Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do cats love to lay on paper?

Default Why do cats love to lay on paper?

All cat lovers know this. Anytime you have to study, wrap a present, or spread out paper of any kind, they can't wait to lay on it!

theories?

I think the rustling of paper sounds like rodents moving. I read that on a cat site run by vets, but who knows?

So funny, and so true.

Seems like mine want to be right on top of whatever I'm working on. Since they've been put outside, they get right into the gardening I'm doing, directly under my hands. Like with the papers, it's very much a Prima Donna Look-At-Me kind of thing.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

My dog does this too...but it's usually when I am reading so she can get attention.

Cats are funny, you could spend a fortune on a classy bed for them and they want to lie on some old chair, or you buy them some cool toys and they just wana play with rolled up foil balls

Lil

One of my cats will sleep in the nice cozy beds that I bought them, but the old lady cat would much rather find somewhere herself. Current favourite place is in an empty cardboard box that was waiting to be thrown out next to the radiator in the office. She also quite likes to sleep in my laptop bag if I leave it open on the floor.

She will sit down on the tiniest piece of paper rather than direct on the floor. I always thought it was because she used to be a stray, and paper is warm so she'd learnt that when she was homeless.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

these are such cute responses!

My cat daisy is a long haired calico. she loves to sleep in boxes and under my night table. I made a "bed" for her under there, and since a tablecloth covers it, its like her own private hideaway.

I think cats like paper cause partly cause they like the smooth feeling for some reason (to lay on). she also likes flat surfaces like a table top so she can do the "snake" (wiggle around on her side).

My calico kitty Cassie likes to destroy paper. She can reduce a newspaper to shreds. And she has been known to attack birthday presents or Christmas presents when no one is looking.

Elite Member

My cat Sheba (RIP ) loved to do this as well. any of your cats love plastic? mine did a lot! especially from paper towel/toilet paper wrappings

Cassie likes plastic bags a lot. She also loves boxes. It's really funny to see her try to see her squeeze herself into a box she's too big for.

Daisy loves to "flap paper" every chance she gets.

My poodle LOVES to eat paper. If he can confiscate anything-paper napkin,kleenex-what ever, he is fairly dancing with joy!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I know its not even comfortable so I dont even get it!

omg omg omg i always wondered this too!!!!! omg! thank you for this thread. I've had 4 cats in my lifetime and each and every one of them love to sit on paper whether it was 10 years ago and my cat Cloudy would sit on my homework while I was trying to do it or one of the 2 cats I have now who are happy to jump on the couch and sit all over my bills laying out as I figure how much of them I can pay! omg cats are funny

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Sorry for going off-topic I know this is a cat thread but when I first got Elmo, I was training him to sleep in his crate but he was a baby still then so he'd want to sleep with us on the bed. I read somewhere that dogs/puppies don't like the rustling sound of plastic bags so I would lay plastic bags all around our bed.
    Another thing I read is that you can give your puppy a little clock to sleep with cuz it mimics the heart beat of their mommy dog and it comforts him/her when sleeping.

We just let him sleep wherever now though and got rid of the huge crate. For some reason, we bought him the biggest crate we could find.

Ok, off-topic rant done

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Yes, I've heard about putting a little alarm clock next to the puppy so it will remind him of Mommy, too. That's so sweet.

yeah the clock thing works the ticking sounds like mom's heartbeat. I also throw in a soft house shoe it usually works great our latest addition i had to go rub the shoe on my female dog first and he layed right on it and went to sleep this wasn't his mom but he took to her like she was
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information