Thread: This made me so mad

Angry This made me so mad

I was watching a TV programme about the RSPCA and a man had a German Shepherd dog that he kicked!

The worst thing, perhaps, is the fact that he didn't think there was anything wrong with doing it! He said it was just a dog (Bastard)

He got a warning not to do it again, I wish the dog had been taken away from him.

Ohh i hate that sort of thing. It upsets me more than anything. I cant imagine anyone wanting to hurt a dog. I've got a terrible story- in my town, some guy got arrested because he picked up his neighbours dog and sat it on the spikes of their fence. I cried so much when i read it in the newspaper. He should have his ass on the spikes, bastard!

Gold Member

Poor animals with these kinds of folks.

There should be a pet-owning test. I wish the dog had bitten him.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

A friend of mines family used to own a dog that was deaf when she was younger. Well, the dog didn't listen too good, because- *gasp* he was deaf. And it was not a bad dog, it just got into trouble like most. One day her step-dad threw a freaking size 12 mens tennis shoe at the dog because it would come in the house from the garage. Months later the dog got hit by a semi.

I also remember hearing about how the dog ran away and when her mom finally chased him down she had to drag him home and he was dragged for so long that the pads on his paws were bloody.

Thankfully they treat their current dog a WHOLE lot better. I think that because this one can hear and responds to their commands.

I don't think they should have any dog. Dogs respond well to gesture, touch, smell, facial espression and body language. Their problems with this deaf dog could have solved by consulting a trainer, or having common sense and basic communication abilities, or finding it another home.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reptillycus View Post
    I don't think they should have any dog. Dogs respond well to gesture, touch, smell, facial espression and body language. Their problems with this deaf dog could have solved by consulting a trainer, or having common sense and basic communication abilities, or finding it another home.
    I know. They went through a lot of dogs over the years, just because the mom got fed up with them and would give them away.
    And the dog was so sweet when I was over there. I would pet him and they would just yell him off. I told them I didn't mind him being on my lap and they would say "he knows better than that".
    Thinking back I wish I had called animal control. I feel bad thinking that I didn't do anything, but I was about 10 or 11. Like I still knew it was wrong, but I didn't respond to it.

In my house our dogs climb on your lap and they run to you at the door and they jump up to kiss you. I never understood how someone would want to beat a dog to where they don't love on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I was watching a TV programme about the RSPCA and a man had a German Shepherd dog that he kicked!

The worst thing, perhaps, is the fact that he didn't think there was anything wrong with doing it! He said it was just a dog (Bastard)

He got a warning not to do it again, I wish the dog had been taken away from him.
    I have an unwritten law that I wish could be implemented. Such a creature as the man who dared kick his dog should be meted the same behaviour back, but twice.

The 'man', and I use this term very loosely, is a coward. Cowards like to bluster and act the tough guy with animals or other humans who are smaller than they are.

Maybe he needs a stint in a penitentiary, the piece of garbage. It would be nice if there were some snarling, unfriendly dogs in his cell to keep him company.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung View Post
    Ohh i hate that sort of thing. It upsets me more than anything. I cant imagine anyone wanting to hurt a dog. I've got a terrible story- in my town, some guy got arrested because he picked up his neighbours dog and sat it on the spikes of their fence. I cried so much when i read it in the newspaper. He should have his ass on the spikes, bastard!
    There was a horrible incident in Ontario when some sickening sadist took his dog and dragged her down the highway, tied to his pickup truck.

I was revolted when I heard about it. I hate to say it, but the only thing that psychologically helped me deal with it was to imagine what I might to do the thing (man) if I had a chance.

I still remember the dog's name, it was Holly. She eventually recovered and was rehomed...and I know she is loved, unlike the scum who terrorized her.

He deserves no consideration.
    Last edited by Tati; October 1st, 2007 at 07:22 AM.

I Hate people who hurt animals.
    The punishment should be so much harder

Thumbs down

That story is horrific! Poor Holly I am so glad she survived and is being looked after.

I really don't think people who do things like that deserve to live

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten89 View Post
    I know. They went through a lot of dogs over the years, just because the mom got fed up with them and would give them away.
    And the dog was so sweet when I was over there. I would pet him and they would just yell him off. I told them I didn't mind him being on my lap and they would say "he knows better than that".
    Thinking back I wish I had called animal control. I feel bad thinking that I didn't do anything, but I was about 10 or 11. Like I still knew it was wrong, but I didn't respond to it.

In my house our dogs climb on your lap and they run to you at the door and they jump up to kiss you. I never understood how someone would want to beat a dog to where they don't love on you?
    You were young and didn't know what to do, except be kind to the dog. Instinctively you were right, but don't feel bad, now you do know what to do, even if you didn't know then.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Thread Information