy paw-prints off precious carpets and upholstery is a near-impossible task.

Pets leave an indelible mark wherever they go about the house – in spite of your best attempts to wash them following a walk.
    But now a new invention that works like a miniature car wash for paws promises to keep petlovers' homes immaculate. Scroll down for more...
    Pristine pads: Inventor Brianne Leary uses the Paw Plunger on her pet terrier LuLu

Read more...

The Paw Plunger claims it can transform man's best friend's paws from filthy-dirty to pristine in an instant, with little effort on the part of owners.
    The gadget – motto: "Cleanliness is next to dogliness" – looks like an ordinary plastic cup which can be filled with warm water.
    But inside the device, a series of specially designed soft, gentle brushes remove surface and ingrained dirt without causing the dog any discomfort.
    Rather than struggling with buckets of water or hosepipes, pet-owners can simply dip their dog's paws in turn into the Paw Plunger and dry them off with a towel.
    Then the dirty water can be tipped away.
    According to its makers, the gadget will put an end to soaking the entire house as owners struggle to wash their dog.
    The Plunger's American inventor, actress and television presenter Brianne Leary, was inspired to come up with her device after finding it impossible to keep her New York apartment clean when her wheaten terrier LuLu came bounding in from walks in Central Park.
    Brianne, the cousin of controversial Sixties psychologist and writer Timothy Leary, was previously the host of an animal programme called Petsburgh USA. She is now the entertainment reporter for Fox 5 Morning News in New York City.
    Leary is no doubt hoping her gadget will give pet-owners around the world paws for thought. It is available now in Britain for £29.99, plus postage and packing, from Paw Plunger. A Dog Grooming Revolution (Paw Plunger UK).

Want to stop your muddy dog ruining your carpet? Put him through the paw wash | the Daily Mail

I just use a towel

My dog wipes her feet on the doormat, that says "Wipe Your Paws"...I shit you not!! I have to post the video one day.

Great Stuff, I will buy this for all my friends, landlord and family!
    Thank you for this
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

God, my husky needs this.

We used to wipe down our dogs paws with a damp dish towel (that we only used for this purpose). I can't help but comment that it was probably a lot easier than dipping their feet then using a towel.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

^^yeah, no kidding. it seems like a wet rag would be able to do the job of that product.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

That thing looks like one of those big ass double super gulp things you get from your local Texaco station.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Reviving this topic - has anyone tried this gadget?

I now live in my first actual house (yippee!) with a backyard, and now that the snow is clearing up, there is mud everywhere. My dog uses a doggie door, and goes in and out of it, tracking in tons of mud. And she HATES to have her paws wiped off - I practically have to tackle her to get her clean.

Do any of you wise souls have any good advice / tricks for catching the muddy paws and cleaning them off easily?

I saw this, but I don't know that its much of an improvement: Dog Bathing Equipment: 3-in-1 Paw Monsterâ„¢ Grooming Mitt at Drs. Foster & Smith

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    My dog wipes her feet on the doormat, that says "Wipe Your Paws"...I shit you not!! I have to post the video one day.
    How did you train your dog to do that?? My dog is incredibly smart, I bet I could get her to do that.

waiting for the Madam to return with the whip

^^^ If you want to be able to wipe your dog's paws you should be handling her feet a lot more. Ideally you should handle your dog's feet as much as possible starting from puppyhood.

But their is no reason you can't start now. Just as you are petting your dog make sure you pet her feet, even if she pulls away. Do the same things to the ears.

Once she is ok with you touching her anywhere it will make nail trimmings and bathing a lot easier.

I don't know how to teach a dog to wipe her feet. Mine just knows she has to stand still on the towel while I pick up each of her feet to clean them.

I just shut my girl in the hall for 10 minutes until she dries off. It's also where her food dish is so there are no complaints.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Reviving this topic - has anyone tried this gadget?

I now live in my first actual house (yippee!) with a backyard, and now that the snow is clearing up, there is mud everywhere. My dog uses a doggie door, and goes in and out of it, tracking in tons of mud. And she HATES to have her paws wiped off - I practically have to tackle her to get her clean.

Do any of you wise souls have any good advice / tricks for catching the muddy paws and cleaning them off easily?

I saw this, but I don't know that its much of an improvement: Dog Bathing Equipment: 3-in-1 Paw Monsterâ„¢ Grooming Mitt at Drs. Foster & Smith

How did you train your dog to do that?? My dog is incredibly smart, I bet I could get her to do that.

It was actually a fluke. We went for a walk and it was raining. I made her wait outside (under the eaves) until I could get a towel. My boyfriend and I were kidding around with her, telling her to wipe her feet. We were doing it in the annoying doggie voice. Ya know..."hurry up, girl...wipe your feeties...hurry, let's go". She started kicking and scratching her feet the way dogs do after they go to the bathroom outside. Every time she went out, we would say that to her before she came in. Eventually, she just started doing it. She does it all the time now. Even at the dog without a mat

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    It was actually a fluke. We went for a walk and it was raining. I made her wait outside (under the eaves) until I could get a towel. My boyfriend and I were kidding around with her, telling her to wipe her feet. We were doing it in the annoying doggie voice. Ya know..."hurry up, girl...wipe your feeties...hurry, let's go". She started kicking and scratching her feet the way dogs do after they go to the bathroom outside. Every time she went out, we would say that to her before she came in. Eventually, she just started doing it. She does it all the time now. Even at the dog without a mat
    Ah, that is adorable. My dog is great at giving me her paw on command, so I wonder if I could somehow work that into a 'wipe your feet' command.

I just wipe Petunia's paws with a baby wipe or a washcloth.

Petunia Pearl

Thread Information