Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need HELP immediately!!

Default Need HELP immediately!!

I need to find a no kill shelter in my area. My daughter has found some puppies and we just can't take them-we have too many now...
    Where would I start?
    Called the local shelter and they had no clue....
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

id try the spca first, if you get no where...try looking online for a rescue

i dunno what i'd do if i found puppies, id have such a hard time giving them up...and we already have 4 dogs!

goodluck sweetrebel, i hope you find somewhere for them!
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I think I found a rescue here in town...right now the neighbor has them. Apparently my daughter's bf's dog got out and got down with the neighbor's dog. Please no one post about how irresponsible that is to not have the male neutered...he normally is in the house or in his pen but he did get out one day. He is a registered chocolate lab, and he has bred him once and I do believe he plans to do so in the future...so bf is not an irresponsible pet owner

im glad you found somewhere for them, I won't say a word about not getting a pet neutered. Shit happens, the other week a male and female chocolate lab showed up in our back yard, no collars. The females belly was hanging to the ground, she obviously had puppies somewhere. I was so mad at first that someone could just let their dog wonder off,especially one that just had puppies. We made some calls, and we did eventually find the owners, and they were so glad we were nice enough to keep them in our fence and feed them and give them water (i really think those dogs were gone for more than an hour like the owner said) They were hungry, REALLY thirsty and both looked like they had been outside for a while. Anyway, the owner explained that when they are left outside together, the male wonders and the female follows...if they are out seperately neither goes anywhere. I could totally understand because one of our labs "wonders" he just goes off into the woods, and eventually comes back, or comes when called.

Wandering dogs worry me, that's how my beloved "Man" got killed. He was mostly an inside dog, but I did have a house outside and a running chain that I would put him on sometimes. One night he needed out, so I just let him out and went back to bed. He got ran over right beside the road and that almost killed me. I have never felt that way about a pet, and it was very hard for me because I blamed myself for not waiting on him to do his business and let him back in....
    I have had several pets since then, and the closest I have come to really loving an anothe animal is a stray cat we go a year or so ago...

In the future, The Humane Society should be able to help you out. They are usually full of information on no-kill shelters. Sometimes, no kill shelters only take dogs and cats that are from areas local to the shelter. No kills aren't in every town, so if you find one, be sure to find someone from that area or tell them that you found the animals in their jurisdiction.

Also, your vet can also help or the local Petsmart or pet feed supply. A lot of times vets and feed stores have info on local rescues or no kill shelters.

I've been through finding lost dogs and cats several times, can you tell??

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    I think I found a rescue here in town...right now the neighbor has them. Apparently my daughter's bf's dog got out and got down with the neighbor's dog. Please no one post about how irresponsible that is to not have the male neutered...he normally is in the house or in his pen but he did get out one day. He is a registered chocolate lab, and he has bred him once and I do believe he plans to do so in the future...so bf is not an irresponsible pet owner
    Sorry, I'll have to disagree on that last part. Think about it---if he'd been neutered, you wouldn't have these unwanted puppies, and it's a story that happens a zillion times a day. Thousands upon thousands of unwanted dogs and cats are euthanized every single day in this country. And the breeding thing -- a freaking Labrador? Labs are a dime a dozen, you'll find them in pretty much every shelter in spades. I don't know why anyone would want to buy from a breeder anyhow, instead of rescuing a dog from the death chamber. What this guy is doing is essentially dooming another dog each time someone buys one of his "breeder" puppies.

^^Who are you to question what kind of pet owner he is? How long do you think it takes a male to find a female in heat and impregnate her? About as long as it takes for them to go out and take a shit.
    HTF is he dooming any dogs? He provides a stud service, is he supposed to follow the female's owner around and make sure all those pups are spayed/neutered?
    Making assumptions about someone you know nothing about is why so many people don't talk about things on this board-they are afraid they will get crucified and that is bullshit.......................

^^Who are you to question what kind of pet owner he is? .
    Troll

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

don't know why that struck such a raw nerve for me...

don't know why that struck such a raw nerve for me...
    'Cause it sucks to talk about issues that are important to you and have someone bash you just to be negative. Some people get off on negativity and conflict. I hope you find somewhere for the puppies. i wish i could help you out.

Give me a break. Tell me where any single thing I said is factually wrong. The more dogs that are created by breeding, the more dogs that are languishing in shelters with less of a shot to be adopted by people. These healthy, perfectly adoptable animals are being put to death by the thousands DAILY. But somehow, I'm in the wrong for pointing that out.

Unfortunately, it must be a revelation that people with half a brain would not go to a breeder for a freaking Labrador Retriever. If you're going to talk about breeding dogs, you should grow a thicker skin because surely in your wisdom, you realize that it plays a part in the pet overpopulation problem.

it wasnt the facts that were wrong, it was the way you came across...

and this wasnt about breeding the dogs, it was about finding a place for them to go...if she wanted to know about breeding puppies she would have posted about it.

I take offense to "people with half a brain would not go to a breeder for a freaking Labrador Retriever". I have FOUR LABS, ALL FROM A BREEDER!! My moms best friend is a breeder, its her job, thats what she does, they are show dogs. Infact, puppies were just born a few weeks ago, and we will be getting one of them also at the end of July/August. I would just like to know how this makes me only have half a brain?? I know there are plenty of dogs to be rescued, and I do get your point, but your offending a lot of people when you say what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Give me a break. Tell me where any single thing I said is factually wrong. The more dogs that are created by breeding, the more dogs that are languishing in shelters with less of a shot to be adopted by people. These healthy, perfectly adoptable animals are being put to death by the thousands DAILY. But somehow, I'm in the wrong for pointing that out.

Unfortunately, it must be a revelation that people with half a brain would not go to a breeder for a freaking Labrador Retriever. If you're going to talk about breeding dogs, you should grow a thicker skin because surely in your wisdom, you realize that it plays a part in the pet overpopulation problem.

I wasn't talking about breeding-I simply made a statement that said he hadn't neutered his dog because he had bred him and probably would in the future. I put that statement in to avoid being crucified by someone like you on this board. I have basically no knowledge of the breeding world, and don't recall that I even acted as if I did...

I think everyone knows the problem with unwanted pets. I started this thread to get help finding a shelter that would NOT kill the dogs. If I was as uncaring and as ignorant as you would portray me, I would have directed her to the shelter here in town knowing that they would be euthanized.

Quote Originally Posted by silver024 View Post
    I take offense to "people with half a brain would not go to a breeder for a freaking Labrador Retriever". I have FOUR LABS, ALL FROM A BREEDER!!
    I rest my case. I already explained this above. You either need education or compassion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information