Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad picture of cats that are caged along with chickens

Angry Sad picture of cats that are caged along with chickens

I wonder if this is true or not:

Cats (top) are caged along with chickens at Qingping market in Guangzhou November 16, 2007. Scorpions scamper in bowls, water snakes coil in tanks and cats whine in cramped cages, waiting to be slaughtered, skinned and served for dinner. Welcome to the Qingping market, where everything from turtles to insects are sold alongside fowl and freshly caught fish.(Joseph Chaney/Reuters)

This just made me sick in my stomach. Those poor animals.

Silver Member SophieOrangeBerry's Avatar

I just want to reach into the picture and take them away. The chickens too! poor sods.
    Darling... Stop confusing me with your wishful thinking....
    Bang goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van...
    Too soon to be out of me bed

I love animals and reading this really upsets me. I wish I could save those animals too.

It's horrible, yes, but how is it any different from the conditions factory chickens live under? Just because cats are an animal we keep as pet doesn't make their suffering somehow more tragic than a chicken's (or a cow's, or a lamb's).

Mind you, I'm not a vegetarian, and know that there are animals I refuse to eat point blank even out of the ones 'acceptable' in western society (rabbit, game, horse), but I think this picture makes a good case for at least switching to free range/cruelty free meat.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

^ Thank you, voice of sanity. How about we help the animals in our own crappy conditions, before becoming saddened/outraged by the way other countries treat theirs?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

^^Exactly! Great post Aella.

Animals here get treated horribly. Ever got caught driving and got stuck behind a truck carting chickens? They're stuffed and jam-packed into cages and the stench is pretty overwhelming. I doubt that truck mentioned in the OP is any worse.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I can't bear seeing animals suffering be if a cow or pig or a cat or dog.

So awful I hate this shitty world

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    ^^Exactly! Great post Aella.

Animals here get treated horribly. Ever got caught driving and got stuck behind a truck carting chickens? They're stuffed and jam-packed into cages and the stench is pretty overwhelming. I doubt that truck mentioned in the OP is any worse.
    Great point.

I heard the most awful screaming sound out the back of my house today. When I looked out it was coming from a livestock lorry on the main road carrying pigs. I have no idea what was making them scream so much (it really sounded like they were in pain or maybe just plain terrified), but the sound was really distressing. Poor things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    ^ Thank you, voice of sanity. How about we help the animals in our own crappy conditions, before becoming saddened/outraged by the way other countries treat theirs?

Actually I care about how all animals are treated. The fact that the picture was taken in another country besides the U.S. is irrelevant to me, unlike some my intent is not to bash or stereotype another country. The shock factor of seeing caged cats, an animal of which I am particularly fond of, and reading that it will be cooked for dinner, is what shocked me. And if we Americans eat stuff that other countries find offensive or shocking, I'm all ears, but the stuff we generally eat like chicken and meat, is acceptable almost all over the world.

I don't give a rats ass what country they are in or what other animals they are eating. The pictures of the cats breaks my heart.

I never understood why a cat has a right to live and a chicken (pig, cow, fish, etc.) doesn't.

Take a long good look at it, people, because that is what you do to animals.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Nothing was more shocking as the Peta video of the fur trade in China.. skinning animals.. ALIVE! It was the worst thing I've ever seen.. these poor animals including dogs and cats taken off the street with COLLARS still on!
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

^^ I know, I saw that, too. I spent most of my adolescence spreading leaflets, videos, books like that (not a PETA fan, though). People often said to me: You can't force me to look at that!
    Which is like saying: Even though I'm responsible for the torture and the murder, it's too much to ask to look at it.

They really do skin them alive.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^Ick, the Chinese clothes place in my neighborhood has fur items. I feel sick now.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information