Thread: When good dogs go.... ONTO THE ROAD!!

Eli

Default When good dogs go.... ONTO THE ROAD!!

I was at the park with my mum looking up at a dog leash we'd accidentally left up in a tree 3 years ago (it's still there!!) and I looked down to see Lachey on the highway across from us.
    Oh my God. First off he's alright coz I belted out the loudest yell ever, it actually sounded remarkably like I was singing (and I sounded better than Whitney Houston, lol), and he came back, but man. My heart.
    How insanely terrifying is it when your dog goes onto the road!! It basically stops time.

And how about removing the dog leash from the tree, after three years, while staring, uh? As for the rest, I know it's just sooooo bad but in public parks and public places in general you should never unhook the dog leash 'cause it may be dangerous... where I live people get sanctions if they do so ouside the dog areas, which is just so right in my opinion as a dog owner.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Eli

There's simply not enough people in the park for that to be a problem. This is the first time our dog has ever gone onto the ROAD... so it's quite shocking but I think my yelling gave him a good old hint.
    The leash has been up that tree for 3 years. Too high to reach hun. And of course, we have another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    There's simply not enough people in the park for that to be a problem. This is the first time our dog has ever gone onto the ROAD... so it's quite shocking but I think my yelling gave him a good old hint.
    The leash has been up that tree for 3 years. Too high to reach hun. And of course, we have another one.
    You know what... when I adopted my dog at the kennel (she was totally stray and totally wild) they told me you can teach your dog to realize the danger of the road itself, cars/buses/trains&company... they gave me a kind of depliant with rules to follow. Honestly it worked and it was just great. My father made the training (I was too scared to risk) and now she (my dog) is able to recognize the noise of the traffic and just stops/comes back, without me to supervise her all the time, and she knows where to cross the street (otherwise she'll wait for me)... if you're scared that your dog may go onto the road again, go ask your Vet or maybe a kennel is just fine... they have so many stray dogs to deal with I am sure they'll give you a precoius suggestion.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I was at the park with my mum looking up at a dog leash we'd accidentally left up in a tree 3 years ago (it's still there!!) and I looked down to see Lachey on the highway across from us.
    Oh my God. First off he's alright coz I belted out the loudest yell ever, it actually sounded remarkably like I was singing (and I sounded better than Whitney Houston, lol), and he came back, but man. My heart.
    How insanely terrifying is it when your dog goes onto the road!! It basically stops time.
    That is scary! I was watching my Parent's dog once and he escaped. (He's always been a flight risk). Well it was 11pm and I decided to drive around to see if I could find him. I was on my way back home when I saw him dodge across the street right in front of a car. Luckily the car slammed on their breaks and he was fine! I had heartburn for a week!

I always think MY dogs wouldn't do that and I'm sure you felt that way too! Makes me shudder just thinking about it!

Glad your little guy is ok!

Eli

^^ Heartburn, perfect word for it. I really wonder if frights like that can literally damage the heart somehow. Glad your parents dog is okay too!

A*O

Oh. My. GOD.
    Could you BE any more OVER-DRAMATIC??

I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I always remember my ex-housemate phoning me at work and saying 'please don't kill me but I left the front door open to run inside and grab something and now Taz (my dog!) has vanished'

My heart sank almost to my toes, especially as our house was right next to a busy road and being blind, Taz was more than likely to just wander out in front of a lorry or something.

I just left work and ran home, only to be met by Taz wandering down the street towards me. Lucky for my housemate really, because I would have killed her if anything had happened to him!

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Oh. My. GOD.
    Could you BE any more OVER-DRAMATIC??

I'm glad you like that (assuming you're not mocking me! and it's okay if you are), because I came up with that sig on my own. Proud.
    But it is annoying. Sorry 'bout that.

My friend reckons that her dog actually jumped out of the car window when they first got him from the pound. And her Dad said 'Fuck him, if he wants to run back to the pound, let him' and he drove off, and the dog started running like mad trying to catch up to the car. So they stopped, and he jumped back in, and apparently has never tried to jump fences or out the car window ever again! Unlike humans, dogs learn the first time!

If you try to call them and ran after them, they'd think it was a game, and you'd be there forever trying to get him to come back. So it was better for her Dad to drive away, because it scared the dog enough to stop playing.

my stupid dog ran out of the house and across the street to say hi to some lesbians... a car was coming down the road, and i knew the stupid animal would get hit, so i screamed at him to sit and stay. Idiot dog didn't listen, ran back across the street and got a facefull of car grill for his troubles.

He got smacked pretty good, had a cut lip and bruising.. took him to the vet, was alright but was stiff and sore for a few days. Since then he's been terrified of cars.

Dumb dog
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

OCD

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    my stupid dog ran out of the house and across the street to say hi to some lesbians...

Since then he's been terrified of cars.

Dumb dog
    What about lesbians? How is he doing with lesbians?

Curiously, no association with cars. Maybe he needs to get hit by a pickup truck.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information