• 4 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 5 Post By yanna
  • 3 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 2 Post By Trixie

Thread: "Next time your pair of underwear goes missing, just ask for Mo."

Default "Next time your pair of underwear goes missing, just ask for Mo."

Look what the cat dragged in: Cat burglar's two-year reign of terror

31 Jan, 2018 5:00am

A neighbourhood despairing after a spate of thefts can now rest easy after the culprit was caught red-handed - it's Mo the cat burglar.Mt Eden resident and cat owner Ed Williams was alarmed when his girlfriend came home one night to find women's underwear at the foot of his bed."She wondered what the hell was going on and I couldn't give her an answer. She was like 'Yeah, right!'", Williams told the Herald."We blamed the flatmates as a bit of a mishap."We then found a bra a couple of weeks later in the back garden and again, that was hard to explain to my girlfriend."Stray underwear soon turned into a full outfit, and before Williams knew it he had a box full of clothes that wasn't his.With suspicions high and the neighbourhood on edge after the thefts, Williams soon caught his moggy cat Mo in the act.

"We saw Mo run across the road with a T-shirt in his mouth. We put two and two together that it was actually Mo bringing all the clothes over."We've had him for two years and it's been happening since day one."During a two-year period, Mo had swiped up to five boxes' worth of clothing from the neighbourhood.

In May 2017, Williams outed his fur baby as neighbours speculated where their missing clothes had gone to and who the "perverted thief" was stealing all the underwear."Our cat is literally mental. Instead of bringing back dead birds, mice and other wildlife, Mo decides to bring home underwear and clothing, stolen from the neighbours' washing lines," Williams posted to Facebook."This is the THIRD haul of this size so far, and growing by the day ... Thank you for your service, kind sir!!"Four months later with no 'paw-lice' in sight, Mo was back at it, terrorising the clotheslines of Mt Eden.As the haul of underwear and other clothing items grew, it was time for Williams' second public service announcement.

"With it being the start of summer..... And people having clothes on lines drying, Mo has started his new neighbourhood scour of underwear," Williams posted in October."We currently have a small selection of garments, but with more to come, undoubtedly. Mo is the king of the underwear theivery - will update as to his hauls as it happens."Mo's stash included Calvin Klein underwear, lingerie, as well as numerous T-shirts, pants, socks and undies.Fast forward to January 2018, and Mo's thieving paws had been up to no good again, reaching his fifth box load of clothes."It's been a busy month for my cat Mo! This is now the FIFTH box load of clothing he's retrieved from the local neighbourhood - all collected since I left Auckland at the start of December... I think he's actually getting better at this!!?"Gotta love the big grey t-shirt - 'property of heavy lifting' printed on the front. So apt!!"Good work mo!!!! (to my neighbour, if u see any of your clothing here, please pop around and collect it, as I literally have no idea where it all comes from... But I'm sure some will be yours - apologies for the inconvenience, but it is hella funny, innit?)"

During Mo's two-year terror of Mt Eden, residents have shown up to Williams' door justifiably frustrated."The neighbours are a bit annoyed. We've had a couple of people come around fairly irrate," Williams told the Herald."They've grown to love him after two years but they have to chase him off their property."He's pinching [clothing] off the clothesline during summer. So if anything is missing they know it's likely to be Mo so they come around and claim them."As soon as anyone puts anything up outside it's up for grabs, according to Mo."Will Mo's reign of terror come to an end?Williams doesn't seem to think so."He loves living with us. Maybe he just wants to reward us."Next time your pair of underwear goes missing, just ask for Mo.

Pictures of Mo and his haul at the source: Look what the cat dragged in: Cat burglar's two-year reign of terror - NZ Herald
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Mo needs to be neutered.

HAHAHAHAH! I saw "Mo" and I thought it was our Mo. Kinda bummed that it's not.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Aww, he looks exactly like my cat.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Aww, he looks exactly like my cat.
    I would kill to have a Siamese cat. Not so much the random underwear, though.

When I was a kid, my grandmother had a Siamese named Kim that would sleep with my every night when she visited. It even would stand at the top of the stairs at night and meow for me to come to bed. I've got pictures of it sleeping at my feet. [Sniffle, sniffle]

Sorry to all you Siamese lovers, but those cats are weird. A friend from college had one and she was always jumping into the roommates' dressers, stealing their socks and chewing them up. She chewed a giant hole in another friend's nice sweater. The cat had a litter of kittens and they were all born deformed. I think there were 4 of them. My friend went away for spring break and I told her I'd check on them. When I did, all the kittens were gone. GONE. Presumably died and Miss Sassy ate them.

My friend later got another Siamese who ate all the tinsel off the Christmas tree and had to have abdominal surgery because all that stuff was twisted around her intestines.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'd be afraid my neighbors would murder my cat if I made such news public.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    HAHAHAHAH! I saw "Mo" and I thought it was our Mo. Kinda bummed that it's not.
    Whaat? I'm super relieved that our Mo isn't going around stealing people's underwear!!

Edit to add: Not all Siamese are weird! My Valeria was the sweetest kitten ever. She went on to keep company to my two spinster aunts and she had the best life. And she gave so much love. Didn't eat anyone's socks

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Sorry to all you Siamese lovers, but those cats are weird. A friend from college had one and she was always jumping into the roommates' dressers, stealing their socks and chewing them up. She chewed a giant hole in another friend's nice sweater. The cat had a litter of kittens and they were all born deformed. I think there were 4 of them. My friend went away for spring break and I told her I'd check on them. When I did, all the kittens were gone. GONE. Presumably died and Miss Sassy ate them.
    I like them BECAUSE they are weird. I especially like the super-long, thin Siamese. I love the attitude. I love the deep-sounding meows.

Even though I'm not in the market for a cat, I take my kids to the animal shelter periodically. If I ever saw a Siamese in there, I would probably put myself on the list to adopt it. By the way, my brother had two Siamese-related breeds (Ragdolls) that he adopted from shelters. They were gorgeous, mellow animals. My kids loved them. They both died young from things like cancer and an intestinal issue. My parents had a Himalayan that my aunt gave to my mom. It was basically a white persian with a little Siamese mixed in. A little Siamese goes a LONG way in a breed. That cat had a lot of attitude. But my dad loved and doted on it. Good times!
    lindsaywhit, Brookie and Trixie like this.

I hear ya. I feel the same way about border collies. Some people can't handle them but they're so smart and quirky and I love that.

Re the Siamese, I was half-joking, but I guess that one ruined them for me. That cat was sneaky and evil lol.

I love the look of the Ragdolls and Himalayans but I've never been around them so I don't know what their personalities are like. I did have what my vet called a "mutt siamese" cat. She was feral that we trapped from my uncle's barn and we did manage to get her to semi-feral but that's about it. She was really pretty, with the siamese light blue eyes and tabby markings on her face. She was affectionate with us but didn't play well with the other cats and preferred to live off the land I guess. She would disappear for a period and then show up at our door. Then she didn't show up anymore. I did manage to get her spayed (and found out afterwards that she was pregnant at the time) so at least I spared the world a bunch more feral unwanted kittens and Chelsea had a place to call home when she wanted one.
    lindsaywhit and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information