Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Spinach recall is making my cat so sad!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Unhappy This Spinach recall is making my cat so sad!

OMG my 3 year old rescued from the streets male cat is so damn smart; I talk to him and treat him like a person unfortunetely I don't speak 'cat' and he doesn't always understand me except when i use his or his sister's name at high octaves or when scolding him. Anyhow so every morning normally when i've had enough $/got off my lazy ass to buy groceries i make my salad for lunch that day for work using organic boxed spinach (which is said doesnt have e. coli but i won't buy it to be safe) and my baby will rush into the kitchen and watch me and wait for me to rinse off 2 pieces and lay them on the floor where he'll grab one w/ his mouth and run off and chew on it, finish it and come get the other one. Anyways so for the last week he's been doing the same thing only I have no spinach to give him and it breaks my heart! He thinks I'm forgetting about him or something and I feel so bad. He'll jump up on the counter now in between our kitchen and living room thinking that I'll see him better if he does that and this morning while he was up there
    I tried to comfort him and tell him that he can eat off the plants i have growing on the balcony in the meantime like his sister does but again we don't speak the same language and I dont think he understood me my poor baby; he really needs his ruffage and this whole spinach debacle is ruining both our lives! I'll have to go out and get some lettuce today; hopefully that'll satisfy him in the meantime.
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; September 20th, 2006 at 01:15 PM.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

My Elmo eats lettuce, cabbage, sometimes cucumbers, too...
    I think he likes the icerburg lettuce cuz it's got a crunch to it. But for your cat maybe try something that looks more like spinach, greener salad leaf.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

yeah i'm gonna go out and get him some later; thnx for the advice! I dont want him to get constipated; afterall shitting is the most satisfying part of his day I believe

He even sings a sweet little meow-ing song right before he enters the boodahdome to do his business and he stays in there dancing w/ the sand for about 10 minutes afterward; never quite sure what he's doing but...thats why he's so special to me and his musky scent; I love burying my nose in his scruff (back of his furry neck) to smell him *borders on creepy cat-love*

[IMG]http://www.drsfostersmith.com/images...28722P_011.jpg[/IMG]
    not my cat; my cat is much bigger like a small dog and jet-black in colour!

That is the cutest and saddest little kitty cat story! Maybe try some kind of greens, like a collard or kale.

Aww.....Alices kitty is sad!! Try those 'Field of Greens' maybe?? He'll probably know its not the same though..

^ I know he's gonna be bummed when i get home w/ plain ole' lettuce

poor thing too; his sister is a lot older and no fun to play w/ so he often has no one to play w/ b/c he doesnt like how i play w/ him cause i'm not as small as them and cant' run around and through the same things they do (like behind the t.v. or on the kitchen table chairs) and plus i get bored/tired of it too . I'm gonna get him another male friend i think....

have you tried using a laser pointer? my MIL's cat loves it, especially if you turn off the lights so he can see the red dot better.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

^ i kno i have used that but he's so smart that he gets tired of it after awhile b/c i think he realizes its not a real object and he sees me doing it from my lazy perch on the couch and gets all disinfranchised.. but yea he likes it thnx!

Aww, poor spinach baby. Get him some romaine lettuce or something.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by moncherie View Post
    have you tried using a laser pointer? my MIL's cat loves it, especially if you turn off the lights so he can see the red dot better.
    Elmo's a dog but he has so much fun chasing the red dot! He runs around so fast, too. I also used to play hide and seek with him but he has separation anxiety so it just kinda made him freak out.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Pool little Elmo, him gets lonely! He so cute! I'd love to hug that sweet baby boy!

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Elmo's a dog but he has so much fun chasing the red dot! He runs around so fast, too. I also used to play hide and seek with him but he has separation anxiety so it just kinda made him freak out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcKOQrz19Yg&search=leg

that reminded me of this video (pardon if it's been posted before)

Edit to add: I didn't know cats ate greens!! But then I've never been a cat person.
    Last edited by Corsair; September 21st, 2006 at 05:44 PM. Reason: add comment to attempt stay on topic!
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

You could get him some cat grass, Alice. You can buy a little starter plant so he has some to eat right away, and it grows really quickly once you plant it. My kitty is a big fan.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

^ i kno; i should! good idea, they'll finish it in about 1.2 seconds knowing my lil pigglets.

never knew cats ate spinach. You learn something new everyday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information