Thread: Smallest Dog In The World!

Default Smallest Dog In The World!

The smallest - and cutest - creatures you will ever see | the Daily Mail

When his owner shouts "Heel!" Ducky the dog has little choice but to take things literally. At just over ankle height, the three-year-old short-coat chihuahua from Boston in the U.S. has just been named the smallest living dog in the world by Guinness World Records.

At only 4.9in tall, Ducky weighs less than 1lb 6oz. His head is the size of a large strawberry. "He is such a funny little guy," says his owner Lisa Messier, who bought him for £2,500 when he was 13 months old. "He doesn't go out for walks, but if you want to go out, you can just put him in your bag."
    Chihuahuas are the smallest dogs in the world - in fact, the only "natural" toy breed. Other small pups are the result of breeding down larger breeds. Celebrities such as Paris Hilton and Madonna are well-known fans of chihuahuas. Ducky succeeds Danka Kordak, a 5.4in chihuahua from Slovakia, in the record books. Scroll down for more ...

Scroll down for more ...

Measuring just over 5in, Dylan the Papillon is Britain's smallest dog. The name of the breed comes from the French word for butterfly because its ears and head resemble the insect. The breed evolved in France and Belgium and it has been said that Marie Antoinette was a fan of the Papillon's ancestor - the toy spaniel - with one accompanying her to the guillotine.

Scroll down for more ...

Mr Peebles, the world's smallest short-haired domestic cat, measures just 6.1in - the size of a typical sixmonthold kitten. After being rescued from a house where he was badly treated, he lives in a vet's clinic in the U.S.

I hate to say it, but they're ugly little things. I don't mind small dogs (as for the owners who let the fucking things yap all day, that's another story) but tinier doesn't make for cuter.

Yea, he's not the cutest thing is he?

aw, i love chihuahuas. i wish all those dumb bimbos (paris, nicole, etc) hadn't made them fashionable.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    aw, i love chihuahuas. i wish all those dumb bimbos (paris, nicole, etc) hadn't made them fashionable.
    I agree, they don't even look after them I bet

Gold Member

Poor little guy. It makes me sad to see chihuahuas purposely being bred so small. His back is so curved and it looks painful. A sign that he's not getting enough exercise. When I got my chihuahua at the pound his back was the same way and now it's normal.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i know a chihuaha thats smaller! i swear to gawd!! i even got pics!

Thread Information