Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I almost lost Snickers today

Default I almost lost Snickers today

The neighbors across the street nicked him with their tire. He's pretty shaken up.. limping and he has some scratches and a tire mark on his belly.
    I'm taking him to the vet first thing tomorrow morning.
    What really fucking gets to me though is that the neighbors didn't even say anything.. they just got out of their car and waltzed to their door.
    I went to call them out on it and they told me: "Poner tu perro en un correo" (Put your dog on a leash.)

Fucking imbeciles.

Elite Member

i am so so so sorry. please update on how he is doing tomorrow! ill say a prayer for your baby!

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    I went to call them out on it and they told me: "Poner tu perro en un correo" (Put your dog on a leash.)
    I'm sorry this happened, but they do have a point?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yeah, I'd feel awful if I almost ran over any animal. But I would have to agree with the leash thing. It's sad how many animals are killed because their owners don't keep them secure.

I am very glad that Snickers is ok.

There is an idiot on our block who lets her little white dog wander all over the street. Then she'll spend 15 minutes calling him. I am terrified he is going to be killed because I've very nearly hit him twice, and I drive slowly because I'm aware that he might be out there. I tried talking to the woman but she just giggled and ran inside. She's Chinese and I'm not sure how much English she understands, but WTF? Who does this kind of thing? She actually saw me swerve to avoid him once and she kept on calling him as though nothing had happened. The day she moved in, he was roaming around the streets and we pointed this out to her. She went in her house, leaving the dog outside -- no collar or anything of course -- and after about 20 minutes, I knocked on her door, dog in my arms. She'd been taking a shower!

I just know I am going to see this sweet but completely untrained dog lying dead on the side of the road some day soon. Most people -- soccer moms in BMW SUVs drive like mad around here while on their cells -- don't watch out for kids, much less dogs.

Lil

I hope Snickers is OK. I don't want to be alarmist, but I am a bit worried that you aren't taking him to the vet till tomorrow. My friend lost her Beagle when he was hit by a car and he seemed OK, no broken bones just scratches and a bit shaken, but something had ruptured inside him and he died from internal bleeding before she took him to the vet.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

^^That is a very good point. Even a tire would hit him with a lot of force. One of my cats died that way a long time ago. He seemed OK, but died within a few hours after being glanced by a tire.

A*O

Agree. He could easily have internal injuries and if he's limping he's obviously hurt and almost certainly in shock. Take him to the vet NOW.
    Dame Edna Everage

I'm a little appalled here! Snickers depends on YOU to keep him safe-not the neighbors! He should have been straight to the vet and not allowed out without a leash. We have strict leash laws here! Now we are all worried about him. Please let us know. The idea that you would call out your neighbors for something that was solely your responsibilty! Dogs don't understand cars-he depends on you. I hope you have rethought this by now & I truly hope he is OK. Sorry if I sounded preachy, I really care about both of you.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Im not arguing that it was not bad on my part to keep him secure, if you re-read my original post, I say the thing that makes me angry is that the neighbors failed to inqure if he was okay.. they didnt even have the courtesy to acknowledge what had happened, they only saw it fit to blame me for the situation, when, it fact, it was not I who was driving the car..
    If I were to hit a child that was playing on the side of the road (not in the middle since it seems like I made it sound that way) I think I would have the concern and moral obligation to stop my car (not circle the block a few times), get out of the car, and see what damage I had caused.. I wouldn't tell the mother "Watch your kid next time."
    As far as the vet thing goes, I tried looking for an emergency vet hospital and there isn't one.. I called my vet at his home and he talked me through a physical examination, not that it's the same thing as actually taking him to the vet but I did check him out myself last night and he seemed fine, BUT I did take him to the vet where they x-rayed him and everything is normal, just some scratches and sorness--- he's lucky to be alive, and that's the sole thing I'm focusing on right now.

Lil

^^Pleased to hear he is OK.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Elite Member

yes. glad to hear it. but I agree with others, please keep him on a leash outside. we all make mistakes! but it would really help prevent something like this from happening again.

I'm so glad to hear that little Snickers is find and dandy. I was worried.

A*O

Glad he's OK. A lucky escape by the sound of it. Lesson learned.
    Dame Edna Everage

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I hope that you'll be able to find an emergency vet hospital just in case if anything happens to your doggie in the future so if it's anything serious, you won't have to wait til the next day.

Our vet has emergency services 24rs and there's another emergency vet across the street from them.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information