Thread: Do you speak Cat?

Default Do you speak Cat?

Just like pups talking with their tails, kitties also use nonverbal signals to communicate with us and each other. In fact, one common cue happens in the blink of an eye! According to researchers at Indiana University, you can understand (and answer) your cats by using little eye movements. To learn how, read more.
    Next time your kitty enters the room, watch to see if she stops and blinks with both eyes one or more times before approaching. The blinking shows that she recognizes the presence of another (cat or human), and that she is saying a friendly hello. This signifies that she is not threatened or threatening, and not going to fight for territory. Try imitating your pet's winks right back at her to tell her the same thing when she walks in or while you are petting her. See if you can get her to blink back!

Do You Speak Cat? | behavior, cats, communication | PetSugar - Furry Friends.

hee hee....i read about this somewhere before, and they called the blinking "kitty kisses". so now if one of our cats blinks at us, we considered ourselves kissed.

My kitty always did this with me. She would curl up next to me and purr and look at me so serenely and keep blinking really slow. I would blink back at her and she would purr louder and roll onto her back for me to pet her tummy. So cute.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^So cute. My kitty loves to get all tangled up and kneed in my hair. She really likes it when I wear my hair curly. haha

Haha, when my kitty was really little for whatever reason, he would kneed on my chest when he needed to go to the restroom. When he was super tiny I put him on a little pillow next to me while we slept. He couldn't jump off the bed yet because he was too small so when he needed to potty he would climb onto my chest and kneed and cry a little. So I would pick him up and take him into the room so he could potty and then bring him back into bed with me. Those were the days. Seriously, a little kitten is so precious, when they fit into the palm of your hand! I remember waking up to this tiny little pressure on my chest and this little cry and this tiny little kitten looking at me for help. Too cute!

Aww, bless his heart. How sweet.
    Mine gets on my chest and kisses me. She does it to my husband too. She takes her nose and puts it right under our lips like she's really kissing us. It's so sweet. They husband hates it, he makes her wait for months at the time to do it to him.

Haha, when me and my husband first got married, my kitty totally froze him out. It took him months to finally accept him. He didn't know why he had to share the bed all the time and he was so angry that my husband always had first dibs. I remember one night my husband waking me up from a light sleep to tell me that our cat was totally freaking him out. Seems like he had curled up next to me, in a position where he was totally staring at my husband non-stop, in what my husband described as a "death stare". My husband was laughing because he was trying to sleep and every time he would open his eyes, there was these two little pinholes of green staring at him nonstop. Kitty was pissed. I told my husband I think it was a good idea he couldn't pick up cleavers with his little kitty paws. One day me and my husband were showering together, and my cat was going crazy trying to open the door, putting his paws underneath the door. When we finally came out, my cat started circling my husband and talking to him nonstop "meow, meow, meow, meow" My husband was like, what the hell? I told him thats how my cat tells him that he doesn't like us to be alone together without him

So, what does it mean when they roll their eyes? My friend's Siamese does it frequently, sends us into hysterics.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Gold Member

Siamese kitties are ORNERY kitties!

So what if the kitty doesn't blink? Just goes into a vacant stare. I have a nice little video of my cat being pissed off for hours yesterday. No one could come near the little bugger, by near I mean within 10 feet or so, without him SCREAMING at you.

I'll have to get that online somehow since it's on my phone.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

I love all these cat stories. They make me laugh.

Thread Information