Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want a Pug!

Default I want a Pug!

I have been wanting a pug for a long time, but I was working a lot and our current home is not set up very well for a dog. Well, I am working part-time now, so I'm not away from home very much and we are moving and looking at bigger homes with nice backyards. We looked at a home today and they had the cutest Pug! I just went nuts and fell in love! My cousin had one when I was younger and she was the sweetest, cutest baby ever. I would rescue one, of course, who needs a good home. I found out online that they have a "Pug rescue" in our area and I would be willing to take in an older dog or one with health issues to take care of. I just want a pug baby to love!

I just had to share. I'm anxious!

Default Re: I want a Pug!

How about a Hawaiian pug?

"I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

too adorable! I want that baby!

wtg Panda for wanting to rescue! that's awesome to hear.

good luck in your search

I'll just have to be patient until we move and I get things set up real nice for my little friend! My cats will be so mad at first, but they'll get used to the new baby!

OMG

I do too!
    I saw one this weekend he was so cute.

I have a crazy cat though that won't share his space with any other animal

One day maybe we can get one.
    I will have to call him Frank though.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Elphie View Post
    wtg Panda for wanting to rescue! that's awesome to hear.

good luck in your search
    Thanks. All my kitties are rescues, too! It's the right thing to do!

I was reading about "Pug Rescue" and a lot of them were saved from puppy mills or breeders. That makes me love them and want to spoil them even more!
    There is a special little Pug out there waiting for me and he/she will be the most loved angel in the world!

I want a Pug in the worst way too!! But will have to wait for a bit. They're just so damn sweet and cute, how can you not love them??

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Thanks. All my kitties are rescues, too! It's the right thing to do!

I was reading about "Pug Rescue" and a lot of them were saved from puppy mills or breeders. That makes me love them and want to spoil them even more!
    There is a special little Pug out there waiting for me and he/she will be the most loved angel in the world!
    i wish there were more ppl like you. every year, i participate in a walkathon to raise awareness about canine rescue groups in ontario & it is heartbreaking to see just how many animals have been given up by irresponsible ppl.

my boyfriend has a pug...Zorro...i used to hate little dogs..until i started dating him...his uncle used to live 2 houses down and had a pug..named Ceaser..and ceaser would always hang out at my boyfriends house...i fell in love with pugs then..although they do look like they ran full speed pug butt run into a wall

(anyone with a pug knows what the butt run is!! )

they are absolutely adorable..and the most lovable things ever!! all they want is to sit on a lap and cuddle

they do have such cute and fun personalities! Well, we have found the new house we want to buy and it has a huge solarium on the back and a huge backyard, at least 2 acres. Our Pug will love it! I can't wait! When we get settled in, I'll contact Pug Rescue! I can't wait! My whole family is excited! He/she will be one VERY loved and adored little Pug!

Should I get steps up to my bed? I'll want my angel to sleep with us if he/she wants to.

That may be a dumb question, but I have only had cats for a very long time and I want my home to be comfortable and ready for a little dog. I know I'll have a million questions before we get him/her! Thank you all for being supportive.

edited to say that after reading another post, am I going to have to squeeze my Pug's butt? hee hee!
    Last edited by panda; August 23rd, 2006 at 12:05 PM.

zorro can jump up onto the bed himself..although most of the time hes too stubborn to do it..and you just have to pick him up..so a little set of steps might be helpful..we actually just have a foot stool type thing that sits at the end of the bed..and he can jump onto that and then onto the bed...about the anal sacs..ive had quite a few dogs in my life and i never ever heard about the anal sacs stuff until zorro..his has never been squeezed..but when he gets really relaxed ( i guess hes just really content and happy) he lets some out..its the worst smell in the world..believe me u will know if it happens..we call it butt juice...everytime i see that thread i cant stop laughing...the things we do for our animals..o and you should clean their folds on their faces too...their hair will start to turn a reddish color (if they are fawn colored) and will stink a lil bit..and instead of a regular collar..a harness works much better on them!! and if your not used to snoring..get used to it!! they snore sooooo loud..but its adorable

goodluck!!!

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by silver024 View Post
    i never ever heard about the anal sacs stuff until zorro..his has never been squeezed..but when he gets really relaxed ( i guess hes just really content and happy) he lets some out..its the worst smell in the world..believe me u will know if it happens..we call it butt juice...
    One of my cats used to do that sometimes when she was younger. We called it the Bog of Eternal Stench because if you got even a molecule of it on you, you couldn't seem to get rid of the evil smell without showering several times and burning all your clothes.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

you all are too funny! I have cats and I think I know what you're talking about. big time butt stink!

You should've seen the look on my husband's face when I told him, "you might have to squeeze our little Pug's anal sacs!" I'm a nurse and nothing bothers me, but he was grossed out!

hehe wait till your hubby smells it...then he will really make a face

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information