Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppy Parties...WTF?

Gold Member

Default Puppy Parties...WTF?

Birthday party with our Puppies

This is ridiculous. I remember a woman wanted to buy a dog from my mother, ok fine, so they meet, talk it over and my mom wasn't feeling too sure about it. Plus, the fact that my mother hasn't gotten rid of a single dog that she has in her "kennel". Anyways, when she's telling the woman how sorry she is about not being able to go thru with it, the woman starts spazzing out and then says "I have people coming, I have a party, what am I supposed to do" and it took a second but my mom realized that this nut job had a party planned because her 7 year old was getting a dog. About a week later, we were uptown and ran in the pet store to get some fish stuff and saw them in there. The kid starts begging for this tiny little Pomeranian. They leave the store, we go about our stuff and head over to the bank. Turns out, they were in front of us and the woman was draining her son's savings account to buy the dog! So tell me, since when did a dog become an accessory instead of a pet?
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Poor puppy. Such a nut case.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Freak alert...

And why doesn't she buy the dog herself if she wanted one so bad, bitch shouldn't be draining her son's savings account. Who has a savings account at 7 yrs old anyways? I think I only had a piggy bank with about $5 in it!

I thought this was a thread about birthday parties for dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Freak alert...

And why doesn't she buy the dog herself if she wanted one so bad, bitch shouldn't be draining her son's savings account. Who has a savings account at 7 yrs old anyways? I think I only had a piggy bank with about $5 in it!

Me too!!! I thought I was a little embarrassed that I buy Josie a peanut butter/carob cake for her birthday every year at Three Dog Bakery!!!

Oh yea, gotta spoil them on their birthday! ^

Re the original post- Some people are just weird I guess

SVZ

ugh, seeing that little dog on that website pawing inside his display case at the pet store

just ugh.

Yeah, those women frighten me. They're mentally disturbed.

ALL those pets will end up abandoned or at the pound. Pet stores should be illegal, IMO, they are nothing more than fronts for puppy mills.

I guess it would be too much for this asshole mom to go to the shelter and rescue a dog that needs a good home. No emptying of savings accounts required either.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Me too!!! I thought I was a little embarrassed that I buy Josie a peanut butter/carob cake for her birthday every year at Three Dog Bakery!!!
    This past year I baked my dog a cake for his first birthday! It had peanut butter and carrot in it. We were at my parents' house and the family sang "Happy Birthday" and he got gifts - it was obnoxious, I'm aware. We had fun, though!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^ wow....... laaaaaaaaame

Were you guys at least using it as an excuse to get smashed?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Fuckin' A - we made Sangrias and took lots of pictures to look back on the fact that we gave a dog birthday party.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Me too. Lol. Hopefully they take good care of a dog if they buy one.

I love wrapping the presents up for my dogs, my old lab used to rip the paper just like a little kid at Christmas. It was the cutest thing ever! This year will be Fin's 2nd bday and I'm so baking a cake for him. Last year we just took him to Petsmart and let him pick out what he wanted. It wasn't really the smartest idea as I ended up spending close to $100 on him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

LOL at all the doggie lovers here and the shit we do for our dogs!!

My mom's best friend is a breeder (labs) and she always screens everyone before selling a pup to someone. Some people are just whack jobs and want the dog to entertain their kid because the kid is a pain in their ass. Then you have the people that have 5 kids, all are in some kind of sport, constantly on vacation, and theres the poor dog by himself all the time. They just want a dog so they can say they have a dog.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Pet stores should be illegal, IMO, they are nothing more than fronts for puppy mills.
    Agreed. I haven't seen cats and dogs in pet shops over here for years thank goodness (although I don't think it is actually illegal) but you still hear dreadful things about puppy farms. Nobody should ever buy a dog from somewhere offering a selection of breeds. The dogs are often kept in appalling conditions, bitches are treated like breeding machines, the puppies are weaned too soon and can get psychological problems, not to mention genetic problems from overbreeding. It's grim.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information