Thread: Dog of the Day: Bichon Frise

Default Dog of the Day: Bichon Frise

The Bichon Frise is a charming puffball of a dog with a loosely curled double coat consisting of a textured outer coat lined with a soft, fine, silky undercoat that is 3 to 4 inches (7-10cm.) long and is virtually hypo-allergenic. It is usually all white, but cream, gray or apricot hairs are permitted. It can be shown clipped like a poodle or long-haired with clippings only at the feet and muzzle. This breed should be trimmed for a rounded appearance. It has a moderate muzzle that is not pointed. Its stop is only slightly accentuated. It has a scissors bite with round dark intelligent eyes and hanging ears that are well covered with hair. The neck is long and the chest is well developed. Its tail is curved over its back.
    The Bichon is a most appealing little white dog that loves human company. It has an independent spirit, is intelligent, affectionate, bold and lively. This charming, gentle dog is not a yapper. It has a self-assured, happy temperament that is easy to live with. These bright little dogs are easy to train and just plain old love everyone. They need people to be happy. They are naturally sociable and are happiest when they are part of a family that takes them everywhere. This sociable trait also means that they are fine in the company of other dogs & pets and are excellent with children. Used as watchdogs and to perform tricks, this breed is competitive and obedient. Like a lot of smaller breeds, the Bichon may be difficult to housebreak. The Bichon Frise was one of the "Yuppie Puppies" very popular in the 1980's. As a result many were carelessly over-bred and some Bichon lines can be snippy. When seeking a Bichon be sure to find a reputable breeder to get the best personality traits this breed has to offer.

Bichon Frise Information and Pictures, Bichon Frises, Bichons

They are so sweet, a friend of mine has one named Joey..and she is so smart!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

They are very smart, very athletic and very loving, almost bordering on obsessive. However, they definitely have a mind of their own. Mine is 2 yrs old and STILL not housebroken. I have tried everything known and nothing works. She will do her business outside but will come back in and go inside as well.

I have a fantastic vet who recommended I keep her restricted to one part of the house until she was completely trained. I used to block off the powder room/hallway/utility room with a gate when I was at work during the day. She was fine, no problem. But if I tried to restrict her to that area when home while potty-training, she would howl non-stop. I mean for hours if I let it go that long. I gave up~

I've fallen and I can't get up!

Our neighbour who lives behind our building had a Bichon Frise, or rather, his daughter did. I love dogs and this dog was very cute but all she did was bark all day. I figure she barked that way because she was left alone in the yard and needed company; still, the constant yapping was annoying.

When the neighbour's daughter moved out, she thankfully took Barky Balboa with her.

Sleepy night night land

Cute dogs. I don't know many, personally. But they are cute.

Thread Information