Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead pets give birth to diamond ring

Default Dead pets give birth to diamond ring

This photo released by LifeGem in October 2005 shows a diamond made from the ashes of cremated remains. Sue Rogers from Devon will never be without her dead dogs and cat after having a diamond ring made from their ashes.(AFP/Lifegem/File)

Dead pets give birth to diamond ring - Yahoo! News

Sue Rogers will never be without her dead dogs and cat after having a diamond ring made from their ashes.
    Rogers, from Devon in southwest England, paid 3,200 pounds (4,800 euros, 6,238 dollars) for the ring made from carbon extracted from the ashes of Lucky, an old English sheepdog, a golden retriever cross called Sam and a tom cat, Patch, a newspaper said Saturday.
    "I am delighted with my ring as it means I can have my pets with me at all times," Rogers told the Daily Mail newspaper.
    "My animals meant the world to me and even though they are gone they are still with me. It's a beautiful ring and such a brilliant idea."
    Rogers, 44, had previously kept the ashes of her pets on her mantelpiece until she learnt of LifeGem UK, which makes diamonds from the remains of humans and pets.
    A small amount of carbon from each set of ashes was heated at temperatures of 3,000 degrees Celsius to help make a rough diamond.
    The stone was then polished and certified before being set in a gold band.

I find it a bit morbid, but if it gives her comfort...

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    I find it a bit morbid, but if it gives her comfort...
    I agree. A bit morbid for me as well.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Elite Member

interesting..i have never heard of this (?)..

i've heard of it a little creepy for me I watched pet semetary too many times I guess but hey to each their own and it's a nice ring lol

Kinda morbid but much better than stuffing them. I have a neighbour who stuffed her german shepherd and keeps it in her living room. Needless to say I never visit that neighbour

Stuffing my dead loved pet would NOT bring me solace. I would expect nightmares. I can see keeping cremains with me though. But my best so far to honor my buds is to bury them in the yard where I am living after they die, wrapped up in an article of my clothing, or in their favorite shirt or jacket to sleep on, with some objects with them, toys, a dogtag, straws, whatever they loved.
    A ring is not so terrible, I guess. I want my husband to toss me in the Cheetah enclosure at our local Zoo, when my time comes. But that won't happen, he'll get into trouble and the Cheetah's will too. Damn. I can't think of a better way to go than to have beautiful big tearing Cat Fangs and Meat Hook Claws come down on me. Their eyes and breath and muscles and the aroma would make my death worth it. I have to die sometime, better this than a car wreck, or heart attack, or skin cancer. Better to be eaten by big beautiful strong elastic cats.
    I have told you my deepest secret, and now I am embarrassed and am going to disappear.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Some people are doing this with the ashes of parents or children that died..

Personally, I think it's a neat idea.. maybe not for pets, but for people sure. Better than having an urn of ashes on your mantel or a headstone to stare at. At least they're made into something beautiful.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have to agree. I think it's kind of a neat idea and not too morbid for me. My husband did pass away and I have his ashes. I've thought about doing it, but I have a terrible habit of losing jewelry and that would be one piece I definitely wouldn't want to lose!

the more I think about this the better I like it. I mean it is a lot prettier than an urn full of ashes on the mantle. Also it's a nice memorial I can't see doing this with my pets but a loved family member I could but then again some people all they have are their animals so once again to each his own.

I don't find it morbid at all and really like the idea, especially for a pet. I'm not sure how I'd feel about a person I love, but maybe.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reptillycus View Post
    But my best so far to honor my buds is to bury them in the yard where I am living after they die, wrapped up in an article of my clothing, or in their favorite shirt or jacket to sleep on, with some objects with them, toys, a dogtag, straws, whatever they loved.
    i agree..this is v. nice way reptillycus..

Quote Originally Posted by Reptillycus View Post
    I want my husband to toss me in the Cheetah enclosure at our local Zoo, when my time comes. But that won't happen, he'll get into trouble and the Cheetah's will too. Damn. I can't think of a better way to go than to have beautiful big tearing Cat Fangs and Meat Hook Claws come down on me. Their eyes and breath and muscles and the aroma would make my death worth it. I have to die sometime, better this than a car wreck, or heart attack, or skin cancer. Better to be eaten by big beautiful strong elastic cats.
    I have told you my deepest secret, and now I am embarrassed and am going to disappear.
    noooo, please don't disappear, this is a cool idea..out of the ordinary..interesting post..i rather like your prose

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Personally, I think it's a neat idea.. maybe not for pets, but for people sure. Better than having an urn of ashes on your mantel or a headstone to stare at. At least they're made into something beautiful.
    true, true..

That's it, i'm having Dick made into a diamond ring.
    Just as I typed this, who do I hear trotting down the hallway snorting? Dick the pig himself, coming to check up on me.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Elite Member

i dunno, ive heard about this as well as ashes being shot into space. i buried my cat in a pet cemetary and for me that was nice. it's weird to me, but people love their pets and would do a lot of crazy things for them, so if she feels closer to them somehow now that they're gone, good for her. id kinda be creeped out., also,what if i lost my ring?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information