Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 141st Westminster Dog Show

Default 141st Westminster Dog Show

Rumor, the German Shepherd wins! What a pretty girl!

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Much prettier than the other Rumor we know...

Rumor the German shepherd wins Best in Show prize at Westminster

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I love how she's looking at the ribbons like "Wtf is this? I can't eat this. Can I have a real treat?"
    Waterslide, Fran2, palta and 1 others like this.

She got to eat steak today at Sardi's.

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Yes! Now THAT makes it worth winning this dog show. Pretty girl, glad she enjoyed some steak.
    Waterslide likes this.

^I'd like to see a pic of her from the side, to see how much of a slope she has in her hindquarters. German Shepherds are my fave breed, but they have been bred to such extremes this is often the result:

The Old German Shepherd breed is trying to bring back the normal, straight, back again, so much better looking and healthier for the dogs, too.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I wonder if the extreme breeding has led to the high rate of hip dysplasia in them? Mama and Daddy Bunny had one and had to have it put down because of hip dysplasia. It was horrible watching our pup suffer. I really want one, but I am afraid that would happen again.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

^I don't know. Aside from the possible/obvious health issues, I think the sloping back is just terribly ugly. Makes the dog look like a mutant. At the dog park we go to, there's this one HUGE longhaired Old German Shepherd and it's gorgeous, with a beautiful straight back. Normal hind legs about the same height as the front legs. Gentle giant. Well, he appears a lot bigger than he is (which is not small or medium) but it's the GS's massive heads that make them appear much bigger than they are. This OGS is a dog and perhaps 1 inch taller than our Goldendoodle bitch, but because she kind of looks like a stuffed animal and the breeds that are in her (Golden Retriever and Standard Poodle) have much smaller heads, from a distance she looks much smaller.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    ^I'd like to see a pic of her from the side, to see how much of a slope she has in her hindquarters. German Shepherds are my fave breed, but they have been bred to such extremes this is often the result:

The Old German Shepherd breed is trying to bring back the normal, straight, back again, so much better looking and healthier for the dogs, too.

I watched the finals, the slope was comparable to that 2000's drawing above. The handler also had the dog stand exactly like the last picture, with the back legs looking like she was mid stride.

I love German Shepards, but I fell I love with the Norwich and Norfolk terriers. So danged cute!

I will never get that. Why would you want a dot to look like he can't walk properly, and on top of that, why do you want a breed with health problems? You don't need to be a vet to see how the back legs and hips will cause major problems later in their life. It's the same with many other breeds. Pugs and bulldogs who can't breath normally for example.
    LaFolie, JazzyGirl, HWBL and 1 others like this.
    -

I don't like the sloping back either. It looks like they are in pain. Why can't breeders just leave well enough alone?!
    robertmarilyn, HWBL and JazzyGirl like this.

There are other dogs who were changed for shows. I don't know breed names, but the Target dog's breed was changed. I don't remember the site I was on some years back, but there were many pictures of dogs who now look like mutants, but changed for show purposes. It's so sad, and some look deformed and in pain.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Bull terriers? For the Target dogs, I mean.

Bluebonnet likes this.

^^^ they are so ugly they are cute! One of my neighbors has one. Stocky, and built like a truck!

Yeah, not a breed I would choose, but like pits, almost every one I've met is adorable. I remember CharmedHour has bull terriers and they're so cute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information