Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My dog passed on New Years Eve

Default My dog passed on New Years Eve

And I am just heartbroken over this damn dog.. He was a big brown and white American Bulldog. (known as a pit). This was the very best dog, pet, BEST FRIEND anyone could ever have. His name was Frazier and he was 13 1/2 years old.
    I want a separate company to cremate him and bring his urn home which costs about $80 more than cremation at the vet's office. (which is where he currently is) Hope this makes sense I am UPSET.
    My hubby thinks it is dumb to do this as he is a tight wad .. But this dog was just truly my best friend. He will end up doing it for me, I know but why is it hard to see this is what I need to do?
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Sorry to hear about this. It is always traumatic when a pet dies. Hope your husband comes to his senses sooner rather than later.

Just remember your best friend is in a happy place now, and try to think of all the good times you shared with him.

thank you I needed to vent and knew you guys would make me feel better cause I feel like a big pile of crap and my heart hurts.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Oh Mistify, how sad! I am so sorry to hear of your loss. What a sad time...

I hope your hubby also comes to his senses, as you should remember your friend how you want to. And respectfully.

Hugs!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and like everyone else, I do hope your husband realizes how traumatic of an event this is for you. I don't know what I would do without my kitties. I hope that with time the pain subsides and you are left with the fond memories that you shared with Frazier.
    debauched.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog....

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I'm sorry about your doggie Mistify. He lived a full life I think, I hear pit bulls and other big breeds don't live as long as smaller breeds. My BIL's parents boxer died last month, I think it was 5-6 years old.
    $80 more isn't all that bad, hope your hubby will understand how you feel. I'd do the same if I were in this situation.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Oh Mistify I'm so sorry. I know how much a dog (or cat) can mean to a person. My pets are like my children and my Lab is like my big, hairy 100lb baby. I'm glad Frasier lived a wonderful long life. It sure sounds like he was well loved I would want the private cremation too. That's what I did with my kitties that have passed away.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I'm so sorry about your dog. I'm sure he is playing with all the other dogs in Rainbow Bridge *hugs*

I am sorry to hear about your doggie Mistify. Big hugs for you.

OCD

I'm sorry about your doggie.

I'm sorry, mistify.

OMG, Lobes, that poem made me cry like a 2 year old.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Me too,^^ I can barely see the keyboard. Donot know if you guys realize how much that helps but it does.. Thanks and thanks for helping me pay at least a little tribute to him, because he was the best dog in the world to me, I have honestly loved my pets in the past-but it almost seems that he was meant to help me through some really f*cked up times in my life- when I cried this dog would put his head in my lap. There will never be another like him... So thanks guys....

Gold Member

I have a 12 year old pit and she's one of my best friends too. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information