Like Tree16Likes
  • 5 Post By *Wookie-Chick*
  • 4 Post By Serendipity
  • 2 Post By Sleuth
  • 4 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By sprynkles

Thread: Brawling Koala's don't care if hoomans are late for work ;)

Elite Member

Default Brawling Koala's don't care if hoomans are late for work ;)

'Only in Australia': Koalas hold up traffic with vicious wrestling match

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/only-in-australia-koalas-hold-up-traffic-with-vicious-wrestling-match/ar-BBH7ZXJ?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=

9News.com.au
    2 hrs ago

A pair of koalas have been caught in the middle of a wrestling match, in the middle of a South Australian road.

A woman driving along a road in Stirling, Adelaide Hills, was forced to come to a stop as the koalas had it out on the asphalt.

The scuffle may have made her late to work, but it at least gave Marguerite Smith a chance to pull out her phone and film the bizarre sight, and share it to Facebook.

“So whilst a lot of you are battling Xmas traffic have a look at what held me up today! Only in Australia!!!” she wrote.

In the video Ms Smith honks her horn at the koalas several times in an attempt to get them to move along, to no avail.

“How am I going to get to work?” she is heard saying.

“What am I going to do?”

Further along a motorcyclist and their passenger pulls over and turn on their hazard lights to watch the wild fight.

Tufts of fur are seen flying from the creatures as they struggle.

At 9am the clip had been watched 4.9 million times in just 18 hours, and the viewers had plenty to say about it.

“Even when they are being savage they are still that cute,” one woman wrote.

“It’s the crazy season. Probs fighting over a car spot,” another quipped.

“They sleep like 23 hours a day. now I know what they do with that one hour. Beat a--,” one man observed.

“True Aussie spirit, bloody classic,” a fourth person added.

https://www.facebook.com/margerites/...7434089683644/

That's the most adorable fight I've ever seen.

This is where I live. I don't know what's going on but I've never seen so many koalas along the road in the last few weeks. I hear them often at night, sounding like creatures from the pits of hell, but usually don't see them during the day. Maybe it's the weird weather we're having, summer has only shown it's head a few times even though we're almost a third of the way through it. It's been like winter a few times. These guys look adorable but can be mean as fuck.

ETA: the motorcyclist is turning his headlights on to warn traffic to slow down, not because he just wants to watch. It's just what we do up here, we're very protective of our wildlife.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

That was great footage and Im sure her boss was very understanding. Koalas are pyschotic bastards though, they weren’t even phased by the humans or the horn just intent on beating the shit out of each other.
    twitchy2.0 and sprynkles like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Oh man, that Ozzy Man Reviews is hilarious. I had to subscribe.
    OrangeSlice likes this.

Thread Information