Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Not Healthy For Your Dogs....

Default Not Healthy For Your Dogs....

Per word on the street (AKA Facebook).

A lady took this picture at her vets office the other day.. Good to know!

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I believe it. They put absolute garbage into pet food. My cat was fat from his favorite dry food Kitten Kaboodle or whatever it's called. The first ingredient was corn or some grain. I put him on a meat and veggie dry food, which he loves and he trimmed right down. It was kind of amazing. I have to wonder about all the dog and cat cancers? The crappy food they have out there might have something to do with it. Just like the crappy food we have.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I never paid much attention to the ingredients (Yeah, I sound like that "Blue Buffalo" commercial) and thought people who spent alot of money on pet food were just snobs (unless their pet had special dietary needs). Then I got a Ragdoll cat and they are so muscular and need lots of protein with low carbs, because they are also super docile and don't exercise much.

I haven't bought anything with grain or whatever God-knows-what they put in most of the cheaper foods.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I switched over to my vet-recommended foods when my border collie developed a skin condition which the vet thought might be due to food allergies. Everything cleared up, and another upside, he lost weight. He's elderly now, so his legs aren't that great so he didn't need that extra weight. And we didn't have to starve or deprive him, just switched foods.

The bad part, the Mr. still buys those crappy treats shown in the picture even though I've told him they're doggie junk food.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I’ve never used any of those except the Beggin Strips, which she didn’t even like much. She liked poultry.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

My dog loves dentisticks and I didn't see them on there so we're good.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Greenies are supposed to be the healthiest. My vet told me that. I give them to my couch potato cat and they clean his teeth, too.

Witchywoman likes this.

SHELLEE and sprynkles like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Aww thanks BITTER. Do you have any fur babies?
    BITTER likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^^I did with my ex, SHELLEE. Once we made dog treats from ground turkey, corn meal, rice and broth. Baked it in the oven for 45 minutes, let it cool then cut it into squares. They loved it. I believe in chemical-free foods for pets; homemade seems the best, since so many commercial brands have so much crap in them as sprynkles and others have mentioned.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

My husband's family had dogs his whole life and never once bought dog food. The dog ate what the family ate. Table food only. They were a meat and potato family and that is what their dog ate.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I actually have one of these...somewhere. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

SHELLEE and Beeyotch like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

My little beast gets treats from his monthly Bark Box and from a dog bakery in our area. Trying to get him on healthier food is a pain in the ass, his turns his noses up at the Ziggners Fish blend food, doesn't like coconut oil for his dry skin and spit out the little Life Source bits in the Blue Buffalo food
    sprynkles likes this.

In 2011 my darling sweet dog developed seizures....cluster seizures. It's horrible. She's on the heavy drugs but I also started watching the labels. No grains no rosemary and she started having much less. Within 2 years she was off her meds. Hurray. Then she developed pancreatitis and after that total hell, I STARTED MAKING ALL THEIR MEALS. I fill a crockpot with all organic chicken, sweet potatoes, spinach and a little of this and that. The next week I will use turkey and switch it up some. I purchase most of my ingredients at Costco. Her sister started with some skin issues and also did well with a home cooked meal. I make their treats from pumpkin, peanut butter, carrots, apple sauce. I also love making them homemade organic chunky applesauce.

I got a new puppy last year.. Cowboy

^ that puppy is so cute my brain hurts looking at it
    SHELLEE, fgg, Bluebonnet and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information