Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I saw this guy abusing his dog, what should I do?

SVZ

Default I saw this guy abusing his dog, what should I do?

I don't know who he is, but he frequents the ravine behind my building apparently. He hit his doberman and had him on a really short choke chain...can I report him to the police? He looks like he's had a stroke and is unstable (Doesn't seem able to groom himself).

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

SVZ, my hubby's seen something similar. There's this bum downtown here that has 2 German shepherds, he saw him kicking one So mean. I've seen this guy around, too.

To report to police, I think you might need to find out a little more info on this guy, like where he lives (if he lives behind your building, if not, who he is visiting in the building).

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Some people are so awful. Don't you just feel sick after witnessing that?
    About 3 weeks ago, I saw my neighbor pummell and kick (with motorcycle boots on) his dog. The dog was supposed to be following his cycle, but veered off course to socialize with two boys in the neighborhood that were on the other side of the street. The man stopped his motorcycle and beat the dog (while saying.."get over here"). I really felt sorry for the two young boys that saw the whole thing.
    I was driving past and witnessed it from my rearview mirror with my daughter beside me. I am too scared to approach the guy...he is crazy. The kind that would do something to my dogs or house...or something. Someone to stay the hell away from.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I don't trust myself not to go the fuck off on someone if I EVER see them doing that. Having the gall to beat an animal is just begging to get your ass kicked. When I am in protective mode I just don't worry about my safety....my crazy switch just goes off. Yes, you should call your local animal control or contact the SPCA.

Elite Member

agree with crumpet, call animal control if you can find out more about him.
    poor dog..hope he has a new owner one day..

A*O

If you can find out where this guy lives, or if he has a regular routine, it's better to inform the ASPCA (or equivalent) who have special patrols to deal with this kind of thing. I'm afraid the cops may not be as quick to respond.

My dad once saw a stupid woman using a high pressure washer on her dog in the driveway. The poor dog was being blasted around and obviously in extreme pain. Dad went over and told the woman to stop but got a torrent of abuse for his trouble. He reported her to the UK RSPCA and she was prosecuted for animal cruelty.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Stupid kid across the street kept slapping his mastiff in the face. This is a shrimpy kid, and a very large dog. I kept hoping the dog would at least growl or something & scare the crap out of the brat, but unfortunately this dog is afraid of his own shadow. (He was nosing around in my yard one day & I dropped a bag of soda cans for recycling onto my concrete driveway, and the dog did this exaggerated startle & took off like a shot for home.)

Anyway, I told the brat to stop hitting his dog in the face. I don't know why I'm posting all this, other than it is enraging to see someone hurt an animal.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I don't know why I'm posting all this, other than it is enraging to see someone hurt an animal.
    it really is.
    i am pretty calm and sleepy girl most of the time but when i see something like this happen i wake up fast..it's just horrible when people mistreat animals

If you can't punch the shit out of the person, then I would report him to either the police or the SPCA. Sort of kidding about the punching the person yourself comment, but the police will know how to handle the situation. Just try to get as much info on the piece of shit "owner" as you can.

I just lose my mind if I see an animal mistreated. You bet I'd do everything I could to report the incident!

one time, a little boy across the street was kicking his dog and I jumped his sh*t! We HAVE to speak up for the animals!

I vote for the use of a gun on said animal abuser. Ok. Sorry. How about a paintball gun? BB? Water balloon? If they abuse animals, you know they abuse people too.

It makes them feel better about themselves. Sick fucks that they are. Animal control should be called and the police.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    SVZ, my hubby's seen something similar. There's this bum downtown here that has 2 German shepherds, he saw him kicking one So mean. I've seen this guy around, too.

To report to police, I think you might need to find out a little more info on this guy, like where he lives (if he lives behind your building, if not, who he is visiting in the building).

Ok I saw this guy this evening on the way home from a store. His dogs are not German Shepherds. Just black dogs. Anyways, he did kick one of them right in front of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG what an asshole. One of his shoe laces were untied and the poor dog stepped on it by accident and he was like "Don't f---ing step on my shoe lace!" and kicks the dog. I wanted to say something but I was scared cuz some of these bums may be druggies and can turn all crazy on you. But man, he doesn't deserve to have dogs. I'm so enraged And this guy that was outside who also happened to witness this uttered to me shaking his head "That's not how you should treat your dog..."
    It really sucks that I was powerless to do anything.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

If you find out where he or she lives, than call Animal Control, and make a report. I've been known to confront people who are abusing cats, but that is never the cat's person, just strangers who catch cats or who are trying to hurt them. It's probably dangerous, but I have always saved the cats.
    Dogs are different, they are usually being abused by their owners, who may take it out on the dog later, if a stranger intervenes, or because it is "their dog", may take it very personally and attack you right then. These people are dangerous. People trying to hurt cats seem to be able to be scared off.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

because it is "their dog", may take it very personally and attack you right then.
    That's what I was afraid of and these street kids like the one that kicked his dog are known to do speed/meth and even if I reported this to the police or SPCA I don't think they'll do much about it. I felt really powerless.

I understand what you mean and it is just heartbreaking to see an animal mistreated. I can't stand the thought of it!
    I just love animals so much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information