• 1 Post By Trixie
  • 1 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 2 Post By greysfang
  • 2 Post By Trixie
  • 3 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 1 Post By Trixie

Thread: Miranda Lambert Random Genero$ity Goes a Long Way

Thumbs up Miranda Lambert Random Genero$ity Goes a Long Way

Miranda Lambert's playing fairy godmother to a bunch of dogs and cats desperately seeking homes ... and they're finding 'em thanks to ML's surprise donation.

The country star gifted a few thousand dollars to Scituate Animal Shelter in Plymouth County, Massachusetts. It might not sound like a lot, but executive director Maryann Regan tells us Miranda's donation is allowing them to waive adoption fees, and that's getting a lot more people in the door to find pets.

The unexpected boost to biz was set in motion when Maryann was sifting through her mail back in March when she happened upon a letter and certificate personally signed by Miranda.

The letter was from Miranda's MuttNation Foundation ... a nonprofit the Grammy winner co-founded with her mom 10 years ago to promote the adoption of shelter animals. It also donates money and other resources to well-run shelters.

Scituate is a first-time recipient of Miranda's generosity, and Maryann says they earmarked the donation to help increase adoptions during the summer, which is typically when shelters are most packed.

Maryann says during summer time the shelter's lucky if it can get 2 animals into forever homes a day -- however they're tripling that rate, thanks in large part to Miranda's donation which eliminates fees ranging from $100 to $250. The special kicked off last week and runs through next week.
    And they call it puppy, and kitty, love ...

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/11/miran...nimal-shelter/
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I don't like her but I may now have to start.
    twitchy2.0 and ConstanceSpry like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^ *sigh* First, Katherine Heigl, now Miranda Lambert.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thatís great and all, but having worked with an animal shelter, Iím surprised they didnít put her donation towards medical expenses for the animals. Thatís always a major cost to these rescues. Some of these rescues come in with all kinds of things wrong...not to mention the cost of basic spaying:neutering/de worming:flea treatment and vaccines.

But, bless Miranda for donating. I have a soft spot for her since sheís s Texas gal.

Miranda has always done this. Her dog rescue is about 15 years old now. But then I'm a huge fan of her music too. I'm secretly in awe of her messy AF private life. Kinda like Alexis Carrington Colby Dexter Colby. Diva bitch don't care.
    sprynkles and ConstanceSpry like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Other problems are....... the monsters that troll these places looking for animals for science research and of course bate animals...they use cats too. They often show up at free pet to a good home ads. My local county shelter does this at least once a month and I keep commenting there's got to be a better way.

^ Well, I assume/hope they still go through their normal vetting/application process whether they are charging adoption fees or not. Not just handing a free animal to anyone who shows up.
    Bluebonnet and Nevan like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Well, I assume/hope they still go through their normal vetting/application process whether they are charging adoption fees or not. Not just handing a free animal to anyone who shows up.
    Yes. Most of these rescue places are VERY thorough. When I adopted a cat from a shelter a few years ago, I had to go through this long application process, provide 3 references, get interviewed by the foster AND the head of the organization. I am so glad they did and still do that!
    Trixie, Nevan and Witchywoman like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^ And a vet check. To make sure your other pets are/have been spayed and neutered, vaccinated, heartworm meds etc. Several years ago when I picked up my pup at a shelter, they were telling a guy that his application had been denied because his other dogs weren't fixed.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ And a vet check. To make sure your other pets are/have been spayed and neutered, vaccinated, heartworm meds etc. Several years ago when I picked up my pup at a shelter, they were telling a guy that his application had been denied because his other dogs weren't fixed.
    Yep. Unaltered animals can sometimes be aggressive towards other animals. Plus, it speaks to the human's commitment to being responsible. (Unless he was a dog breeder and bred and raised pedigrees....that's altogether different. But even then, they get them spayed/neutered after around 4 years old.)
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Thread Information