Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How attached are you to your animals?

Default How attached are you to your animals?

I had to drop my 5 month old lab off at the Vet this morning to get spayed..and i hate to admit it..but i cried when i walked out!! I cant wait to go and get her tomorrow...i miss her so much already! Does anyone else do this?? How attached are you to your animals?
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I have a black cat named Spooky. Her birthday is, swear to god, Halloween. She turns 16 next week. The thought of losing her, which obviously will probably be soon, makes me absolutely mental. I cannot even consider it. I refuse to. I will be an absolute mess.

I also have cried dropping her off at the vets. Just love that damn cat you know??

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I have a black cat named Spooky. Her birthday is, swear to god, Halloween. She turns 16 next week. The thought of losing her, which obviously will probably be soon, makes me absolutely mental. I cannot even consider it. I refuse to. I will be an absolute mess.

I also have cried dropping her off at the vets. Just love that damn cat you know??

Lynnie, I have a black cat named Jasmine, and I estimate her birthday as Halloween too! She'll be 10 - she's an ornery old thing, but I think I'd cry if anything happened to her too!
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Lynnie, I have a black cat named Jasmine, and I estimate her birthday as Halloween too! She'll be 10 - she's an ornery old thing, but I think I'd cry if anything happened to her too!
    AWESOME!!!! Spooky was a stray, so I don't know for SURE that her birthday is Halloween, but its definitely very close to it too (per vet).
    And Spooky is quite ornery too. And as jittery and spooked as a cat could possibly be---hence her name. She still runs around like a kitten and wants to play and go out and have fun......cats rule.

I just dropped my babies off this morning at the vet. wah! They are getting declawed -NO flaming please, this is my personal choice. My vet is sooooo awesome, she let me sit and hold them and snuggle them for a bit before I left. I love those kitties more than I thought possible..and I am missing them so much. Vet just called an hour ago to tell me they are done with surgery and resting. I can't get them til tomorrow at 12...tonight is going to be rough sleeping without them.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

^^Are they getting big Algernon?? It was hard when I dropped my boys off too for the declaw/neutering. I was used to them snuggling up by my head at night. Now they're big oafs - They're just over 7 months old and they're as big as my 10 yr old fat-cat!
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Mine are 3 months old. They'll be getting the snip-snip when they are 6 months old. My vet highly recommended getting the declaw as soon as possible. She said they bounce back much more quickly and don't feel as much pain. I think I may post more pics of them on the thread I made about them...they are getting big! They were weighed today...Pixel is 4 pounds, Biscuit is 5 pounds.

And they snuggle up to my head, too! Actually, they nest in my hair and get all tangled in it. Seems they get rowdy at about 3 am and wake me up, every night. Just like real babies, lol. But god, I love going to sleep with thier loud purring in my ear. They are the most loving little kitties I've ever had.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

I have had animals all my life until I moved out on my own. I was lucky enough to have a kind, caring, Grandfather who took in every stray that came along. I have been there for the birth of kittens, puppies, cows, horses, pigs, etc.

I have cried when everyone of them died. Even when my mother called me long distance and I hadn't seen my pet for about 6 months. I have nursed and sadly, put down 2 cats. Hardest thing I had to do. I couldn't do it with my beloved cat of 17yrs. My Mom had to hold her while she peacefully left this world.

Right now I have 1 cat! I wish I had more but my son has allergies. I took her in from a couple who were divorcing. Poor thing had been declawed and can never go outside but she seems happy with her special window seat. Back to the question, yes, I am very much attached.

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    She turns 16 next week. The thought of losing her, which obviously will probably be soon, makes me absolutely mental. I cannot even consider it. I refuse to. I will be an absolute mess.

My old lady cat is 14, or thereabouts. Not sure exactly as she was a stray I took in, and the vet said she was six to 12 months old. She was missing about a third of her teeth and had probably been hit by a car, poor love, and couldn't find her way back home.

I absolutely adore her, and if she didn't snore so much these days and keep the fat lad awake, I'd let her sleep in our bed under the duvet every night. As it is, whenever he's away, that's where she'll be, snoring and snuffling her little fluffy heart out.

And I know what you mean about the vets - I have trouble talking to the vet about her, I get choked up even if they are telling me she's fine.

I have another cat too, and whilst I love her it isn't the same as with the old lady.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

I have a cat that is 10 and the though of losing him is really too much to even think about.

He sleeps with me, follows me everywhere in the house, waits for me at the door when I drive up the driveway and meows "mama" I SWEAR HE DOES!!

Quote Originally Posted by silver024 View Post
    I had to drop my 5 month old lab off at the Vet this morning to get spayed..and i hate to admit it..but i cried when i walked out!! I cant wait to go and get her tomorrow...i miss her so much already! Does anyone else do this?? How attached are you to your animals?
    Is that your lab in your avatar??? So cute! Dont you have a yellow lab also?

I am VERY attatched to my animals.
    Boom, I got your boyfriend, boom I got your man.

<<yes, thats my little girl in my avatar...shes black with yellow brindle..cutest thing ever...and we have 2 yellows and another black..shes the only female so it was kind of an obvious choice on getting her fixed...i called the vet around 3...she did very well in surgery and shes awake..i can pick her up anytime tomorrow..so i asked the boss if i could get out at noon and she said yes!! i cant wait to get her!!

its so nice to know other people are as crazy as i am when it comes to animals!!
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Silver are your males fixed? I have a 10 month old male that is not fixed yet and he is causing all kinds of drama!
    Boom, I got your boyfriend, boom I got your man.

Elite Member

I love my kitties most of the time. There are days when I seriously have to stop and think who I would save in a fire, my cats or my hubby, after I get the kids out. But there are days that they just drive me soo crazy, I'm ready to FedEx them to the nearest cat-eating country.

Lil

^^LOL! My husband's on his own. He's too heavy for me to carry, and anyway he can operate door handles.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information