Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My cat Spooky 1990-2007

Default My cat Spooky 1990-2007

After the having some health issues for the last few months, my dear friend Spooky really started to go downhill the last 2 wks. Mr. Lynnie & I decided that she had suffered enough today......just a few weeks shy of her 17th birthday.

She and I were together almost literally half of my life and though we had a rough start, she became a truly great friend, companion, comic relief and 'watch kitty'. I came to depend on her....and she of me.

She waited for me every single day when I came home from work. She slept w/me. She always head butted me when I put food out for her. She was so spoiled that at one point, she refused to eat unless someone pet her while she ate. Until the kids came along........

She was a birthday present from my brother and his wife. They came to my apartment holding a Christmas stocking. Out popped her head! She was so cute! Though we (my roommate & I) weren't allowed to have pets,how could I say no??? I just couldn't.

And I couldn't allow her to suffer now. My little old friend. She was not loved by everyone, but she certainly was by me.

I know she is chasing wadded up pieces of paper right now!!

She was cool.....just had to tell you guys.

I am destroyed.

Hit By Ban Bus!

OMG I had a Spooky at one time. My prayers are with you and Spooky, Lynnie. May she dance forever in heaven.

Oh, Lynnie, I'm sorry - I know how painful it is to lose an animal friend.

You were a good friend to Spooky and she loved you, too. You loved her so much you took her pain away, even though it added to your own.

I personally believe we'll see our animal friends again one day.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Yes, we will. Most definitely!

Oh God! I'm so sorry Lynnie.

Losing a beloved pet is shattering. Hugs to you.

aww i'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like the cat had a wonderful life! One of my cats, Mamakitty died in Feb. i am always devastated at the loss of a pet. No strings attached love is what they give.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thank you all. I know I am certainly not the first person to go through this. Its just a truly difficult thing to comprehend....like, she won't be here tomorrow. I just cannot even fathom this. It's very foreign.

We spent the last hours before the vet--outside. She LOVED it outside, though she was a definite 'indoor kitty'. She just loved being out. So she and I went out....and sat. And talked. And I tried so hard to tell her how sorry I was....how I loved her. That I would see her again, but that she would be so much better off. It started to rain....we had to come in.

It's going to take me a LONG time to get over this.

Lynnie, I am so sorry. I doesn't matter that you are not the first person to go through this, it's the first time it has happened to you. That's all that matters. It's a crushing loss, trust me, I know. I did the same thing you did with Spooky with my two kitties when it was their time. I took them out and sat them in the grass and told them I loved them so much. Ugh, I'm tearing up as I write this.

Take care

I'm so sorry, Lynnie, my heart breaks for you! Spooky knows you love her, and I know it's probably no comfort, but you did the right thing. And I believe our loved ones never really leave us, that she'll be with you every day (especially when you're outside!). I can't even imagine your pain right now Lynnie, and I wish I could give you a big hug

Gold Member

Hugs to you. Is so hard.

Gold Member

Lynnie, I'm so sorry for your loss
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Spooky is probably chasing the shit out of my cat, and my cat is batting at Spooky because she dared interrupt his preening.

Seriously, that's cat heaven.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

This reminds me of when my cat Darling died. I remember picking her out at the pet store. She was a little runt of a cat.. black tortoise coat.. and her brothers and sisters were clamoring for attention while she sat in the corner. I remember when we got her home, she hid under the couch and I WAILED AND WAILED for her to come out.. she bit my dad when he tried to get her out, I think.

She was hit by a car. We found her one morning when I was getting ready to leave for school. I was so devastated. I went to school crying and depressed.. we buried her when I got home. I buried her with a box of animal crackers (dont ask why) and her favorite toy.

I'm so sorry Lynnie. Cats are awesome. I'm sure Spooky was awesome, too.

Oh hon, I'm so sorry. I've never had to put a cat down, I've only had to deal with accidents. I can't imagine how bad it must have felt knowing she was going to go...but relief I am sure because you were taking away her pain. That is the biggest sacrifice you can make...to give your beloved pet a peaceful and calm end. I am tearing up right now, as I am a HUGE cat person and I know just how hard it is to lose one. I love that you spent time outside with her. One of my cats is a FIEND for going outside, but we never let him because we are too terrified of him running into the street. If I was in the same situation I would do the exact thing you did, take him outside and let him enjoy the fresh air while talking to him and loving him.

She is playing with all of our lost ones up there in kitty heaven, just as Grimm said. I know she will really love my Spot.

(((hugs))) Lynnie, I am so, so sorry.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Well-I have had a weep right with you,Dear Lynnie. I am so sorry. This night is so beautiful with the full moon shinning in all of its glory-what a fitting tribute to a noble Cat. Yours was a love match made in Heaven and the moon and sky celebrate Spooky's arrival.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information