• 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By Chalet
  • 1 Post By Kittylady
  • 1 Post By Bluebonnet

Thread: Stalker Rooster

Default Stalker Rooster

Rooster Loves To Creep Up On His Family When They Least Expect It

Every morning, a rooster rises from his perch on the couch, darts up two flights of stairs, hops on the bed and positions his head about 3 inches from the faces of the sleeping humans.
    Then he screams at them.

MR. P-BLIZZARD"He doesn't cockledoodledoo," Rara Subramanyan, his owner, tells The Dodo. "There is no doodle in it."

More like a roar.
    This morning drill is just one of the many joys of sharing a home with a rooster named Mr. p-Blizzard.
    It's a rooster's world. Subramanyan, her husband, Brian Kelly, their two children, three cats and a pug are only living in it.

MR. P-BLIZZARDAs far as supernaturally strange roosters go, p-Blizzard's origin story is as epic as the life he leads.

He was found under a car with no wheels in a junkyard. In the middle of a blizzard.
    Subramanyan and Kelly were driving home from a potluck dinner in November 2014, when they heard about a stray rooster through the animal rescue network with which they're involved.
    They stopped in Erin, a town just northwest of Toronto, Canada, where the bird had been last spotted. Then they asked a police officer in front of a nearby coffee shop if anyone had seen a rooster.
    "He was totally stunned by the question," Subramanyan recalls.
    Eventually, they were led to a broken-down car. Crouched beneath it was p-Blizzard. No one knows where he came from. Did he survive a fall from a passing truck? Was he a slaughterhouse fugitive?

MR. P-BLIZZARDThe only equipment the couple had with which to capture the rooster was a pair of oven mitts from the potluck dinner party.

"We scared him out of there and Brian ran after him with the oven mitts on and caught him and took him home," Subramanyan says.
    The legend of p-Blizzard began.
    "I asked Brian if we could keep him for a little while," she recalls. "Then I looked around wildly on the internet to see if anyone could keep a rooster. I found house roosters and that there are things called chicken diapers — and ordered them."
    Today, p-Blizzard sports a dazzling collection of diapers: lightning bolt diapers, flame diapers, cartoon diapers.
    They don't undermine his authority in the least.

MR. P-BLIZZARDIn fact, he may wear diapers, but it quickly became apparent p-Blizzard also wore the pants in the family.

Today, the rooster keeps the household to a sharp timetable and all of its occupants accountable.
    "He sleeps in the house and considers us his flock," Subramanyan explains. "He's only three-and-a-half pounds but has a lot of personality."

MR. P-BLIZZARDIn fact, p-Blizzard has at least 25 sounds he uses to communicate all his wishes.

"They all mean something different," Subramanyan explains. "He will crow in the morning, usually not before 7 o'clock. He crows when somebody enters the house. He crows in the evening, as if to say, 'Everybody, it is evening time, cool it.'"
    "He has a bark sound," she continues. "A yummy food sound."

MR. P-BLIZZARDEven when he makes no sound at all, he commands respect.

"All three cats and the pug treat him like he calls the shots," Subramanyan says. "And every dog gets 'the eye' when they first come inside."
    When the mood suits him, p-Blizzard is not opposed to waging a little psychological warfare.
    Sometimes, he will be found on the stairwell. In a deep sleep. Scaring the bejesus out of his mom.

MR. P-BLIZZARDAnd sometimes, when a dog is lying on the floor, p-Blizzard might pretend to be eating food very close to his head.

No reason, really. Just pecking at the ground around the dog's head.
    Likewise, every newcomer to the household is greeted with skepticism. Not paranoia, mind you. Paranoia is for hens. Just a little healthy skepticism. And, sometimes, a little something extra.

MR. P-BLIZZARDOnce a friend brought a big dog to the house for a visit. p-Blizzard may have done something — who can say just what? — to make the dog uncomfortable.

When the dog tried to approach Subramanyan for a little support, p-Blizzardsprang into action.
    "p-Blizzard ran over to him and body-checked him like a hockey player," Subramanyan says.
    But p-Blizzard is no bully. He just likes things a certain way ... for everyone in the household.
    P-Blizzard is even particular around those who share his home. Like Possum the Pug. The rooster's relations with the family dog didn't get off to the most promising start.
    P-Blizzard was … apprehensive.

MR. P-BLIZZARDIt turns out, Possum just needed a little time to get the memo. p-Blizzardeventually learned to appreciate the pug's service — and maybe even feel something that outside observers call love, though they would never utter this aloud in the rooster's presence.

MR. P-BLIZZARD"It went from a hostile relationship on his end," Subramanyan says, "to following her and sleeping next to her."

In fact, if p-Blizzard can be a dictator at times, he's a gentle dictator. A diaper-wearing dictator.
    "He's the gentlest guy," Subramanyan says. "You can touch his beak or waddle. He has never pecked a human."

MR. P-BLIZZARDIt's almost as if p-Blizzard just wants to keep the people he loves tolerates safe. Just as his soon-to-be family rescued him that cold, snow-swept night in November 2014, so too will he rescue them.

By keeping them punctual. And honest. And well-groomed.
    "He pecks affectionately," Kelly says. "And to take out gray hairs."

MR. P-BLIZZARDThis rooster has found his calling.

You can follow p-Blizzard's continuing adventures on Instagram or on hisFacebook page.

https://www.thedodo.com/blizzard-rooster-pet-house-1773425060.html?sf25650400=1
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

fgg

"Every morning, a rooster rises from his perch on the couch, darts up two flights of stairs, hops on the bed and positions his head about 3 inches from the faces of the sleeping humans.
    Then he screams at them."

oh, hell no!
    Bluebonnet and greysfang like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

i just love the plump little dog
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

I think I want a rooster. I've had two friends that owned chickens. They loved those chickens just like you would any other pet. They were really beautiful birds.

I would take him any day!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I love Phil (Mottled Houdan), but the little feathered bastard can sleep in the coop with the hens. No chicken diapers here!
    Fran2 likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

we live in the mountains, and when we first moved here, i wanted to kill every rooster here, the noise was so bad. now? not at all, i don't even hear them anymore.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

In that case, you need one of these!

panic likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Thanks Bluebonnet! I'm emailing this to my Dad, he loves roosters. He has his own set of rooster mugs.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I would never have one. My grandad kept a Rhode Island Red and it was the most evil, vicious bird you could ever meet. It lay in wait for victims and would launch at them with beak and spurs. Ma Kitty says that she has never enjoyed chicken as much as when Big Red went to the table, even if he was chewy as old boots.
    dougie likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I would never have one. My grandad kept a Rhode Island Red and it was the most evil, vicious bird you could ever meet. It lay in wait for victims and would launch at them with beak and spurs. Ma Kitty says that she has never enjoyed chicken as much as when Big Red went to the table, even if he was chewy as old boots.
    me:
    --->
    Last edited by dougie; May 6th, 2016 at 05:15 PM.
    I am infuriated: Flip Flops

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    OMG! My grandma had a Rhode Island Red too and he was a mean son of a bitch! Picture this: We pull up to my grandma's house in the country, but can't get out of the cars because we were warned by my grandma that Demon Bird would come around from the back of the house where the chicken coop was and attack any visitors. So we were instructed to honk our car horns. When we did that, Grandma came out of the house, grabbed a big stick she kept on the front porch, and met Demon Bird in the yard and headed him off at the pass, saying "Go on! Git!!!! I'll knock you in the head if you jump on me!" And he'd scurry off, crowing.

Beautiful birds but mean as hell.

panic likes this.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    In that case, you need one of these!

i love him
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

My Grandmother had a Rooster that was mean as hell. It HATED my Uncle Tony, who was 3 at the time. This asshole bird would chase my poor Uncle and try to claw at his face. One day My Dad and my Uncle Johnny were gonna fix this birds ass. They instructed my Uncle Tony to have this bird chase him into the barn and they were just going to close the door on him. NOOOPE, Here comes my Uncle Tony and this damn bird right behind him, he gets to the barn and my Pop clubbed the shit out of this bird. This thing went Robo-Rooster on all three of them before finally dying. My Grandmother never had roosters after that.
    Your penis is NOTHING to brag about! Is it normal for a penis to smell like corn chips?" Lark Voorhees

Thread Information