Thread: Brandy the world's smallest dog stands only as tall as a Coke can

Default Brandy the world's smallest dog stands only as tall as a Coke can

With legs the size of lollipops and standing no bigger than the average Coke can this tiny canine is the smallest dog in the world.

The dog, named Heaven Sent Brandy, a four-year-old female Chihuahua measuring 15.2 cm (6 inches) from tail to nose, was awarded the title of "the smallest dog in terms of length" by the Guinness Book of Records in January 2005.
    And such is Brandy's size that in the three years since he was awarded the title she hasn't grown - in fact she is so small that she can't even bark.
    A feast: Brandy tucks into a bone she is unlikely to ever finish

Read more...

Her owner, Paulette Keller from Largo, Florida, USA picked up Brandy when she was just 9 months old.
    "I got Brandy when she was 9 months old. She hasn't grown at all, she weighs only 2 lb," says the 53-year-old housewife.
    "When I got Brandy I had just lost my previous Chiuahahua who was 14 years old.
    As big as a Coke: Brandy stands barely taller than a regular drink can

"I spoke to a breeder who I had met at a dog show the year before and she told me about Brandy.
    "She said that she was so tiny that she wouldn't be bred but when I saw her I just fell in love with her."
    Brandy's fragile frame and tiny lungs has meant that she has never barked.
    "With a dog like this you have to be very careful. She can't jump onto or off anything because her legs are so tiny," says Paulette.
    "In fact she has never even barked.
    "Walking her is okay but when there are kids around all they want to do is pick her up and she can get frightened.
    "I have even managed to take her on domestic flights without being noticed. I have a small bag that she can slip into and because she doesn't make a sound no-one notices her.
    Out for a walk: Brandy is barely bigger than her owner's training shoe

"I have taken her to Seattle, Chicago, New York, Nevada - when we are on the plane I just take her out and place underneath my seat. No-one has any idea she is there."
    Brandy lives with Paulette, her husband Bryan, 62, daughter Jessica, 23 and son John, 25.
    As well as being given free reign of the house, Brandy also shares the home with 1 year old boxer, Tyson.
    "She has free reign of the house. She has a kennel and a bed that she shares with Tyson, a boxer, and they get on great," says Paulette.
    "She is so small she can fit through the small gaps in a wired fence but she knows to stay where she is.
    "She is really lively and she will run around the house. Sometimes I can't find her and I get very scared but she will often just turn up hiding under the couch."
    Due to her size Brandy has a strict die of dry dog food - the smallest Paulette can get - and mashed up scrambled egg because she can't fit whole pieces in her mouth.
    As well as feeding Brandy, washing her can also prove to be a delicate operation.
    "I have to wash her in the sink and I have to be very careful not to be too rough with her and her ears," says Paulette.
    "Brandy is very healthy, she came from a breeder who breeds show quality animals .
    "But Brandy was a fluke. She came from a litter of five and when she was born she was just miniature.
    "When she was only one she had a rabies shot and she nearly died because of the reaction she had to it."
    Despite the media attention that has seen her and Brandy appear on the Oprah Winfrey show, Paulette insists she had no idea Brandy would become so famous.
    "When I first laid eyes on her I thought 'wow' - I had never seen a dog so small," she says.
    "Nine months later the breeder phoned me and said I should look at the Guinness Book of Records because she thought Brandy was smaller than the world's smallest dog.
    "I got the application form and filled it out and then a few months later I got a call from the Guinness Book of Record people who confirmed she was the smallest.
    "Everything changed after that and Brandy and I went on Good Morning America, Oprah the Jay Leno show. "It was amazing but I would have never had picked Brandy to get famous - it was because she was so adorable."

Brandy the world's smallest dog stands only as tall as a Coke can | the Daily Mail

Those dogs are so ugly to me. I never understood the craze around them. At least get a cute, fluffy dog.

Why is it that only dogs and women are named after booze?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Sorry, but to breed dogs like that is animal abuse.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I hope an owl gets it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I had a chihuahua who was 6 pounds that looked just like the one in the story...they are normally small dogs. I am surprised that the Boxer haven't used it as a chew toy...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

give it time, Paris or Brit will be holding it
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    give it time, Paris or Brit will be holding it

Been there done that...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

smf

i think shes cute ,but am also surprised the other dog hasnt had

her for lunch yet

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

She is soooo cute! I don't think she was bred that way on purpose. A lot of big dogs, especially the gentle ones, like little dogs in their households and can be very protective of them. It also isn't unusual to see a Yorkie be the 'boss' of a Great Dane.

She's a cutie, but I'd never get a dog like that. I'd be terrified of stepping on it by accident.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

^ My thought exactly. And I wouldn't walk her either for the same reason. Some jogger could just squash her flat and not even notice anything.

That dog is adorable. But your right somebody could squash it easily out walking or whatnot.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    "I have even managed to take her on domestic flights without being noticed. I have a small bag that she can slip into and because she doesn't make a sound no-one notices her.

"I have taken her to Seattle, Chicago, New York, Nevada - when we are on the plane I just take her out and place underneath my seat. No-one has any idea she is there."
    She puts her dog through the x-ray machine?

Hello...TSA Agents??

I'd be a paranoid freak to have one that little.
    When my dog was a puppy I put a cat collar w/ a bell on him to know where he was all the time so I wouldn't step on him.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Thread Information