• 1 Post By Mrs P
  • 5 Post By funky_chicken
  • 2 Post By Kittylady
  • 6 Post By VeraGemini
  • 3 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 4 Post By Kittylady
  • 7 Post By Mivvi21
  • 4 Post By Bluebonnet

Thread: Senior Kitties Abandoned at A Shelter By A Selfish Woman!!!

Default Senior Kitties Abandoned at A Shelter By A Selfish Woman!!!

This makes me so freakin' mad! Heifer needs to kick the man out and keep the cats. Anyway, I''m posting this so we can all "hate" on this woman. Choosing a damn man over her cats that she's had for 16 years!!!! This is shared from Austin Siamese Rescue. Maybe we can get the word out and some unselfish, loving person or family will take these cats in.

Heartbroken

These two kitties are at an area vet living his one of his kennels. Here is their story.

From The Boys:

We miss our lady. She rescued me, I'm Biscuits, when I was a baby, and Iím 16 now. As soon as I saw her, I started making biscuits on her arm. I knew she was the one for me. Later she rescued Gravy too, and we raised him. Life was good for a long time.

Weíre at the vet now. I heard people say that sheís not coming back because The Man doesnít want us any more. Thatís really scary.
    I donít know why he doesnít want us. Iím really friendly. I love everybody. Well, Iím not sure about The Man any more.
    I have to find a home because I have to take care of Gravy. Heís younger, you know. I'm a cat who likes belly rubs, toys, being brushed, and a nice bed in the sun with my friend Gravy. We're TV-trained: if you sit down to watch a show, we'll be right there in your lap to help you. I purr a lot, especially if you let me sleep on your bed, right next to you, just like I did with my lady.
    I'm not asking for a forever home, just one that lasts for Gravyís and my lives. Gravy used to follow Mom everywhere, now we're both in this cage. He is so sad. Can you write to Norma at nhkelvin@austin.rr.com She'll help us get to you.

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

The picture of the top kitty made me cry.
    Karma likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I was wondering what happened to Gravy until I realized that was someone's hand.

I can't comprehend how someone could have a cat for 16 years and give them up like that. For a man. If he hates cats, then he's obviously not worth having a relationship with.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post

I can't comprehend how someone could have a cat for 16 years and give them up like that. For a man. If he hates cats, then he's obviously not worth having a relationship with.
    Exactly!!!!! It infuriates me!!!!! She clearly is one of "those" who has no self-esteem and her worth is wrapped up in a dickhead. I'm sorry, but for him to expect her to get rid of the cats that she's had that long, pisses me off.

My motto: LOVE ME. LOVE MY CAT.

Elite Member

Oh my goodness.. how on earth could anyone do that to their furry family members?

What is that motto?..Never trust a person who doesn't like animals.

It shouldn't have even been an issue... kick the 'boyfriend' to the curb as soon as she found out he didn't like animals!

i wish the beautiful 'furry boys' all the very best and hope they find a forever home very soon.

Pets are not bargaining chips. I'd take 'em in.
    Bluebonnet and Mivvi21 like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

We chose furkids over kids. I hate my brothers that pick up "cute" dogs, when they have kids, and then can't take care of the dogs and take them down to the freaking kill shelter. My poor dad is 70 years old and tries to find no kill shelters for the dogs. But like wtf, don't buy something you can't provide properly for and be there until a natural end?
    Karma likes this.

Update: they both are adopted! I'm so happy for them. I hope their former owner will be miserable with her new man.

Update: 9/28/2017 -
    These two boys have found a new life and a new home. Thank you to Becky Preslar-Smith and her husband. Becky was one of the first to respond and as a former ASR adopter, we know that these two will have the soft landing that they needed.
    -

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'll admit that I left my older cats behind when I moved in with Bloke - BUT!!! I had got them with my Bestie/housemate during the many, many years we shared a place and I couldn't bring myself to leave him totally alone, without even the cats we both loved and I couldn't make them move to a new place with someone who was a stranger to them. I see them at least four or five times a week and and they are still my girls. Hell, I even send them a picture postcard when I visit new places and talk to them on the phone! (Yes, I really am that much of a deranged Crazy Cat Lady).

But to dump your furbabies at a shelter because your new man doesn't like them? Unforgivable. The man doesn't like 'em and says they have to go? Huge red flag. Find a new man.
    Bluebonnet and Sassiness like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I had two cats when I got married. They came from the same litter, but they could not have been more different in appearance and temperament. One was a big, muscular, 15lbs tabby, that was very... submissive, I guess is the word. Her sister was a tiny, wiry, 5lbs black & white bundle of the most vocal and ALPHA cat you have ever met. Ex husband was never overtly cruel to the cats - because he knew I would kick his ass - but he treated big quiet kitty much better than tiny kitty, whom he refused to pet or allow on the couch when he was sitting there, because he felt tiny kitty didn't like him and was "challenging his authority". (In retrospect, he was right.)

One day, ex hubs is lying in bed, naked, under a thin sheet, when the family jewels start shifting around of their own accord. Tiny kitty comes flying in out of nowhere, and sinks her claws into the "mouse" under the sheets. Ex lets out a high pitched shriek that could wake the dead, that gets me running to the bedroom from downstairs. I find ex crouched in the corner, clutching the sheet, which had tiny drops of blood on it, to him, and Tiny Kitty sitting in the middle of the bed, licking her paws.

Tiny Kitty turned out to be a much better judge of character than I was. Ex was a no good, dirty rotten low down rat bastard son of a bitch. I should have listened to Tiny.

Post script: Big Kitty and Tiny Kitty both lived to a ripe old cat age (18 and 17 respectively), and my relationship with them outlasted my relationship with the ex.

I'm going to hate the guy more than the woman who got rid of the cats. She's gotten herself into an abusive relationship, whether she realizes it yet or not.
    Nevan, Trixie and Kittylady like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    Tiny Kitty turned out to be a much better judge of character than I was. Ex was a no good, dirty rotten low down rat bastard son of a bitch. I should have listened to Tiny.

Post script: Big Kitty and Tiny Kitty both lived to a ripe old cat age (18 and 17 respectively), and my relationship with them outlasted my relationship with the ex.
    We should always listen to our pets. My old gal Tessie absolutely detested Psycho Ex. She'd hear his noisy old motorbike coming from half a mile away and get up from wherever she was sleeping to go and sit in the front window so she could hiss and spit at him. She was a little thing as well, but she ruled the other four cats with an iron paw. I saw her take them all on at once and beat every one of them down before washing herself in the most genteel way ever. I still miss that beautiful, evil little cunt.

ETA: Another story about listening to your cat. A friend's cat hated her mister and would go out of its way to make sure he knew it, including shitting on the guy's games console, eating his weed and pissing on anything that he left out. The cat was right - the guy was a sleaze who hit on anything with a vagina behind his girlfriend's back.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I don't trust anyone who doesn't like animals, and if some asshole tried to make me choose between him or my cats, he isn't going to like my answer. My pets are my children, so anyone who doesn't like them can go die in a ditch somewhere.
    Last edited by Mivvi21; October 31st, 2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    We should always listen to our pets. My old gal Tessie absolutely detested Psycho Ex. She'd hear his noisy old motorbike coming from half a mile away and get up from wherever she was sleeping to go and sit in the front window so she could hiss and spit at him. She was a little thing as well, but she ruled the other four cats with an iron paw. I saw her take them all on at once and beat every one of them down before washing herself in the most genteel way ever. I still miss that beautiful, evil little cunt.

ETA: Another story about listening to your cat. A friend's cat hated her mister and would go out of its way to make sure he knew it, including shitting on the guy's games console, eating his weed and pissing on anything that he left out. The cat was right - the guy was a sleaze who hit on anything with a vagina behind his girlfriend's back.
    I used to work with a woman who said her cat would act weird even if her a-hole boyfriend called her on the phone. It's like the cat knew it was him on the other end of the line and was NOT happy about it. Sure enough, this guy was a total loser manipulator.

I had a cat who hated one of my drunk ass relatives. Everytime they would come over and wouldn't even be THAT drunk, he would hide or piss on something of their's.

Also, the same cat who hated drunk people, was super intuitive about me. I had major surgery and this cat, who normally would jump on my stomach when I was watching TV, suddenly, stopped doing that when I was recuperating from surgery. He would gently get on my lap by sliding down my shoulders so as not to touch where my incision was. As soon as I was healed, he went back to jumping right on my stomach.

Cats rule!!

VeraGemini, Mivvi21, Karma and 1 others like this.

Thread Information