Thread: Tortured California tortoise returns home

Default Tortured California tortoise returns home

A 42-pound pet tortoise that was slashed and mutilated after being stolen from a family's yard is home following more than a month in a rehabilitation center.

The tortoise, Bob, heartily ate a meal of hibiscus flowers and roses — its first since having a feeding tube pulled from its neck, owner Dorothy Sullivan said Friday.

"He's eating like a pig," she said. "He's doing great and we're pretty excited."

The 25-year-old African spurred tortoise was snatched from Sullivan's yard on July 7. Police, following an anonymous tip, found the injured animal behind an apartment complex several days later.

The tortoise's hind legs were badly cut, a toe was cut off, its neck was slashed and its shell was punctured with a sharp object. The attacker tried to cut the animal out of its shell and threw it against a wall, police said.

Jose "Tony" Mosqueda, 18, of Ventura, was arrested and charged with animal cruelty. He pleaded not guilty. If convicted, he faces up to three years in prison, prosecutors said.

Sullivan said Bob is a friend to her 6-year-old autistic son William, who rarely spoke to people but chattered to the animal. She said the boy was withdrawn during the tortoise's stay at Turtle Dreams, a Montecito rehab center, but has started talking again since Bob's return.

"It's made a good impact on our son. He's sleeping through the night and he's opening up," Sullivan said.

A benefit concert was planned for Sunday at a Ventura night club to raise money to help pay the animal's veterinary bills.

Tortured Calif. tortoise returns home - Yahoo! News

i'd like to torture the fucker that did all that shit to that defenseless turtle

Holy moses who the eff would torture a tortoise?! Poor little guy, that is just so sad. I don't know how anyone could torture an animal especially since they offer so much unconditional love.

What a sick story. I'm glad the tortoise was returned though a lot worse for the wear.

That poor tortoise! I'm glad to hear he's doing better and has a loving family.

I'm glad the turtle made a good recovery, and I hope he lives a happy turtle life.

But, I hope the fuckers who would do this

The tortoise's hind legs were badly cut, a toe was cut off, its neck was slashed and its shell was punctured with a sharp object. The attacker tried to cut the animal out of its shell and threw it against a wall, police said.
    to an animal, roast in an extra toasty part of hell.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Oh an update

I remember when the original story was posted it said there was a tear in his eye when he took his first steps, that set me off!

I'm so glad he is recovering and I'm in line to beat these fuckers up

First you have to deal that he tortured a flipping turtle and then you throw in the autistic kid?

There's got to be a special level of hell for this guy.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

[QUOTE=WitchHazelEyed;781966]First you have to deal that he tortured a flipping turtle and then you throw in the autistic kid?

There's got to be a special level of hell for this guy.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, for him and any other sick fuck who tortures animals. It tortures me just thinking about these poor animals.

That poor turtle!! How could anyone hurt a turtle!! Its so sad to read what some stupid kid did to the turtle!! Personally I have two turles and I think that kid should be fucking beated and raped in prison!!

But I'm glad to hear the turtle's okay!!
    You've condemned me to Hell.

Don't even ask me what I think or feel about this human...I send prayers for Bob and William, am very happy that they are back together. Just send that motherfucker to me. I'll stand up to God and defend everything that I would do to him...
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Poor turtle, glad to hear the turtle is ok now.
    Love ya,
    Dara

Who gets a kick out of torturing a turtle? I just don't get it.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

What a sick bastard.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Thread Information