Thread: Bats!

Eli

Default Bats!

I think I have bats in my roof, but I am not sure. Every night since Tuesday this week right outside, above my window there is a constant chirping (chirp!......... chirp!........... chirp!......, etc) from about 11pm to 5am. At first I thought it was a baby bird but now I think it's bats because when I went outside one nigth I could hear them far away, plenty of them in all directions and as we all know, birds sleep at night.
    Anyway, the sound is driving us mad. Can anyone help?
    Thanks.

P.S.: We get the chirping from time to time, but it used to be extremely rare, whereas now it seems to be nested in one spot above my bedroom and is there every night.

Why? Bats are quite delightful and eat their weight in those nasty disease harboring mesquitoes! There are bat caves in San Antonio Tx
    were crowds gather every evening just to see them! This is your big chance! Organize tours!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

lol mcjag
    i had no idea bout the mosquito thing..v. cool

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Why? Bats are quite delightful and eat their weight in those nasty disease harboring mesquitoes! There are bat caves in San Antonio Tx
    were crowds gather every evening just to see them! This is your big chance! Organize tours!
    I agree! We used to have a couple of bat-houses in our yard when I was a kid. They are wonderful I'm serious. Natural mosquito killers. In the dead of summer, when everyone else had a ton of mosquitos in their yard we (and our neighbors) didn't!

Bats are wonderful!! Just don't let them inhabit your attic, they will tear it up for nests and leave a lot of batcrap. In just a few years you will have major repairs to consider. Build bat-houses where they are used to going into your attic, they will live there. Make sure all the bats are out of your attic before you seal it up. Bats are great. But don't let them take over your space, give them their own, and you all will be happy. Find a bat person to help you do this so that it works. There may be someone in your area to help you, just search on the net. Good Luck. My Aunt's bats in her Attic, not her head's Attic, but her house's Attic, LOLOL, would squeeze themselves very tiny and pop out through the backs of her kitchen cabinets. Surprise!!!! Apparently they are like rats, in that they can get through tiny spaces. I saw this myself in person, it was incredible, like a magic act, only real!!!

She found someone to chase them out, seal up the attic, and build several bathouses under her attic eaves. Her attic has been bat free for 23 years now and she doesn't need mosquito spray when she sits outside, and she gets to watch them sometimes fly by.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reptillycus View Post
    Bats are wonderful!!
    so it seems..

My Aunt's bats in her Attic, not her head's Attic, but her house's Attic, LOLOL, would squeeze themselves very tiny and pop out through the backs of her kitchen cabinets. Surprise!!!! Apparently they are like rats, in that they can get through tiny spaces. I saw this myself in person, it was incredible, like a magic act, only real!!!
    wow, i had no idea bats are so malleable

She found someone to chase them out, seal up the attic, and build several bathouses under her attic eaves. Her attic has been bat free for 23 years now and she doesn't need mosquito spray when she sits outside, and she gets to watch them sometimes fly by.
    now i want some bats of my own lol

I love that! POP goes the bat! That is so funny!!!! Wouldm't that be a scream if you had stuffy company over and a bat popped out!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

it would mcjag..'oh, don't mind those things, they're in and out all the time..soooo, would you like more tea?' lol

i need some bats i had no idea they killed mosquitoes. I live in louisiana and on a lake i need me some of these bats lol
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Bats are so cute....like little puppy dogs or rats with wings. I'd want to pet one if I saw it!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Bats are so cute....like little puppy dogs or rats with wings. I'd want to pet one if I saw it!
    Yeah, they remind me of kittens with wings. I think they're kinda cute, too

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I love bats!!

You really don't want bats in your attic though--the batshit can be dangerous to humans--you can get some kind of sickness just from inhaling the 'fumes'.

Bats are adorable! lol

I'm terrified of bats! Harmful or not, I can't stand them. My room is the attic, so of course they have to hideout there. I haven't been in my room for months. I refuse to go in my room, not even in the morning.

Thread Information