Thread: Dogs can eat white chocolate!

Default Dogs can eat white chocolate! :

You may notice that white chocolate is a typical ingredient in many treat icing recipes. While chocolate is dangerous for dogs, white chocolate is safe. The reason being, most all the caffeine substance in white chocolate has been removed. White chocolate is primarily cocoa fat, sugar, milk solids, lecithin and vanilla with next to no "chocolate liquor" the substance hazardous to dogs.

Can Dogs Eat White Chocolate?
    Q: I know that regular chocolate is toxic for dogs, but what about white chocolate ? I recently got some dog biscuits dipped in white chocolate. The makers say it's safe to feed my dog. Is it?

A: That's a good question, and the answer is yes. Regular dark chocolate is made from cacao beans, which contains high levels of theobromine- a caffeine-like substance that can cause chocolate toxicosis. White chocolate, on the other hand, is made from cocoa butter and is safe for dogs. The amount of theobromine in powdered cocoa varies, but it can be quite high. Generally, the darker the chocolate the higher the theobromine content. By the way, according to Hershey's Products the amount of caffeine in different chocolate products is also extremely variable. For example, Swiss Mocha hot chocolate and unsweetened baking chocolate have caffiene and can hurt the animal.

I still wouldn't give it to my dog though...

Elite Member

this is good news lol
    i happen to adore white chocolate myself..i think we used to have it lots when i was a kid *must stop thinking abt. fattening food*

Thread Information