Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Robert Irwin on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon...He's STEVE MADE OVER!

Default Robert Irwin on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon...He's STEVE MADE OVER!

Little Baby Bob is 13 now and was on Jimmy Fallon the other night. He's so much like Steve! His enthusiasm and love for the animals melts my heart.

I miss Steve Irwin! He was a true crusader for the rights and protection of wild animals.

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Paging Grimmlock...
    Air Quotes, LaFolie and twitchy2.0 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

He's very articulate as well. This kid's smart.
    twitchy2.0, Fran2 and Bluebonnet like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Paging Grimmlock...
    ??
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    ??
    Steve Irwin dead...

I still stand by my response to his death:

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I'm not gonna change my opinion about him because he's dead: I couldn't and can't stand the guy. I hated the way he spoke, that awful accent and I didn't like how he sometimes handled the animals on his show. They just showed a scene on TV after the incident where he fed a huge croc with his one month old son Bob on his arm. He later put the infant on his tiny feet and humped him around as if he were walking. Even if there hadn't been a croc in the same pen, he'd still be handling a 1 month old infant - his own - way too roughly. He said the child would only have been in danger if there had been an earthquake, the ground would have moved and have caused him to trip and fall into the croc's mouth..... If I'd zap through the channels and come across a commercial on Animal Planet I'd see what show was on. If it was him, I'd zap on, if it weren't I might stay and watch.

Having said the above, I'm deeply sorry for those left behind, his wife and especially his children who are only 8 and 2 years old. And his parents. It always is extra hard when parents survive their children. R.I.P.
    And I still stand by my comment on the first memorial show after his death, when his young daughter Bindi was pimped to keep the legacy going:
    I just caught the most disgusting flash of a memorial program by
    the outrageously pimped Bindi about her "daddy". The poor thing
    was even made to sing a ludicrous "sweet" song for the opening
    about herself and her daddy. God, how far can one go to pimp
    out one's own flesh and blood for the big ole dollar. She's commenting
    on her own birth..... because that practically happened in front of
    the cameras, too. She's a scary kid, but mostly because she's
    been totally programmed from day one.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

He is much more, um, trying to be nice, but he is a LOT more reserve and mostly likely a lot more intelligent than his dad. I didn't want to be mean, but I just don't see Bob doing anything insane. I'm still in shock he's 13. Time flies.
    Bluebonnet and ConstanceSpry like this.

I just watched the clip and I'm sorry, he's a nice kid, but it's just not normal. No 13-year-old talks like this. The child has been conditioned but from so early on that to him it is normal. It's sad really, but he knows no better so he's not harmed by it, too much.

***** celeb

I agree he's been groomed by his mom to be the second coming of Steve, complete with the over-the-top speech and mannerisms. As was Bindi, but at least she had some memories of her dad. Bob was only two so it's unlikely he remembers him at all. I'm just picturing him being shown tapes of Steve over and over so he can be like Steve. As long as that's what HE wants, it's ok I suppose, but he's just a kid. And my impression of Terri Irwin has always been major stage mother pushing those kids to keep Steve's "legacy" going.

Oh, and speaking of grooming, at least they finally got rid of that awful bowl haircut he always sported.

HWBL and twitchy2.0 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I just watched the clip and I'm sorry, he's a nice kid, but it's just not normal. No 13-year-old talks like this. The child has been conditioned but from so early on that to him it is normal. It's sad really, but he knows no better so he's not harmed by it, too much.
    They do own/run the Australia Zoo, don't they? Animal conservation is all these kids have known. But yeah. I'm sure Terri has groomed them but then again, maybe doing what their dad did makes them feel closer to him. It's their way of dealing with not having a father. And I'm curious as to why Terri hasn't re married. It's understandable if she doesn't want to. I've read more than once where she said Steve was the love of her life. My grandmother was widowed at 39 and she never re married because she said she couldn't love anyone like she loved my grandfather.

^Did you click the link to the thread about Steve Irwin's death? If you scroll down in it, you'll see links to related threads, some of which were about Terri's pimping out her kids, Steve's father quitting the zoo and her post Steve relations.........

***** celeb

^Did you click the link to the thread about Steve Irwin's death? If you scroll down in it, you'll see links to related threads, some of which were about Terri's pimping out her kids, Steve's father quitting the zoo and her post Steve relations.........
    Ah! Interesting! I'm going to go read that.

ETA: Wait, she was/is dating Russell Crowe? I had no idea!

Terri Irwin and Russell Crowe are 'preparing to go public with their relationship as they prepare to have a small and intimate WEDDING'

By Bianca La Cioppa For Daily Mail Australia
    PUBLISHED: 16:20 EST, 20 November 2016 | UPDATED: 19:12 EST, 20 November 2016

15kshares
    465View comments

They were romantically linked to one another earlier this year before their representatives shut down the reports.
    Now, New Idea bizarrely claim Terri Irwin and Russell Crowe - both aged 52 - are talking marriage as their alleged relationship heats up.
    According to the magazine, the pair are set to go public with their romance because the mother-of-two 'doesn't want to hide it any longer'.
    Scroll down for video

+7

Tying the knot? Terri Irwin and Russell Crowe are set to walk down the aisle with the pair reportedly organising a 'small and intimate' wedding with one another

A source close to Terri reportedly told the magazine: 'You can totally tell they're into each other and have been for a very long time.

'Obviously Russ has been through a lot of pain because of how much he loved Danielle and Terri relates to that because she's struggled to find anyone who's matched up to Steve.

'This is a big reason they're so compatible - they're on the same wavelength about never expecting to find true love again,' the source explained.

+7

+7

Over secrets: According to New Idea, the pair are set to go public with their romance because the mother-of-two 'doesn't want to hide it any longer'

They added the couple have spoken about tying the knot in a 'small and intimate' wedding in late 2018.
    An Australian Zoo representative laughed off the rumours, telling Daily Mail Australia: 'All of these reports are completely false.
    'Terri and Russell are not dating and are certainly not planning a wedding.'

Daily Mail Australia has contacted a representative for Russell for comment.
    This isn't the first time the pair have been linked to one another.

• SHARE PICTURE

+7

In love? They added the couple have spoken about tying the knot in a 'small and intimate' wedding in late 2018

In May, New Idea again reported an 'insider close to the actor' claiming the couple were unable to 'fight their love any longer.'
    But at the time, an Australian Zoo spokesperson laughed off the reports, saying: 'She'll be flattered!
    'Russell Crowe is a long-time friend of the Irwin family and has been for many years, [but] the report that Terri and Russell are romantically linked is simply untrue.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4ZWRyf5Wh
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Well, it IS the Daily Fail so we can take this with a grain of salt.

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

it's just not normal. No 13-year-old talks like this.
    Not true. Many thirteen-year-old kids are not morons. Talk to one about some subject about which they are passionate and you'll get enthusiastic and articulate responses, and he's used to dealing with the public.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Now that is an odd pairing but...........hm, interesting? Could it work?

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Not true. Many thirteen-year-old kids are not morons. Talk to one about some subject about which they are passionate and you'll get enthusiastic and articulate responses, and he's used to dealing with the public.
    It has nothing to do with being morons. I know plenty of 13-year olds and their natural behavior, amongst each other and interacting with people of all ages. It's the constant "show and tell" mode the kid is in. It's unnatural.

***** celeb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information